Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished it finally ...... :) !

Really liked the fight with Liquid, contrary to what some people were saying here, I really liked it.Face to face , two Snakes , knuckle to the bone !

I must say i really liked the interactive cutscene where
Snake was moving thru the microwave corridor, while we could see the others in split screen.....Everybody just came together and Snake ..... he was burning. I don't know what I want to say, but I really loved that part, partly because Raiden was so .......I felt sad for him, he didn't even have arms and was fending off frogs with a sword in his mouth !
Somehow, I really felt bad for Raiden in this game, He was such a happy guy before :( !

I liked the Wolf battle very much as I was perched on a tower and Sniping was the name of the game !:cool:

And I liked the Mantis battle coz it was different from all others. But beating Liquid , somehow, felt the best, though it was just a fist fight, it was cinematic enough to raise it above just a fistfight. Also, they made my day when Snake eater started playing in the background, man I still love MGS3 ! I didn't know I knew the words of the song, but apparently I do ... ;) !

I will talk later when I have gathered my thoughts.... right now I am in a hangover of MGS4!

Kojima needs accolades for what he has done ! No one ever even came close and he surpassed my expectations!

Question:
Why does Big boss die? Did he have Foxdie too? He says that they have used Snake to kill him again . How was Snake responsible this time?

Oh ! BTW, I am The Hawk now !! :cool: also had The Pig, the Cow, the Hyena, the Panther and The Inchworm !

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished it finally ...... :) !

Really liked the fight with Liquid, contrary to what some people were saying here, I really liked it.Face to face , two Snakes , knuckle to the bone !

Snake was moving thru the microwave corridor, while we could see the others in split screen.....Everybody just came together and Snake ..... he was burning. I don't know what I want to say, but I really loved that part, partly because Raiden was so .......I felt sad for him, he didn't even have arms and was fending off frogs with a sword in his mouth !
Somehow, I really felt bad for Raiden in this game, He was such a happy guy before :( !

I liked the Wolf battle very much as I was perched on a tower and Sniping was the name of the game !:cool:

And I liked the Mantis battle coz it was different from all others. But beating Liquid , somehow, felt the best, though it was just a fist fight, it was cinematic enough to raise it above just a fistfight. Also, they made my day when Snake eater started playing in the background, man I still love MGS3 ! I didn't know I knew the words of the song, but apparently I do ... ;) !

I will talk later when I have gathered my thoughts.... right now I am in a hangover of MGS4!

Kojima needs accolades for what he has done ! No one ever even came close and he surpassed my expectations!

Question:
Why does Big boss die? Did he have Foxdie too? He says that they have used Snake to kill him again . How was Snake responsible this time?

Oh ! BTW, I am The Hawk now !! :cool: also had The Pig, the Cow, the Hyena, the Panther and The Inchworm !

Snakes foxdie released to kill BigBoss...he was one of the targets...

Yes. Everyone tells me that Solid Snake is the genetically inferior brother. So I took a defensive strategy when fighting Liquid. I don't think it's fair to have Konami gimp Liquid if that's what the story called for. Afterall, we are there to prove that techniques and nurture can beat genetics and nature (Gattaca, ftw !)

Well, I know what I want to say. Don't ever make me do it again ! I almost lost my thumb in that short segment.

Also, they made my day when Snake eater started playing in the background, man I still love MGS3 ! I didn't know I knew the words of the song, but apparently I do ... ;) !

The sound tracks are nice, but the one that rose above all was the theme when Snake sneaked into
Shadow Mosses in Act 4.

Yes. Everyone tells me that Solid Snake is the genetically inferior brother. So I took a defensive strategy when fighting Liquid. I don't think it's fair to have Konami gimp Liquid if that's what the story called for. Afterall, we are there to prove that techniques and nurture can beat genetics and nature (Gattaca, ftw !)

Well, I know what I want to say. Don't ever make me do it again ! I almost lost my thumb in that short segment.

You're fighting Liquid Ocelot, not Liquid
- LO is only part of Liquid, and Ocelot has lost to a Snake before - being completely embarrassed by his lack of skill.

That section was great -
the tapping fitted perfectly because I really didn't want Snake to die :( I was desperate to keep him alive.
PS. Anywhere where it says move the analogue stick to shake something off...just shake the controller instead. Same for when you're knocked out in MGO, much quicker to shake the controller. Lots of hidden Sixaxis controls..

man... what an awesome game so far. i think i'm almost done act 4. i don't think i've ever played a game where i said to myself, i can't wait until i finish it so i can see what happens. unfortunately, i don't have all the time in the world, otherwise id probably play it in one sit down.

i've never played a game with such varied gameplay throughout. the only knock i have against it, is the cutscenes are quite lengthy, but most of them are pretty entertaining and the story is awesome.

this is the best of the series imo, and the best game i've played in recent memory, or quite possibly my favorite game of all time. i'm so glad i picked this up.

i wasn't a big fan of stealth games, therefore, i wasn't a big fan of the gameplay elements of previous MG games. but i absolutely love the gameplay in MGS4. it allows you to play the game as more of an action/shooter if you choose. or if you are a stealth fan, you can play it that way, too.

The sound tracks are nice, but the one that rose above all was the theme when Snake sneaked into
Shadow Mosses in Act 4.

Liquid is the genetically inferior one. He's Daddy Devito while Solid is Arnold Swartsnegger.

I also liked that part the best.
Especially playing the original MGS again, and than seeing how everything's change over the years and between the ability of the original PS and PS3. That whole act was a great trip down memory lane. I spend a lot of time figuring out where part of the levels of the original MGS where under the snow. And triggering these segments of the story that took place there.

Liquid is the genetically inferior one. He's Daddy Devito while Solid is Arnold Swartsnegger.

Especially playing the original MGS again, and than seeing how everything's change over the years and between the ability of the original PS and PS3. That whole act was a great trip down memory lane. I spend a lot of time figuring out where part of the levels of the original MGS where under the snow. And triggering these segments of the story that took place there.

Are you sure? I thought that Liquid got all the dominant genes

I believes its that.

Liquid THINKS he is the inferior one, when he is not. Snake is the inferior one.

Shadow Mosses in Act 4.

Well Solid is genetically inferior ! But his will keeps him going !(and our button presses ;) !) I won liquid in my third try, it does require timing and technique contrary to someone saying just luck .!

Also, regarding the soundtrack, I love the menu music and the one that came when the credits rolled ....hmmm...maybe I need to get it ;) !

And thank god we just had to press triangle during the microwave segment, coz during the Vamp fight, I couldn't see
Raiden killing Vamp at all
as I was so busy killing Gekkos !:???:

At the end of MGS, Liquid tells Solid that Big Boss always told him that he ( Liquid ) was inferior.

I still stand by what I said about that fight. You can time all you want but its the game that ultimately decides whether you hit him or not.

Foxdie
was made to targets people with specific genes. Snake was infected with it, and as soon as he got close to one of the targets it would infect them and later kill them. It was the Patriots, the AI's intention to kill all the original Patriots that rebelled against Zero. These are Eva, Ocelot and Big Boss.

At the end of MGS, Liquid tells Solid that Big Boss always told him that he ( Liquid ) was inferior.
Well I am a little confused with that. I remember at the end of MGS1 Ocelot talking to the "president" and he said something along the lines "he didnt know that HE wasnt the inferior one" or something like that.

Well I am a little confused with that. I remember at the end of MGS1 Ocelot talking to the "president" and he said something along the lines "he didnt know that HE wasnt the inferior one" or something like that.

This is correct. Solid is the inferior one. Just download the database and see for yourself. :)

I just beat the game BTW. Best game ever.
The microwave scene sticks out the most. It was very emotional.

Well Solid is genetically inferior ! But his will keeps him going !(and our button presses ;) !) I won liquid in my third try, it does require timing and technique contrary to someone saying just luck .!

Also, regarding the soundtrack, I love the menu music and the one that came when the credits rolled ....hmmm...maybe I need to get it ;) !

And thank god we just had to press triangle during the microwave segment, coz during the Vamp fight, I couldn't see
Raiden killing Vamp at all
as I was so busy killing Gekkos !:???:

Aye, I think the point is... back to Kojima's arguments about Genes, and what is and what isn't passed over with genes. Also how much control do your genes have over your existence in life - nurture vs nature etc.

I checked the database, but I can't see the MGS4 parts. Probably because its an american add-on while my MGS4 copy is european.

I thought that Liquid next to his goals also wanted to prove he wasn't inferior after being told so. That by creating his own Outer Heaven he would prove that he has surpassed Big Boss.

I checked the database, but I can't see the MGS4 parts. Probably because its an american add-on while my MGS4 copy is european.

I thought that Liquid next to his goals also wanted to prove he wasn't inferior after being told so. That by creating his own Outer Heaven he would prove that he has surpassed Big Boss.

Yes, surpass Big Boss and free himself from his fate defined by his genes.

There are two themes in the game. Genes, and information. Our fate is defined by our bodies and our external environment. Can we free ourselves from that fate?

My first complete play through was on Solid Normal and I beat it the first time with just luck. I didn't even know what I was doing exactly. I just spammed the R2 button a lot. Like I didn't even know L2 was guard/block or that I could use X to dodge.

But I finished it earlier today in Big Boss Hard mode. That fist fight was extremely hard for me. Especially in his second form he can take a huge part of your heath bar in one punch. At that difficultly or higher, you need to know exactly what you are doing.

RenegadeRocks said:
But his will keeps him going !(and our button presses !) I won liquid in my third try

I think it's more Solid Snake's access to Continues and Reloads that really gives him the edge :p

Ahem... his will = the willingness to continue/reload :LOL:
Sad but I am afraid we are still living in the MGS4 world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back