Burnout: Paradise City

On their podcast, I think Criterion mentioned they currently didn't need / use the BluRay for disc size. So I don't think that if there's a texture difference, it comes from the size they have for BluRay. If it comes from anywhere, then I'd guess that would be HDD texture caching, as they do mention that making the game for DVD only for the 360 was one of the bigger issues.

1up say the PS3 version is GFX wise superior (some better textures and no vsync issues), has better controls (Superior triggers) but both play identically and the 360 has the custom soundtrack option lacjking in the PS3 version.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3165508

Why is this still an issue? :LOL:

The game is far more solid on the PS3. The frame-rate hitching and draw-in is so damn obvious in the Xbox 360 version compared to the PS3.

The game is far more solid on the PS3. The frame-rate hitching and draw-in is so damn obvious in the Xbox 360 version compared to the PS3.

This seems to be the case. Despite the slight visual differences (which I would give the slight nod to the 360) there is more draw in and loading stop gaps in the 360 version. Though I didnt notice the v-sync in the demo for the 360.

I would say for multi-console owners the PS3 would be the preferred choice based on the game itself. For additional options (soundtracks, Live, etc) thats more of a personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

While that may be true, I personally find better AF on 360 and better textures on PS3 claims very curious. It's almost always the reverse.

360 version has achievements...makes my decision very easy :)
i think the PS3 version has its own "achievements", but they're called "awards". at least thats the impression i get after reading this:
GameSpy said:
On the other hand, Paradise's reward system is very well-implemented. Whether it's Achievements on Xbox 360 or Awards on PS3, Paradise paces its prizes much better than Burnout Revenge, which had nightmarish Achievement requirements on 360. Sure, you'll get basic kudos for taking your first car to a repair shop, but as the game goes on, the scale goes up. Some of it's collection-based, such as crashing a certain number of fences or billboards, and some of it involves hitting a takedown streak in Road Rage or other criteria specific to game types.

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/burnout-5/846595p1.html

Remember the 360 can upscale the game to 1080p,
that's why I'm going with the 360 version.

Burnout looks amazing in 1080p HDMI!!!!
Once you factor that between the two versions, to me its clear 360>PS3.

played both demos but the 360 version looks much sharper upscaled (1080p)
than the PS3 on my Sharp. I can use the DOT by DOT option on my TV too.

The PS3 version will only do 720p (at least the demo does).

I believe there is very little, if any slowdown on the 360 version.
I've read the frame rate has been fixed since the demo.

Well if you have an 1080P panel it's going to be upscaled anyway.
+1. and you will notice little to no difference running at 720p or allowing the 360 to upscale. your TV upscales regardless, its just a matter of how much better, if any, of a job the 360 does vs your TV.

Just picked up the 360 version, got it early at a mom and pop shop (almost went with the PS3 version). It looks beautiful–no worries about slowdown it runs a lot better than the demo.
One of the most impressive games on the 360.

Races are long and one can get lost if you don't keep an eye on the maps.
Road Rage is as brilliant as ever! It's total chaos!

Ask if you have any questions.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/20071231#1199079720

to me, it either looks like the reflections are more apparent, and/or the car is glossier. please tell me its not just me. :???:
I have no idea what you're talking about. The colour palette and glossiness are identical. Like I said, I did a mathematical difference in Photoshop, and the only differences are due to the slightly different angle and reflection map edges.

While that may be true, I personally find better AF on 360 and better textures on PS3 claims very curious. It's almost always the reverse.
Well, the screenshots are there for you to see for yourself on the AF matter. Unless you think he flipped the image names.

Holy crap, this game is awesome!! (360 version)

Runs smooth as butter, fun, addictive, instant online play and challenges galore built into every corner.

Very impressive looking as well.

So the retail 360 version is much better than its corresponding demo :?:

Nope.

My brother has the 360 version and compared it over my house today, against my PS3 edition. Even a diehard 360 fan as he is; even commented about the obvious lag-load and draw-in the 360 version when compared to my edition.

He tried to convince me earlier today on getting the 360 version, until he came over and played the PS3 version. I’m $40 dollars richer…:LOL:

Holy crap, this game is awesome!! (360 version)

Runs smooth as butter, fun, addictive, instant online play and challenges galore built into every corner.

Very impressive looking as well.

Everything else is true, except that first part. Frame-rate hitching is quite present.

My brother has the 360 version and compared it over my house today, against my PS3 edition. Even a diehard 360 fan as he is; even commented about the obvious lag-load and draw-in the 360 version when compared to my edition.

That's great...but I'm not asking about the PS3 edition. I'm wondering about the retail 360 edition compared to its corresponding demo. ;)

Back