Burnout: Paradise City

If there is a game that should have been remastered its this game !
Played some on my pc again and damn the game is so much unabashed fun ! Why can't game be such fun anymore??? Fast frenetic and celebratory!!!

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I loved it, I never understood the hate it got - seems a real marmite game...I've been waiting for a sequel for years and would buy a remaster in a heart-beat (having said that, what's it like on a half decent PC?)

I loved it, I never understood the hate it got - seems a real marmite game...I've been waiting for a sequel for years and would buy a remaster in a heart-beat (having said that, what's it like on a half decent PC?)
Oh it runs great even on my old PC and even on my niece's PC which desnt even have a gfx card so no worries on that department. But PC never got the two big DLCs which ps360 got : Cops and Robbers and Big SUrf Island ! and that hurts :( !

In fact I am trying to find a used ps3 version of the ultimate edition. Somehow, even though games are pouring on the ps4 these days, I still fin myself booting up my ps3 to replay older "fun" games instead as my ps4 discs gather dust. Is it that games were just more fun 4-5 years back? It cant be nostalgia in my case for sure.

Oh it runs great even on my old PC and even on my niece's PC which desnt even have a gfx card so no worries on that department. But PC never got the two big DLCs which ps360 got : Cops and Robbers and Big SUrf Island ! and that hurts :( !

In fact I am trying to find a used ps3 version of the ultimate edition. Somehow, even though games are pouring on the ps4 these days, I still fin myself booting up my ps3 to replay older "fun" games instead as my ps4 discs gather dust. Is it that games were just more fun 4-5 years back? It cant be nostalgia in my case for sure.

No DLC? That's a bummer (and maybe another reason to remaster?). I have my PS3 in the man cave on projector, I might have to have a blast...I just found the subsequent games that were like BP (Hot Pursuit and Rivals) lacking. I had some fun but BP just got it spot on. I think there was an element of nostalgia for me, there was a group of guys from work and we used to play this and Killzone on alternate Fridays - ah the good old days! But still, one of my favourite games last gen.

I can't see how anyone could not like Paradise, the feeling of speed, the sound tracks, the design of the city, the range of challenges, the hidden stuff, the polish, it's almost perfect.

Need for speed Most Wanted was the spiritual successor to Paradise, but wasn't anyway near as impressive, though still fun.

I read the other week that big surf island is available as a mod for the PC, but haven't tried it.

I was quite upset when I found out BSI wasn't on the PC, as I played the game to death on PS3. Then when I found how good it looked and ran on my media PC (SB pentium+ hd7750) hooked up to my projector I bought it again hoping to get the DLC in the "Ultimate Box".

In your opinion
for example :
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 scores higher on metacritic

So metacritic is the answer to all your 'which game is best' needs? It's not just my opinion (as can be seen by other posters) and do a google, the games divide opinion because Hot Pursuit is not really the same game, BP is all about just having fun whereas HP is leaning to a much more 'realistic' style of open world racer.

Also FYI metacritic users preferred Burnout Paradise over Hot Pursuit

Hot Pursuit and especially NFS MW 2012 were fun but nowhere near unabashed like Burnout Paradise. NFS 2012 pretty much has that Burnou thisng going in there , just that Paradise city feels more fun and over the top while playing when compared to Fair Haven. The NFS brand made them lose that zaniness of Burnout. But yes, NFS 2012 is my most played NFS game for sure only and only because it was basically a spiritual successor to Burnout Paradise. It lost the 60 fps in the transition though.

So metacritic is the answer to all your 'which game is best' needs?
No, Im pointing out that your position that me saying "hey there are other good games out there" does not make any sense because youve decided that burnout is the most fun is a ridiculous
position to hold because :
1 : not everyone agrees with you and metacritc shows that.
2 : Even if burnout is the most fun how exactly does that prevent other games from being good.

No, Im pointing out that your position that me saying "hey there are other good games out there" does not make any sense because youve decided that burnout is the most fun is a ridiculous
position to hold because :
1 : not everyone agrees with you and metacritc shows that.
2 : Even if burnout is the most fun how exactly does that prevent other games from being good.

This thread is the Burnout PC thread, if someone comes in here saying 'I want a remaster' it's because todays games don't deliver what they need so saying "there are other open world racing games" makes no sense.

As for the metacritic comment, again, the actual gamers (you know, the ones that matter) preferred Paradise to Hot Pursuit. Of course not everyone agrees with me (duh).

And I never said any other open world racer was not good, hell I even enjoyed Hot Pursuit for a while but nowhere near as much as Paradise - as pointed out, I think it's because it was more OTT, I'm not really a big fan of racers but loved BP (may have even got the plat IIRC).

Hot Pursuit and especially NFS MW 2012 were fun but nowhere near unabashed like Burnout Paradise. NFS 2012 pretty much has that Burnou thisng going in there , just that Paradise city feels more fun and over the top while playing when compared to Fair Haven. The NFS brand made them lose that zaniness of Burnout. But yes, NFS 2012 is my most played NFS game for sure only and only because it was basically a spiritual successor to Burnout Paradise. It lost the 60 fps in the transition though.

Might have to give it a try, thanks :)

As for the metacritic comment, again, the actual gamers (you know, the ones that matter) preferred Paradise to Hot Pursuit.
Oh sorry I forgot about only being able to play the preferred game

This thread is the Burnout PC thread, if someone comes in here saying 'I want a remaster' it's because todays games don't deliver what they need so saying "there are other open world racing games" makes no sense
And if someone posted "I want a thustmaster gamepad but they dont sell them anymore" saying the xbox gamepads are good would make no sense either

having said that, what's it like on a half decent PC?
Like this
I play it at 5292x1050
fbMHsgD.jpg

Last edited:
Oh sorry I forgot about only being able to play the preferred game

I'm confused, you brought metacritic in to prove some point - I'm not sure any more what that point is. Bottom line, sure there are other open world racers out there but none are as good (in my and the majorities opinion) or better than Paradise.

As for NFS MW 2012, I had played that and forgotten all about it - that's how memorable it was for me. Maybe it was just a perfect storm of gameplay, open world, online with mates, etc and nothing will ever bring those memories back :(

Don't think I'll bother on PC (might give it a spin at the right price), I don't get much gaming time as it is so would rather wait for a remaster or proper sequel.

edit - lol, it's only a few quid might as well give it a go

Back