Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

Just finished on hard . I don`t know if I want to go through again on crushing...
I think I will just play the chapters seperately on easy or normal and get the other trophies and treasure.

:) I always found achievements boring... But trophies are great :!:
Seriously though, if I could play again a few games that came out in 08, those would be Uncharted (I'll do that when I get some free time) and Heavenly Sword. This gives me an extra reason to do it. If only NT did the same with HS...

100 headshots is very easy on the hard difficulty, so I would imagine it being an ok challenge on crushing. The enemies generally peak out of their cover just where you expect them to and some even cycle between a little peak, bigger peak and then getting out of the cover and shooting and moving about and then ducking back in again. I didn't observe if this was true for all regular human enemies.

I won't be playing Uncharted again on crushing (got stuck the first time and got bored), it was really brutal. I am very impressed that some of you guys have finished the game on crushing

I got the 100 headshots on crushing before the half-way mark, its easy enough to do. I even got my survivor medal in the same place I got it the first time, on chapter 19.

On crushing, if you take the same approach to a situation, the enemies will often respond in a similar way (but not always), so you can figure out the best way to do it that way. The shotgun is probably the most valuable weapon, as you'll often won't be able to stop enemies from rushing in anyway. Blind firing it when they come too close has saved me many times.

But I won't be playing crushing again either. Hard is challenging enough without becoming to difficult.

Not stationary on Crushing :D Skill's involved certainly, but there's 100's of enemies to kill before the game's out...so very possible to get 100 headshots.

What are you talking about? they are stationary on crushing aswell, they take cover lean and peak out, and stand still and try to shoot you quite often.

What are you talking about? they are stationary on crushing aswell, they take cover lean and peak out, and stand still and try to shoot you quite often.

I appear to have a different understanding of the word stationary. Stationary to me means they stay still. In crushing they move forward at every attempt.

Doesn't it also depend on whether or not you're covering their position with your aim?

Doesn't it also depend on whether or not you're covering their position with your aim?

I suspect something along those lines based on very recent play impressions. They seem to peek out from either the opposite side of cover (opposite the side your are aiming at) or jump out much further from the same side you were aiming at instead of just peeking out and right into your sites. Part of me feels this is cheating on the AI part, but it makes the battles more dynamic.

I suspect something along those lines based on very recent play impressions. They seem to peek out from either the opposite side of cover (opposite the side your are aiming at) or jump out much further from the same side you were aiming at instead of just peeking out and right into your sites. Part of me feels this is cheating on the AI part, but it makes the battles more dynamic.
And you arent cheating if you hide behind cover yet fully see behind it? ;)
Sounds fair to me

Nope, i often aim where i think they will pop out, and often they pop out right into the aim.

Playing on crushing now, done the first 5levels, got the 100hs after 4th level or so.

I've noticed the exact same thing, they act (kinda) predictable until you go in aim mode and then they adjust their pattern. However if you line up your shot but then release L1 button they'll (mostly) use their predictable pattern and you can quickly get a shot off. I guess you could call that an AI cheat.

The real cheat though is that while you're doing all this lineup stuff for the headshot there's some other guy lining you up for a headshot and then talks shit to you after the kill shot. Cheating bastages!!! :LOL:

I appear to have a different understanding of the word stationary. Stationary to me means they stay still. In crushing they move forward at every attempt.

Ofcourse stationary means standing still, and the enemies on crushing are STANDING STILL alot of the time.

At crushing they often take cover behind shit, hell they often even just stand without cover and try to shoot you.

While the enemies try to move forward its only sometimes, far from every attempt. 50% of the time the enemies are shooting they are standing still, standing still = stationary targets.

The enemies in uncharted are very stationary, added with the fact that you got a third person view and a cover mode, picking off headshots is not particularly hard in this game..

I've noticed the exact same thing, they act (kinda) predictable until you go in aim mode and then they adjust their pattern.

They are still predictable under aim mode, they switch their pattern only slightly, and if you keep aiming they usually peak out and into your crosshair in my experience.

There is some correlation between when the enemy peaks out and shoot and if your aiming out of cover or not however, but not where your aiming.

Btw, those different weapon unlocks etc you get, can you use them in replays and still get throphies? If you finish first at crushing, and then just use unlocks etc for a re-run on some other difficulty.

Hmm... it sounds like you get a lot of time to wait and aim. In normal level, I'll have pirates flanking me from different angles. You do have to change cover right ? (unless your shots are very quick and well-placed.... unlike mine :) ).

Ofcourse stationary means standing still, and the enemies on crushing are STANDING STILL alot of the time.

At crushing they often take cover behind shit, hell they often even just stand without cover and try to shoot you.

While the enemies try to move forward its only sometimes, far from every attempt. 50% of the time the enemies are shooting they are standing still, standing still = stationary targets.

The enemies in uncharted are very stationary, added with the fact that you got a third person view and a cover mode, picking off headshots is not particularly hard in this game..

I'd say the enemies in Uncharted are some of the most proactive enemies iv experienced. In Crushing they were constantly moving to get me...straight at me. Yes, some far away are stationary...but as you move forward, they move too. Perhaps my play style is different, meaning they are more active.

But what I like about Uncharted is that you're always forced to move - whether enemies are coming to get you, they throw a grenade at you, or you're running out of ammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still predictable under aim mode, they switch their pattern only slightly, and if you keep aiming they usually peak out and into your crosshair in my experience.

There is some correlation between when the enemy peaks out and shoot and if your aiming out of cover or not however, but not where your aiming.

Btw, those different weapon unlocks etc you get, can you use them in replays and still get throphies? If you finish first at crushing, and then just use unlocks etc for a re-run on some other difficulty.

Yup that works.

Back