Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

They all have different look. MLB The Show 2009, Gran Turismo, Killzone 2, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4 all look impressive in their own special ways.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot about MotorStorm: Pacific Rift ! :oops:

I just fired up Uncharted and played for a bit, cause I was curious to see how I'd feel about its visuals after investing about 25+ hours in Killzone 2 SP.
Certain elements dont seem as amazing as they did back in November of '07 ( textures, character animation), but the self shadowing and lighting is still very impressive.
In most situations, character shadows are quite smooth and sharp.
Come November, I fully expect Among Thieves to be the best looking shooter on the platform. (and quite possibly the best looking game on the platform)

If it's the best looking shooter, wouldn't it ipso facto be the best looking game on the platform?

God, no. What a silly thing to say.
(I think MLB 09 The Show is the platform's best looking game at the moment.)

Huh!? But you were bigging up Killzone 2 - and most would agree KZ2 is the best looking game on the platform - and it's a shooter.

MLB The Show? Played the demo...thought it looked average.

any1 experience some screen tear and slowdown in uncharted (720p)?
I was on latest generation crt before upgrading to hd, and i didn't see/notice it on my first playthrough

Huh!? But you were bigging up Killzone 2 - and most would agree KZ2 is the best looking game on the platform - and it's a shooter.

MLB The Show? Played the demo...thought it looked average.

I dont care what most would agree on!
I simply find the Show to be more visually impressive than KZ2.
Alot of that has to do with the resolution and 60 framerate, both of which have a big impact on perceived image quality, but I find the animations exquisite and the lighting, generally excellent.
Sharp, great looking games that attempt to run at 60 frames (The Show, GT5P, Quest 4 Booty, Wipeout HD) look spectacular when played on a decent television; even though the Show is rendering comparitively basic assets, it is being done at a very high quality.

Back