The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because to me a 10 means it perfect. In school you could only score a 10 if you had everything right, even if you made one mistake you'd get a 10-, 9,9 or whatever. But only a 10 if everything was right. The fact is that Halo3 isnt perfect just as I think there wont every be a game that is perfect so it shouldnt get a 10 but a 9,9 if you think its the best thing.
On the basis of real life, there is nothing perfect, and thus no game is perfect. A 10 MEANS that the game is a masterpiece, not a perfect game.

Every game has ups and downs, some stages and situations are more on the boring side of things, other levels are average and some others are incredibly fun. But no game is uniformly conceived or evenly fun.

The four player CO-OP is probably quite easy though even on legendary, as the amount of enemies probably stayes the same.
Yes, but enemies do greater damage. If one of players is dead he can respawn only when another is not fighting, too.

Yes, but enemies do greater damage.

Greater damage than in single player on legendary?

edit: normally co-op is much easier than single player. In Gears of War insane on Co-OP is imo much easier than single player Hardcore difficulty, same is true for Halo, and with 3 other human players, it should be quite easy. Although in Halo 2 the Legendary was very hard because it didn't allow the other player to respawn at all.

Re: Graphics

I'll make this as perfectly clear as I can.

The graphics are somewhat inconsistent.

At it's best, Halo 3 is the best looking game the 360 has to offer. (when you have lots of stuff happening all at once)

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=13134198

At it's worse, Halo 3 is very average looking. (when nothing is happening on the screen)

But all is forgiven for amazing depth of content and game play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. The game still shouldn't be all that hard in coop, exactly as you say. But still it could be challenging, we'll find out soon. :)

Thats the reasoning behind the skull modifiers in the game - to increase challenge for co-op play through, especially in the meta game.

EDIT: Beat!

The four player CO-OP is probably quite easy though even on legendary, as the amount of enemies probably stayes the same. Still quite likely lot's of fun.
Halo 2 legendary was impossible to me (SP, I have had my Live gold since March 2007), especially in the the Hangar so I don't know. There is a new difficulty level (Mythic).

If you have played Halo 2 you probably remember the secret skulls. They are back in Halo 3, and their main goal is to increase difficulty. Skull effects stack (thank god, in Halo 2 it was painful creating new profiles just to reach the nearest waypoint to the skulls), so in Halo 3 it's possible to have all of them on -- although the resulting game experience would likely be impossible to complete.

There are 9 skulls with different effects, plus 4 with unknown effects:

Iron

Black Eye

Tough Luck

Catch

Fog

Famine

Thunderstorm

Tilt

Mythic

A Few Quick Questions:
  1. The Legendary Edition. I understand that they are individually numbered, but are there limited quantities (e.g no more than 100,000 or something)?
  2. Besides playing Halo 1 and 2 over again, are the cinemas from those 2 available anywhere else (anywhere besides the Legendary Edition, that is) in a high quality format.
I'm asking because I have the L.E. pre-ordered at Circuit City (last minute, just today). I have no interest in the Helmet or most of the other extras, but I do want to review the Halo 1 and 2 story. Played them both, but never to completion.

A Few Quick Questions:
  1. The Legendary Edition. I understand that they are individually numbered, but are there limited quantities (e.g no more than 100,000 or something)?
We won't really know until people start checking and posting their engraved numbers. All we know is that there are 6 digits. I wouldn't guess more than 500K, but... I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure the folks at neogaf will find out first.

Besides playing Halo 1 and 2 over again, are the cinemas from those 2 available anywhere else (anywhere besides the Legendary Edition, that is) in a high quality format.
Halo:CE
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cutscenes/halo.html

Halo 2
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cutscenes/halo2.html

You may want to check out the level transcripts too. There are numerous story bits revealed during the course of the game from in-game speeches and audio clips.
http://halosm.bungie.org/story/

We won't really know until people start checking and posting their engraved numbers. All we know is that there are 6 digits. I wouldn't guess more than 500K, but... I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure the folks at neogaf will find out first.

Halo:CE
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cutscenes/halo.html

Halo 2
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cutscenes/halo2.html

You may want to check out the level transcripts too. There are numerous story bits revealed during the course of the game from in-game speeches and audio clips.

Much obliged! :D I'm wondering if those (in-game) story elements will be covered in the Legendary Edt. or if it just has the same cut-scenes as the site you linked to. Well, regardless, the transcripts are available like you mentioned.

Now the question is do I want to cancel that pre-order and just get the Special or Regular Editions. I think I'll wait to see if my order gets back-ordered tonight upon release. If it does, I'll just grab a copy from store shelves.

Much obliged! :D I'm wondering if those (in-game) story elements will be covered in the Legendary Edt. or if it just has the same cut-scenes as the site you linked to. Well, regardless, the transcripts are available like you mentioned.

This is what HBO had to say on that:

Of far more interest to the hardcore fan, however, is going to be the 'Director's Commentary'. Turn this track on, and you can watch the cutscenes while listening to discussion between Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnell, and Jason Jones as they reminisce about the making of the games, the problems that the cutscenes gave them, the things that had to be removed from the game, what they wish they could have done, and more.
You can finally learn what Joe meant a couple of years ago, when he talked about the bomb Miranda strapped to the Chief's back... and many other inside snippets. For Bungie stalkers - erm, enthusiasts, this is two hours of awesome.
http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/essentialsreview/

It may be best to read everything for yourself and start connecting things with the facts and then join the rest of the story fans in their rampant speculation. Don't forget the novels too! :p

And then there's the IRIS alternate reality game. It sheds a tiny bit of light on the Forerunners and our relationship with them. To spare people the pain of searching through forums on the subject, a couple fans made recap videos, which you can download from this thread.

Oy... big universe. :cool:

This is what HBO had to say on that:

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/essentialsreview/

It may be best to read everything for yourself and start connecting things with the facts and then join the rest of the story fans in their rampant speculation. Don't forget the novels too! :p

And then there's the IRIS alternate reality game. It sheds a tiny bit of light on the Forerunners and our relationship with them. To spare people the pain of searching through forums on the subject, a couple fans made recap videos, which you can download from this thread.

Oy... big universe. :cool:

Wow, massive supporting universe. :oops: Many thanks for the links. Not sure how deep I'll go, but there's plenty to dive into when I do.

I just wish they'd anti-alias more console games. The hardware can do it. But it's not a priority, and I don't understand why. I'll be playing it on a SDTV tho, if I buy it, so I guess that'll help out with the jaggies.

But, c'mon. It's 2007. The hardware is designed for anti-aliasing. I've been using it on my PeeCee since 2002 or so. That and anisotropic, which 360 should be even more capable of than AA with decent speed.

Yes, graphics whore here. I'd trade some specular shader nonsense for nice, clean edges, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back