The First Halo 3 Single Player Screens + Video! Rules=#369

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlimBlim just posted this high resolution version of one of the screenshots from the scans on NeoGAF.

Wow, that's unreal! Look at the amount of details! Though explosion isn't as good as Lost Planet...well basing from this screenshot.

[edited]

Halo 3 was finally confirmed to have 4 player online co-op as of today at a presentation by Bungie in Amsterdam

OMG, this game going to rule LIVE.

Can I get a "SOURCE!!!!" ;)

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/h...-coperatief-voor-vier-spelers-over-Live.html/

Dutch said:
Nieuws | 31 juli 2007 - Microsoft en Bungie hebben bevestigd op een persconferentie in, jawel, Amsterdam, dat Halo 3 via Xbox Live de singleplayer missies coöperatief met vier personen tegelijk te spelen zullen zijn. Op die manier kunnen vier spelers maximaal online met of tegen elkaar strijden.

English said:
News | 31 July 2007 - Microsoft and Bungie on a press conference in, jawel, Amsterdam have confirmed, which halo 3 by means of Xbox live the singleplayer missions will be cooperatively with four persons at the same time play. This way four players can fight up to online with or against each other.

Cheers!

Didn't need the translation though... ;)

Pshaw, not everyone here reads Dutch! ;)

(btw, JBark's link cites a Dutch site too. :p)

edit:

Man... well, before they confirmed system link co-op. That's a cakewalk by comparison. But damn... I wonder how the lag will be online. I hope it's not restricted to Live though (i.e. any combination of Xbox units on a LAN, keeping in mind split-screen)

I wish Bungie would do a conference presentation on the details of their network programming; I'm curious.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161651

Halo 3 to Feature 4P Online Co-Op
Bungie wishy washy on co-op no more. This is the real deal.
By Patrick Klepek, 07/31/2007
The latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly caused a little controversy when Bungie couldn't confirm the existence of online co-operative play in Halo 3 because the feature wasn't ready. Now, apparently, it is. News out of a press conference in Amsterdam (as reported by Inside Gamer), later confirmed by former 1UP'er-turned-Bungie-mangod Luke Smith, brings word of four-player online co-op play over Xbox Live in the September shooter.

More details are expected on Bungie.net later today. Stay tuned.

4 person online co-op??

Gives me the shivers! I thought Gears helped revolutionize online co-op.

If this is as thoughtful, tactful and well done, this will be a whole new level!!!!

I enjoy co-op play much more then deathmatch style online play! This has me psyched!

H3ad.jpg

halo3chopperzk5.png

People complain about the graphics, but this, to me, is the one of the best screen shots I have ever seen... from any game.

Lighting - perfect
Textures - perfect
Motion blur - perfect

I think I've found a flawless screen shot.

Beautifull, unbelievable pc gamers are left with those antique crap gfx in Halo2 :(

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=thesoundofsack

"It’s time for us to sack up and tell you what’s what regarding online co-op.

So you were probably wondering why we didn’t want to commit to two player co-op online over Xbox Live. We certainly got plenty of mail asking, no, demanding that we make it happen. Of course we were working on it, but we were also working on something better. Not two player co-op. Not three-player co-op, but up to four player co-op. Online. On Xbox Live, or sure, System Link if you prefer.

That is correct – up to four player co-op in Campaign mode on Xbox Live or System Link.

We’ve been playing it for quite some time, and bluntly, having some of our greatest ever Halo experiences. We wanted to make sure all our “tâ€s were crossed and our “iâ€s dotted before unveiling this important new part of Halo 3’s Campaign mode.

Every player will have identical abilities – only their appearance and weapon starts are different (Elites will start with Carbines versus Battle Rifles for example, depending on the mission). So there you have it. Mystery solved. Internet dramas ended. Four player online co-op it is. And a special thanks to the test, engineering, production and design teams who worked incredibly hard to make this feature happen."

Haters may officially STFU :)

this very well may be the most complete console game experience of all time.

the list of features that are involved with Xbox Live, let alone the extensive epic campaign battles combined with the graphics, AI and controls are mind boggling.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=thesoundofsack

"

That is correct – up to four player co-op in Campaign mode on Xbox Live or System Link.

We’ve been playing it for quite some time, and bluntly, having some of our greatest ever Halo experiences. We wanted to make sure all our “tâ€￾s were crossed and our “iâ€￾s dotted before unveiling this important new part of Halo 3’s Campaign mode."

Again, that about sums it up. This game will sell 3 million copies before the end of the year. If not before December.

Scary.

If I had a tail, it'd be wagging a lot right now. I'll settle for my right foot. ;)

:cool: :D

Unique characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back