Yakuza 3

some fans are doing the eng sub for fatal frame 4 on the wii, the patch is says to work with the original copy of the game through the sd slot and allow any system system to play it. Wonder if it is possible with PS3.

It seems that we are not at the end of the road yet:
http://kotaku.com/5326900/yakuza-3-american-release-still-unconfirmed

Keep hope alive! It seems SEGA America's Ray Almeda misspoke and gave his own personal opinion to The Examiner that Yakuza 3 will not be released in the States because of subpar Yakuza 2 sales.

The Examiner has since run an update, explaining those remarks were not "official SEGA statements." The Examiner adds, "SEGA still hasn't made any mention of an upcoming release or revealed plans to release it stateside."

EDIT: In case someone from Sega is reading this. Earlier on, some gamer site requested US folks to contact Sega regarding Y3 interest. I went there, but your registration mechanism is too cumbersome. I gave up half way.

Played 3 some more, the side missions seem much more frequent than Y2. Today I have been beating up/educating necklace makers who claim there necklace would lead to love and pork importers who claimed high collagen content when all they had was crappy pork. My hostess was also pretty successful and I drank a salaryman under the table. Finally I also found the stray dog so I can continue the story. Kamurocho next!!

Its situations like this i wish the PS3 was hacked. At least then there would be a chance of a fansub mod.

Also, SEGA please stop blamming Y2 poor sales. You released it in the US 2 years after the PS3 was out, what did you think would happen?

At least they didnt make each game a cliffhanger/contionous story like Shenmue.

Its situations like this i wish the PS3 was hacked. At least then there would be a chance of a fansub mod.

Ha ha, wrong target. Sega doesn't want to bring Y3 to US; Sony and other publishers pay for it ? :)

We don't have to take such a drastic measure. They may want to organize something for fans to fund it.

Also, SEGA please stop blamming Y2 poor sales. You released it in the US 2 years after the PS3 was out, what did you think would happen?

Nothing ! :devilish:

Makes me wonder why they dont have a text-mod function built in to these games that they have no intention of localising. Id imagine it would be very easy to implement and they would make a lot more money on the game by getting the fans to localise for them!

If people didn't buy Y2 they won't buy Y3. I thought Y2 was the best game of 2008, but I was the only one it seems like. If the gaming community would like Y3 to be released in the west we would have to start a campaign and buy a lot of Y2 copies, preferable directly from Sega. But people won't put their money where their mouths are.

If people didn't buy Y2 they won't buy Y3. I thought Y2 was the best game of 2008, but I was the only one it seems like. If the gaming community would like Y3 to be released in the west we would have to start a campaign and buy a lot of Y2 copies, preferable directly from Sega. But people won't put their money where their mouths are.

I didnt buy Y2 but sure as hell want to have Y3. Y2 came out at a time when i had no interest in PS2 games, if a game wasnt on the next gen systems i wasnt going to buy it. With the PS3/360 userbase as it is currently i think Y3 would be well recieved as long as it is actually a good game.

Take a few games from this gen that did well, say fallout3 for arguments sake. Id bet that would have flopped had it came out on the ps2 at the same time as Y2 also.

I didnt buy Y2 but sure as hell want to have Y3. Y2 came out at a time when i had no interest in PS2 games, if a game wasnt on the next gen systems i wasnt going to buy it. With the PS3/360 userbase as it is currently i think Y3 would be well recieved as long as it is actually a good game.

Take a few games from this gen that did well, say fallout3 for arguments sake. Id bet that would have flopped had it came out on the ps2 at the same time as Y2 also.

There is virtually zero gameplay difference from Y2 to Y3, and zero market appeal difference either. If you didn't want to buy Y2, which you didn't, you don't want to buy Y3 either. And you are a good representative of the gaming market at large.

BTW, if you want to know how a subtitled Y3 would play, go play Y2. Maybe you'll like it.

There is virtually zero gameplay difference from Y2 to Y3, and zero market appeal difference either. If you didn't want to buy Y2, which you didn't, you don't want to buy Y3 either. And you are a good representative of the gaming market at large.

BTW, if you want to know how a subtitled Y3 would play, go play Y2. Maybe you'll like it.

Erm i said i didnt buy Y2 but i would buy Y3 :D

The market apeal may be the same but the market it would be apealing within is different.

Played some more Y3 today, thought I would finally be getting to Kamurocho but instead I have to go and pick up cool clothes for some idiotic kid. In Y2 at this time I was beating up gangsters in diapers.....

Finally got back to Kamurocho! Had to play hide and seek with the kids first though....Looking forward to trying out the shooting game again...

Back