Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

You know, something I'm starting to see is people referring to the next gen Xbox as Xbox Series. If we look at the naming scheme, that kind of matches with the XBO generation, except instead of getting a base console and then a shrunk console + enthusiast console midgen, we're just skipping the base console and going directly to that midgen dichotomy.

XBOX One
  • XBOX One S
  • XBOX One X
XBOX Series
  • XBOX Series S
  • XBOX Series X
So, I think I might start referring to these consoles as XBS-S and XBS-X.

Also, someone kick MS for coming up with weird names.

Regards,
SB

ses and sex rolls off easiest from the tongue. ss and sx for keyboard but if i were paying shills online I'd always have them type xb ala xb1m13 :LOL: xb to drill xbox into people's subconscious.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...ter-settles-ftc-charges-it-deceived-consumers

I mostly use XBSS and XBSX because it continues lineage with XB1/XB1S/XB1X. I just know MS are going to annoy me by making the subsequent gen the "Xbox One System S/X" though

One thing I realized was that if you abbreviate "Series" with the letter "S", sometimes it could be confused with a 5. So Xbox 5 S & Xbox 5 X. :oops: I've already seen some Twitter polls use this.

Tommy McClain

At least they didnt use the auto market naming, where you have a dozen different models in the same family, like Honda Civic -- Type R, Coupe, SI Coupe, Sedan, SI Sedan, Hatchback; to be combined with trims in various ways LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Si, Turing.
Yet, stop giving them ideas! :D

You know, something I'm starting to see is people referring to the next gen Xbox as Xbox Series. If we look at the naming scheme, that kind of matches with the XBO generation, except instead of getting a base console and then a shrunk console + enthusiast console midgen, we're just skipping the base console and going directly to that midgen dichotomy.

XBOX One
  • XBOX One S
  • XBOX One X
XBOX Series
  • XBOX Series S
  • XBOX Series X
So, I think I might start referring to these consoles as XBS-S and XBS-X.

Also, someone kick MS for coming up with weird names.

Regards,
SB
Eh, the naming convention works well enough as long as they don't change it again. Newer models can keep the Series X|S and just append a number to the end. Series X2, X3, etc.

You want some word in between because Xbox X sounds dumb. Series is a not bad word for it.

Was anyone able to find a page link to the SK Hynix flash module Jeff showed in his Series X video when he opened up the expansion card? I tried typing in the exact info but Google wasn't my friend.

Maybe could try searching some wholesaler websites to see if they list a model like it or close enough, see if they have a PDF that has documentation on the module. Just for some various things that'd be rather interesting to know for sure on that regard/

Eh, the naming convention works well enough as long as they don't change it again. Newer models can keep the Series X|S and just append a number to the end. Series X2, X3, etc.

I can totally see them doing that and still manage to absurdify it by calling the subsequent duo Xbox Series S|X ONE. I'd not even complain at this point. I'd respect their then recognized actual commitment in deliberately terrible naming.

I can totally see them doing that and still manage to absurdify it by calling the subsequent duo Xbox Series S|X ONE. I'd not even complain at this point. I'd respect their then recognized actual commitment in deliberately terrible naming.

I don't think they even bother with anything other than X|S. They'll just be a current version that you buy. It'll maybe be *New* for a little while so they can talk about it having moar powah.

Can anyone explain why it's not necessarily possible to upscale the UI elements with current image upscaling techniques? I was under the impression MS could take that approach for providing something near-native 4K looking for the UI frontend on Series X rather than splurge system resources to a native 4K UI, but in that DF video Rich pretty much says it's not possible.

Are there specific reasons why? Or is it more a case it IS possible but the results wouldn't be good enough or necessarily impressive?

Back