Xbox Scorpio Hardware Prediction Thread [April 2017 Revision]

Can the B3D gestalt accurately predict Scorpio hardware?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU - 8 core jaguar 2.3GHz

GPU - Vega 56 CUs @840MHz or 48 CUs @ 980MHz (decisive I know)

RAM - 12GB 6.7-7gbps 384 bit

HDD - 1TB 5400rpm

Secret sauce - it's actually store bought not home-made

$499

there is no option for 8GB ram. Btw what is the prize for getting it right? Mod for a day? :D
Ran out of poll options.

No prize for anyone getting it right in the poll as its too generic. If the poll is right, it'll prove 'B3D Knows' and the rest of the internet should sit up and pay attention instead of reading MrX type crap everywhere else.

Closest match in the details might win notoriety.

Cpu: Jaguar based 2.333GHz, 4MB L2 (but I don't think zen is impossible, if downclocked)

Gpu: 6TF, mostly Vega but keeping some legacy features

Memory: 12GB GDDR5, 384bits, 336GB/s

HDD: two skus, 1TB and 2TB (2.5", not hybrid)

Secret sauce 1: nand on motherboard 64GB, can cache an entire game

Secret sauce 2: ID buffer, but described differently to make it sound new. Eventually included in all amd gpus. We might see a frame interpolation from MS using this, or something similar which generally helps reusing previous frame data.

Optical drive: optional

Compact enclosure: motherboard very small because of gddr5 and blower fan. Internal power supply.

$399 1TB, no optical
$499 2TB, UHD bluray, elite controller

CPU: 8 Cores, Raven Ridge @ 2.4GHz with custom Microsoft things.
GPU: VEGA, 6.4 TF with custom Microsoft things.
RAM: 12GB GDDR5 + 4GB DDR4 = 16GB TOTAL or 16GB GDDR5.
HD: 500GB / 1TB / 2TB / 500GB SSD
NAND: 8GB eMMC CACHE
USB: 3.1
HDMI: 2.1

PRICE: $399 / $449 / $549

DESIGN: Magnesium Body, less area than Xbox One S, similar design.

CPU: Jaguar at 2.4 GHz not exactly just an over clock, but tweaks to improve the power consumption at higher clocks.
GPU: Polaris based. 48 CU at 1GHz
RAM: 12 GB GDDR5
HDD: 1 TB plus additional 32GB of flash based cache.

There are no reasons to release this a year after the PS4Pro but I'm sure that was your point, right?:)

There are no reasons to release this a year after the PS4Pro but I'm sure that was your point, right?:)

I just think that releasing a year after the pro has more to do with process maturity and cost for a large APU than waiting a year for new tech. Whatever the tech is, it's going to be a bigger APU than the Pro probably by 100mm. It probably wasn't economical to release last year a chip that large.

I flipped a coin on zen. lol
Just wasn't enough information to take it out or keep it in. So I flipped. Hoping I'm right.
If Spencer really wants to get rid of the idea of generations, then you also need to allow the hardware to breathe on its own terms, that means no artificial FPS locks, and no resolution locks. otherwise were really just using the generation model.

I just think that releasing a year after the pro has more to do with process maturity and cost for a large APU than waiting a year for new tech. Whatever the tech is, it's going to be a bigger APU than the Pro probably by 100mm. It probably wasn't economical to release last year a chip that large.
Or they had no plan to release an update whatsoever but were forced by Sony's move and couldn't do it in any less time...

CPU - 8 core Zen 8 thread (light) 2.5GHZ Customized

GPU - Customized Vega 6.4TF

RAM - 8GB GDDR5 / 4 GB DDR4 -not sure if that would work for the bandwidth numbers they announced (320GB/S) but I do think Microsoft will stick with 2 pools of ram to avoid contention.

HDD - 1TB 5400rpm- on board nand flash, the Xbox one has 8GB so possibly 12GB

Secret sauce - Cooling - Super small form factor I think the Surface team will have a big part in making the Scorpio look amazing!

Lol, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

CPU: 4 x Excavator modules (8 cores)
They were only 14.48mm2 per module on 28nm, and now (finally) offer decent performance per watt (the fx-9800p has 2 modules at 2.7ghz base on 15w tdp)

GPU: custom Vega/Polaris variant.

Ram: 12GB Gddr5
For the simply reason that it's hard to get 336GB/s from only a 256bit bus, so likely a 384bit bus and thus 12GB (unless it's only 6GB!! Shockhorror)

I know excavator is unlikely, but I'd love to see it used because it's finally a decent core for the watts it uses.

Lol, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

CPU: 4 x Excavator modules (8 cores)
They were only 14.48mm2 per module on 28nm, and now (finally) offer decent performance per watt (the fx-9800p has 2 modules at 2.7ghz base on 15w tdp)

GPU: custom Vega/Polaris variant.

Ram: 12GB Gddr5
For the simply reason that it's hard to get 336GB/s from only a 256bit bus, so likely a 384bit bus and thus 12GB (unless it's only 6GB!! Shockhorror)

I know excavator is unlikely, but I'd love to see it used because it's finally a decent core for the watts it uses.
Welcome!
yes all good family fun!

CPU - Zen (ish)
GPU - Vega +
Memory - 16 GB GDDR5x (256 bit bus)

Digital only base model - No optical drive $399, $449 with, $499 with 2/4 TB HDD

RAM - 8GB GDDR5 / 4 GB DDR4 -not sure if that would work for the bandwidth numbers they announced (320GB/S) but I do think Microsoft will stick with 2 pools of ram to avoid contention.
I thought devs were in favour of unified memory. Unless you meant 8 GB gaming RAM and 4 GBs OS RAM?

32MB eSRAM for compatibility
4GB HBM for fast access
12GB GDDR5 for larger pool
4GB DDR4 for OS and apps
4GB of flash memory for backgrounded apps
1TB Hybrid SSD with 64GB of solid state cache

Easiest memory setup in the world.

Too bad it's not intel so they can't throw some Optane in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back