Xbox Scorpio Hardware Prediction Thread [April 2017 Revision]

Can the B3D gestalt accurately predict Scorpio hardware?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
14nm Raven Ridge zen APUs are only 4 cores. Going now with Zen would demand discrete CPU. Besides an APU of the size of the rumored 6 tflops Vega plus 8 cores zen would result in inviable yields and thermal problems.

14nm Raven Ridge zen APUs are only 4 cores. Going now with Zen would demand discrete CPU. Besides an APU of the size of the rumored 6 tflops Vega plus 8 cores zen would result in inviable yields and thermal problems.
Discreet with a new high speed interconnect between cpu and gpu.
moved to single apu when it's time for a slim, and big price reduction down to it being the budget console.:runaway:

Late change in my prediction, I think it might be 3072 GCN cores or 48 CUs (4 times X1 makes more sense) at around 950-1000 Mhz, 12 gigs ram and dunno about the CPU.

Late change in my prediction, I think it might be 3072 GCN cores or 48 CUs (4 times X1 makes more sense) at around 950-1000 Mhz, 12 gigs ram and dunno about the CPU.
lol 1 minute to go, them last minute decisions ;)

Who won? I assume Jag cores as no word on being Zen and they'd surely trumpet that. Do we know what the GPU architecture is?

from the video: I didn't get much right haha
  • Double down on Command Processor Customizations from XBO continue to further push the envelope on Execute Indirect / close to full GPU driven draw calls
nailed this hard though

They list customized CPU and GPUs, but I get a feeling they went with very refined Jaguar for CPU and possibly Polaris but with additional features pulled in that were ready.

Jaguar again.
Not even Vega with tiling rendering?.
All the custom things seem api/compiler related.

They list customized CPU and GPUs, but I get a feeling they went with very refined Jaguar for CPU and possibly Polaris but with additional features pulled in that were ready.
PS4 Pro GPU seems to pack more custom parts. Here at least I was waiting to mention tiling rendering or some Vega big improvement...

Quite meh after Phil Spencer claiming they were waiting for disruptive technology advances.

Last edited by a moderator:
from the video: I didn't get much right haha
  • Double down on Command Processor Customizations from XBO continue to further push the envelope on Execute Indirect / close to full GPU driven draw calls
nailed this hard though

You certainly did! I got the die area, CU count and clocks almost right, but didn't think about this rather more un-guessable kind of detail.

Other than clock boost, what else has changed for the CPU ?

Cheers

I picked 12GB, Jag, Polaris, 2.5" drive, but I picked SDD + HDD because I thought it'd be a hybrid drive.

Pretty sure this thing is Polaris/Polaris+. No real mention of vega features.

What was the point of the DF thing?

No games, no price, no box... just specs which most people don't understand? They should have waited until they had more.

No games, no price, no box... just specs which most people don't understand? They should have waited until they had more.
i suppose the games may not be ready? or MS wants to reveal those things for E3. The hardware specs they wanted to get out of the way now through a proper channel and not try to do it on stage. I guess its keeps them in the news for much longer as these hardware specs begin to trickle out for the next 60 days.

DF itself probably isn't understood by most people. Info for consumers is best left to that more publicized event that is targeted towards non-techies, called E3.
:rolleyes:

Complaints about technical info being delivered via internet publication geared towards gamer techies? Who would have thought.o_O

To tell the people who visit DF what they were wanting to know.

No games, no price, no box...
Wouldn't you expect all that stuff to be announced somewhere else rather than a tech site? Like, I dunno, maybe there's some event where the world's gaming press could attend and cover the news in every outlet ever?

As for the results of the poll, B3D was too optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back