Xbox One Launch Titles

I'm thinking of dropping BF4 since it's not truly "next generation".

Watch Dogs and AC4:BF are two other solid looking games that I might pass on in favor of more next-gen titles.

On the other hand these three games will probably be deeper experiences than the launch X1 games, so you never know...

I'm thinking of dropping BF4 since it's not truly "next generation".

Watch Dogs and AC4:BF are two other solid looking games that I might pass on in favor of more next-gen titles.

On the other hand these three games will probably be deeper experiences than the launch X1 games, so you never know...

Honestly, if you're into online shooters, then I wouldn't skip BF4 regardless of how "next gen" it might be. For me, at least, there's no reason to play an average online shooter with better graphics, when you could be playing the game that you know is going to be top of the line with significant re-playability.

Wow lots of people in this thread planning to get DR3 at lunch but no thread about the game in the forum...weird...
Thankfully, Rangers has recently created its corresponding thread.

Dead Rising 3 is a "maybe" for me, since I haven't played the first two games. How they are using Kinect is the deciding factor for me, because they are doing cool things with Kinect.

I will be getting, in no preferential order:

Forza 5
Killer Instinct
Zoo Tycoon
Project Spark
Ryse (depends on the controls thingy)

Most possibly:

BF4 ('cos of the 60fps and the E3 trailer which looked great at that framerate, but it depends on it living up to the hype)
Dead Rising 3

Possibly:

Skylanders Swap Force
Powerstar Golf
Lococycle

Not getting:

Kinect Sports Rivals -I'd love to play it but lack of space makes it impossible for me-

The new sensor is supposed to be usable down to 1 metre distance. Kinect Sports probably requires some jumping about though.

The new sensor is supposed to be usable down to 1 metre distance. Kinect Sports probably requires some jumping about though.
This and the fact that some games might require using your legs to play them properly, like football -I mean what they call soccer-.

I moved the furniture around in my bedroom and I have even less space than before, just better organised for my taste.

A Microsoft representative confirmed the delay to Polygon, saying that the game was pushed back so developer Rare had extra time to polish the title and release Kinect Sports Rivals without compromising the game's quality. The Xbox One game will be playable for the first time at PAX Prime and Gamescom in August.

FYI

I have both systems pre-ordered but no games really interest me.... :cry:

In fact, I think I'm going to just cancel my PS4 pre-order, pick it up 1-2 years down the road. If it weren't for Kinect being able to voice control my entire system setup, I'd probably wait on that one too. Still lots of PS3/360 games to play.

Read more at http://www.3news.co.nz/Microsoft-re...tles/tabid/418/articleID/309743/Default.aspx?

Microsoft released a list of 50 launch titles for the Xbox One.

They also boasted that 38 per cent of titles are exclusive to Xbox One, and 44% of titles will include either exclusive or timed content for Xbox One.

Some of the few exclusives previously announced at E3 include Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, Forza Motorsport 5, Sunset Overdrive D4, etc.

Full list.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Below (Capy Games, Microsoft Studios)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
D4 (Access Games, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft Studios)
Destiny (Bungie, Activision)
Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved (Harmonix, Disney Interactive)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (BioWare, Electronic Arts)
Dying Light (Techland, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
EA SPORTS UFC (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
FIFA 14 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, Square Enix)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Halo Xbox One (343 Industries, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
Kinect Sports Rivals (Rare, Microsoft Studios)
Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix 1st Production Department, Square Enix)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
LocoCycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Mad Max (Avalanche Studios, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Madden NFL 25 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Kojima Productions, Konami)
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (Mojang Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Mirror's Edge 2 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA SPORTS, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PopCap Games, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Project Spark (Microsoft Studios)
Quantum Break (Remedy, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Star Wars Battlefront (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games, Microsoft Studios)
The Crew (Ivory Towers, Ubisoft)
The Elder Scrolls Online (ZeniMax Online Studios, Bethesda Softworks)
The Evil Within (Tango Gameworks, Bethesda Softworks)
The LEGO Movie Videogame (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – North America)
Thief (Eidos Montreal, Square Enix)
Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment, Electronic Arts)*
Tom Clancy's The Division (Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (MachineGames, Bethesda Softworks)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

EDIT:

Ahead of their Gamescon event tomorrow morning, Microsoft also released a new sizzle trailer with the motto "The Best Games Are on Xbox One".

Last edited by a moderator:
Destiny release date is 2014, is XBone launching in 2014???? Either that or MS is back with its lies like always. MGS V doesn't have a release date yet and Kojima said the assets will be improved for next gen versions , so I don't see it as a release title either, unles XBone is launching way late.
Same for Witcher3, it launches in 2014. What lind of list is that?

It's probably the nebulous "launch window." All of those available on launch day would be too much and a bad idea as there wouldn't be enough console buyers for them all to sell well. Better to roll them out over a few months.

Destiny release date is 2014, is XBone launching in 2014???? Either that or MS is back with its lies like always. MGS V doesn't have a release date yet and Kojima said the assets will be improved for next gen versions , so I don't see it as a release title either, unles XBone is launching way late.
Same for Witcher3, it launches in 2014. What lind of list is that?

It's a list of "year one" titles. Launch year, in other words. And likely not an exhaustive list as there may still be unannounced titles as MS will be updating the list as times goes by. The author of that piece just got confused.

I only see one dance and one fitness title in there. I'm going to bet there are definitely going to be more of those in the first year.

Regards,
SB

Does anybody know a reason why Batman Arkham Origins isn't announced for the XBone/PS4 if there's even a Windows version?

It's a list of "year one" titles. Launch year, in other words. And likely not an exhaustive list as there may still be unannounced titles as MS will be updating the list as times goes by. The author of that piece just got confused.

I only see one dance and one fitness title in there. I'm going to bet there are definitely going to be more of those in the first year.

Regards,
SB

If we go that way the list can go into 150 games, I am sure.

Maybe its someone else's mistake, but the list is wrong for launch titles.

I'm missing where they say that. could you point it out?

What the title of the list say? Xbox exclusives won more than 100 e3 awards, then they list the titles.

Our exclusive games won more than 100 awards at E3, twice as many as our closest competitor.

then they list those exclusives, which innocently also includes Destiny, BF4, WD and a TV series called HALO.

I can see where this discussion will go....please spare me. Anyone who visits that page sees them as exclusive games which won awards, and one of them isn't even a game.

Nothing new, just misleading marketing. Unethical, maybe not punishable.

Back