Xbox One Launch Titles

Do we have a launch date yet? Ryse trailer says "Coming in November".

November has been official for a while now. Just not the date in November.

I just wish Titanfall was hitting launch, sigh.

Biggest games rarely launch in Spring so I smell delays on that one anyway. They might as well delay it until fall 14 and I fully expect they will later on. Missing launch by a little bit is pretty much the worst possible time to launch.

MS just needs Tittanfall to sell X1s in holiday 2014. After that, they probably don't care about exclusivity and EA will want to milk the PS4 version. Holiday 2015 will be about Halo.

Expect it won't be exclusive for long and Gears of War was graphically in a another tier compared to other games for some time. Titanfall does seem to have strong gameplay though.

Well, it isn't even exclusive as I am aware of!? It releases at PC as well, right? Judging from the graphics...you don't even need a monster rig to play Titanfall.

I will probably buy as many games for PC as possible, as there is (likely) no online gaming pay wall as for the ng consoles.

Well, it isn't even exclusive as I am aware of!? It releases at PC as well, right? Judging from the graphics...you don't even need a monster rig to play Titanfall.

I will probably buy as many games for PC as possible, as there is (likely) no online gaming pay wall as for the ng consoles.

It's reportedly a 1 year console exclusive for xbox. Xbox 1, PC and 360 when it launches.

Probably no pay wall for online gaming on PC, but if you're already paying for live for something else it really isn't an advantage. Personally I'd rather play MP online games on console because you don't have to tolerate nearly as many hacks and cheats.

Loved Kameo to and keep meaning to go back and replay it. I don't think I ever finished it though, so maybe a good time to start from the beginning.

Moving to Florida soon, so maybe after the move.

I think it set a high bar for some things to be a launch title, it had so many enemies on screen along with mid to moderate particle effects and the first DLC brought the co-op play and additional score attack modes. I believe near launch I called Kameo and Condemned the "best games no one is playing" but hell if Condemned could get a sequel Kameo definitely deserved one. It certainly looks like a good handful of assets made their way into Project Spark so I'm just going to build my own Kameo 2.

I think it set a high bar for some things to be a launch title, it had so many enemies on screen along with mid to moderate particle effects and the first DLC brought the co-op play and additional score attack modes. I believe near launch I called Kameo and Condemned the "best games no one is playing" but hell if Condemned could get a sequel Kameo definitely deserved one. It certainly looks like a good handful of assets made their way into Project Spark so I'm just going to build my own Kameo 2.

Cool.

I may download it if I pick up the X1.

Yeah. Titanfall is the new Gears of War for Xbox One as far as the line-up is concerned.

I already had the same feeling! Something about it.

And my gaming buddy, I basically got him into Xbox over Gears (cause he loved playing it on my Xbox it so much) and he still is to this day. There's no Gears coming for X1 right now but to me I can envision us being all over Titanfall instead.

I already had the same feeling! Something about it.

And my gaming buddy, I basically got him into Xbox over Gears (cause he loved playing it on my Xbox it so much) and he still is to this day. There's no Gears coming for X1 right now but to me I can envision us being all over Titanfall instead.

Gears will come eventually, won't it ? Who owns the IP, Epic or MS? I would love to see what direction their art takes next.

Me too almost bought an X360 for Gears and Bioshock but came back with the PC version in my hand instead, thanks to RROD fears and the particular shop owner who somehow was being harassed by MS when he took RROD 360s to them.

Also went to Gears 2 launch party and spent half of the night there playing co op with gamers I had met only in forums :D !

I find Gears gameplay very repetitive, somehow, but definitely want to see a next gen Gears ! Hope James Hawkins does the Art again !

pretty sure Mark Rein said they can make Gears for any platform, just that MS always give them a good "reason" to keep it exclusive for 360. The question was asked many times.

What does that mean?

Microsoft probably has contractual rights in place towards the next Gears of War game. If MS chooses to say no (not wanting it - which would be stupid :LOL:), then Epic has the right to publish GOW to whomever and/or any other platform.

It's quite funny we haven't heard anything about the next GOW game from MS or Epic... unless I missed something. :???:

It's quite funny we haven't heard anything about the next GOW game from MS or Epic... unless I missed something. :???:

It's only funny if you're a fanboy.

MS is strategically trickling game titles out, still keeping some block busters under wraps. You don't want to flood the market with a bunch of games that won't be released soon and not have anything to show until more than a year later when everyone's forgotten about the initial announcement. Also having some big name titles saved for later allows you to counter announcements from your competitors. MS has plenty of games for launch already. This is not to say there is/isn't a GOW under wraps, it is to say there is nothing funny about it....;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the last gears of war game was a relative bomb, selling just over 1million, thus I dont think releasing a gears of war 5 soon would be a good idea.
give it a couple of years perhaps then will peoples interest be higher or perhaps like a lot of franchises in the past eg check the ps2 for franchises that have lost their pulling power, people are just over it.

Are you talking about GOW 3 or that multiplayer addon?

Anyway I think a game based on the Infiltrator or Samaritan universe would garner more interest than a new GOW running on UE4.

No, he's talking about the last Gears of War game -- Gears of War: Judgement. It is not GOW3 nor is it a multiplayer addon. It is a full stand alone game.

Ah thanks didn't know it was a full standalone game. I played the demo it looked awesome. Would be cool is Epic and MS are secretly working on Infiltrator or Samaritan game...

When Gears launched, it was a fairly stand-out gritty sci-fi shooter with a rather novel cover mechanic. Now sci-fi shooters are ten a penny, it's just one of a crowd that doesn't have an obvious USP (I don't think the story is enough of a draw for most gamers with this IP). A sequel will probably need to reinvent the brand, but one has to question the value of reusing a brand name that consumers have shown they are tired of. I suppose a next-gen Gears shooter would have some immediate recognition and a comfortable ~million sales to ensure it breaks even, whereas a new IP might fail to gain interest entirely and bomb. But I'd be more inclined to try something new and look for a new hook if I were MS, preferably something that utilises the unique features of the system.

Back