Xbox One Launch Titles

When Gears launched, it was a fairly stand-out gritty sci-fi shooter with a rather novel cover mechanic. Now sci-fi shooters are ten a penny, it's just one of a crowd that doesn't have an obvious USP (I don't think the story is enough of a draw for most gamers with this IP). A sequel will probably need to reinvent the brand, but one has to question the value of reusing a brand name that consumers have shown they are tired of. I suppose a next-gen Gears shooter would have some immediate recognition and a comfortable ~million sales to ensure it breaks even, whereas a new IP might fail to gain interest entirely and bomb. But I'd be more inclined to try something new and look for a new hook if I were MS, preferably something that utilises the unique features of the system.

Along those lines, if I were MS and Titanfall has a Gears of War level of success on the platform, I'd throw a lot of money at Respawn and EA in an attempt to keep it platform specific.

Out of all the new IP being shown, it has the greatest chance to replicate the success of Gears, IMO.

But if it has COD levels of success, then that might be virtually impossible.

Regards,
SB

MS would just need it as a timed exclusive for awhile .

Titan fall is supposed to be a 1 year timed exclusive. If titan fall 2 is the same or even 6 months it be good enough.

Neogaf's own cboat . Dunno how true it is.

Doesn't seem plausible to me. 1 year is too long to bring it to another platform while losing all the marketing hype. They are already on PC, so it isn't really that MS has paid them in truckloads to stay exclusive. Neither is MS their publisher. They are with EA and EA titles don't really go exclusive, and frankly speaking, why would they anyway? 6 months seems more like it. Just an opinion , though.

I'm starting to get pretty excited. This is seriously the best launch line-up in the history of console gaming.

Two AAA FPS shooters - CoD:G and BF4.
Action/RPG/Open World - DR3, Watch Dogs and AC4
Fighting - Killer Instinct
AAA Racer - Forza 5

All the sports gaming is covered as well. Ryse is a question mark, but might turn out awesome too.

Even LEGO:Marvel looks fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get pretty excited. This is seriously the best launch line-up in the history of console gaming.

Two AAA FPS shooters - CoD:G and BF4.
Action/RPG/Open World - DR3, Watch Dogs and AC4
Fighting - Killer Instinct
AAA Racer - Forza 5

All the sports gaming is covered as well. Ryse is a question mark, but might turn out awesome too.

Even LEGO:Marvel looks fantastic.

Watch Dogs is a launch game? Are there any trailers of it running on XB1?

im definitely getting Ryse, KI and one other game... if WD is coming then thats it!

Other than the exclusives, the games' performances are very dodgy at this launch. We still don't know for sure how AC4, WD and BF4 will look and run on these new consoles.

I will stick with exclusives and wait for impressions before getting any 3rd party game on these new consoles. Devs have been very elusive about real footages with 3rd party games.

Watch Dogs is a launch game? Are there any trailers of it running on XB1?

im definitely getting Ryse, KI and one other game... if WD is coming then thats it!

Have we seen any EA/Ubi game truly running on X1? Only Titanfall? Plenty of trailers with PC prompts, so I just find this all a bit odd. Especially on the EA/MS side of the table.

I think Titanfall will have the COD level success.

I want this too but that's a TALL order! COD games now easily sells 10m on 360/ps3 so with smaller customer base i have my doubts. COD on x1 will likely sell more but I do think it'll be one of the best selling games for x1 in 2014.

I've reconfigured a little and my current launch choices are:

Forza 5 (digital)
Dead Rising 3 (digital)
Killer Instinct (digital)
Ryse (digital if it's amazing, and physical if it's just a graphics showpiece that I'll trade in)
LEGO: Marvel (digital)

Also, my son is going to get BF4 on disc so that he can trade it in later, since there's always another AAA FPS game around the corner.

I've reconfigured a little and my current launch choices are:

Forza 5 (digital)
Dead Rising 3 (digital)
Killer Instinct (digital)
Ryse (digital if it's amazing, and physical if it's just a graphics showpiece that I'll trade in)
LEGO: Marvel (digital)

Also, my son is going to get BF4 on disc so that he can trade it in later, since there's always another AAA FPS game around the corner.

right now im looking at

RYSE
KI
and that Xbox Fitness...

The Xbox Fitness pack by itself is worth more than the cost of the Xbox One and a year of Live Gold...

right now im looking at

RYSE
KI
and that Xbox Fitness...

The Xbox Fitness pack by itself is worth more than the cost of the Xbox One and a year of Live Gold...

IF you like fighters get injustice and killer instinct , both are a lot of fun.

Back