Xbox One Launch Titles

Xbox One - Day One

I usually only pick 3 games at launch and right now I'm planning to go with (in order of certainty):

Forza 5
Battlefield 4
Dead Rising 3

Ryse has a chance of squeaking through, but I'm betting the gameplay won't live up the visuals.

What is everyone else interested in?

Last edited by a moderator:
DR3, Titanfall, all looked great.

Dont care for racers, would never buy a Forza.

Titanfall probably my #1. Something about it really grabs me.

BF4 yeah too.

Titanfall is Q1 2014 I guess (technically, sure it will be delayed 47 times), but I'm stretching the topic definition :p

Basically Titanfall and KI are my standouts. Ryse 3rd maybe. I do have to wonder how the heck they can actually make a fun game out of Ryse though. Seems ripe for jank gameplay city.

there is nothing really official but

I think forza , Kinect sports , dead rising , killer instinct will all be there launch day prob also call of duty ghosts and maybe battlefield

Dead rising
Killer instinct
Plus any role play game around on release day plus one multi player game just to see if dedicated serves improve online play :)

Dont know how accurate this is, but what a loaded launch!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

Battlefield 4 DICE Wiki
Call of Duty: Ghosts Infinity Ward Wiki
Dead Rising 3 Capcom Wiki
FIFA 14 EA Sports Wiki
Forza Motorsport 5 Turn 10 Wiki
LocoCycle Twisted Pixel Wiki
Madden NFL 25 EA Sports Wiki
NBA Live 14 EA Sports Wiki
Killer Instinct Double Helix Wiki
Kinect Sports Rivals Rare Wiki
Ryse: Son of Rome Crytek Wiki
Skylanders: Swap Force Vicarious Visions Wiki
Watch Dogs Ubisoft Montreal Wiki

Hell of a far cry from the dry X360 launch I well recall, where I was forced to pick up Perfect Dark Zero cause, what else? :p

If I was a youngster picking up Xbo this time around, I'd likely grab BF4 instead of PDZ. Pretty huge upgrade in launch shooters I'd say.

Anyone know if Crimson Dragon is at launch or not? Project Spark is also promised to be a launch window game and devs said they will try for launch. If those two hit launch, we'd have:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
LocoCycle
Crimson Dragon
Project Spark
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
RYSE: Son of Rome

...8 titles from Microsoft as a publisher for launch. That's pretty damn good for a first party. LocoCycle is the only one I'm not remotely interested in picking up. Add to that BF4, maybe CoD, and definitely watch_dogs. Need to exploit the hell outta the game sharing stuff on X1. :p

I am moving by the time the console launches so I am not so sure if I am going to pre-order it before I do, but if I pre-order it you shouldn't be surprised. I am too tempted and excited about the Xbox One and the new generation as a whole.

Ryse
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3

Maybe a couple of extra games aside from those, not 100% sure yet at the moment.

Btw, I've heard Project Spark and Killer Instinct are both F2P.

The base experience will be f2p, you'll have to pay for the full games. KI gives you one character for example. I'm not really sure what limits project spark will have.

The base experience will be f2p, you'll have to pay for the full games. KI gives you one character for example. I'm not really sure what limits project spark will have.

for ki at least i think you can buy other chars as microtransactions, or you can buy the full game for a set price as normal.

as long as i have the second option i'm good.

i have a hunch it may work well for them, *everybody* will download this and try it out on launch day since it's free anyway.

i guess it's not too much different than a demo. except i guess, maybe more content in some respects (eg only one char, but that char can play through the full game)

I'm warming up to Ryse now. Hopefully reviewers will have positive things to say about it at Gamescom.

If so then I think I will be forced to get:

Battlefield 4
Forza 5
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
Kinect Sports Rivals

Another for Dead Rising 3. I hope they can squeeze slit-screen co-op into this one.

Kinect Sports to see more of what's up with the new sensor.

Project Spark whenever it arrives.

BF4, Dead Rising 3 and maybe Kinect Sports Rivals. I wasn't really excited about the sports they picked for Rivals, but if it looks really cool, or has planned DLC, then I'll buy it.

I'm seriously trying to limit the number of games I buy.

Back