Xbox & Bethesda Games E3 2021 Showcase

Not a bad showcase. Had a little bit of everything.

Only questions I have are: what are the 3 games not coming to GamePass? Of those coming how many are day & date? And lastly was there any nextgen exclusives?

Tommy McClain

Hey, Bethesda actually had a show that wasn't boring AF and cringeworthy. :D

Yeah, they most recent highlight was 2015 where they spent around 40 minutes just on Fallout 4. I hope they do the same next year for Starfield.

Only questions I have are: what are the 3 games not coming to GamePass? Of those coming how many are day & date? And lastly was there any nextgen exclusives?

I wasn't paying close attention but I assume Far Cry 6 and Battlefield 2042 are two of them.

Diablo 2 ReMaster, BattleField 2042, FarCry 6. Not on GamePass (yet).

I think the rest are all Day One Game Pass.

That is some fantastic pixel art, animations, and lighting for Replaced. I'm digging it. I want it!

Regards,
SB
This is the game that impressed me the most, in the sense that it was instantly a must play!
Lot's of pre-rendered footage from games I'm very interested in, like Starfield and Stalker 2, but you can't have it all... :p
Overall not bad!

Diablo 2 ReMaster, BattleField 2042, FarCry 6. Not on GamePass (yet).

I think the rest are all Day One Game Pass.
Which is kinda weird. EA and Ubisoft love their grinds and microtransactions so getting a lot more players into the titles is very important.

A preview of what's to come to GamePass from the E3 show:

XGPCalendar_Inline.jpg

Details at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/13/xbox-and-bethesda-games-showcase-recap/

June 17th there is another Xbox conference, this one focused on developer interviews. So they split their conference in half. Normally at E3, the developer interviews are part of the regular show.

Just heard that Ninja Theory (among others) might be talking about their game at that show.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Best Xbox conference I've ever watched in the last 8 years.

Halo Infinite has been lifted to finally meet a standard I think peopel will enjoy, lookinng forward to all of this here.
FH5 looks great.
Plagues Tale Requiem topped charts for me, without gamepass I wouldn't know how good this is. Hint - it's incredible go play it. Sleeper hit title for me last year.
AOE4 looks great.
SoT Jack Sparrow was honestly a mind blowing for me, I didn't expect to see that type of cross over; I can imagine a lot of SoT players being very happy with this.
TopGun FS cross over was also pretty cool, smaller audience though here.

So many indie titles I'm ready to check out, great indie showing here. Replaced! Wutt! And SOMERVILLE. WUUUT so good! Hades! finally!
Starfield not enough was shown for me, RedFall also just CGI. Still excited to learn more on these fronts.
D2 and Battlefield looking incredible

Looks like Game Pass was the big winner here. A lot of titles Day One game pass.

Incredible show, first time I feel MS took advantage of being the only proper E3 show in town.

Last edited:
The nice thing about gamepass in this E3 this time was it didn't feel like a bad infomercial, like that one year.

And quality of games entering and regularly into gp really ups the already crazy value.
The 4K trailers are up

Is FH5 release on game pass on PC same time as XSX? Or is it too early to know?

Liked it quite a bit.

There's no way I need anything except GamePass after seeing the lineup.

For 2021, I'm most excited for:

Sea of Thieves APL
The Ascent
Flight Sim
Twelve Minutes
Psychonauts 2
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite
Shredders

Those 8 will keep me busy :)

Back