WTH people!? (reputation)

I had 10 negative but then once I annoucned that I love cheese I got another 20 positive .

The sony trolls don't like me

I understand the green ones and the red ones. . .but what are the blue/gray ones?

london-boy said:
HAHA did anyone try to sort the member list by reputation and go to the last page? :LOL: :LOL:

Guess who's the last one! And the second last!

HINT:

PC-Engine Senior Member [has a little shameless behavious in the past]

Sage Senior Member [can only hope to improve]

woohoo!!! at least I'm number one at SOMETHING (take that, Kruno!)

Sage said:
boooo! you get bad rep for not listening! how many times i have posted i DIDNT give her any money!
No, you didn't...

DAMN! HE REALLY GAVE ME A BAD REP POINT!

DAMN!

...You crossed the Rubicon, Sage. You went way too far...

Screwing other people's wife is one thing... Pay the chick $500 for that is another thing.... Screwing other people's pets, is also another (disgusting) thing... But give a bad rep point Vysez, the Nobel Price of pimp smoothing since 1901, that's... That's CRIMINAL.

Folks, give Sage what he craves for: A lot of it... And no, I'm not talking about married women whoring out for 500 bucks. No, I'm talking about BAD POINT JAMBOREE FOR THE SAGE!

Fire away my friends let's make him cry. Make him whine. Make him beg for mercy. Make him give you $500 to not give him bad rep point... And give him anyway.

Judgement Day have arrive. Sage has been a sinner. Armageddon - Micheal Bay + Bad points = Great Justice!

Vysez said:
No, you didn't...

DAMN! HE REALLY GAVE ME A BAD REP POINT!

DAMN!

...You crossed the Rubicon, Sage. You went way too far...

Screwing other people's wife is one thing... Pay the chick $500 for that is another thing.... Screwing other people's pets, is also another (disgusting) thing... But give a bad rep point Vysez, the Nobel Price of pimp smoothing since 1901, that's... That's CRIMINAL.

Folks, give Sage what he craves for: A lot of it... And no, I'm not talking about married women whoring out for 500 bucks. No, I'm talking about BAD POINT JAMBOREE FOR THE SAGE!

Fire away my friends let's make him cry. Make him whine. Make him beg for mercy. Make him give you $500 to not give him bad rep point... And give him anyway.

Judgement Day have arrive. Sage has been a sinner. Armageddon - Micheal Bay + Bad points = Great Justice!

Just ban him alrady!! You've got superpowers, right? RocketBan him to oblivion!!:devilish:

(I AM joking. No i'm not. Yes i am)

Vysez said:
What if that's what he wants? You might be giving him exactly what he wants.

Oh wait, we already are. ;)

Is there any way to see other people's reputation points? Seems a bit pointless otherwise.

Vysez said:
Screwing other people's wife is one thing... Pay the chick $500 for that is another thing....

folks, please notice that despite giving him negative rep and in the comments putting exactly why, AND a post about it... he STILL hasn't figured out that I DIDNT GIVE HER $500!

Humus said:
Is there any way to see other people's reputation points? Seems a bit pointless otherwise.

Well, I can see that you're on a distinguished road. But it makes sense to me that the macro is public viewable and the micro is only personal viewable. One guesses that the point of the micro is to actually give some feedback that can help someone improve, rather than turn it into a pissing contest that public micro (like this thread) engenders.

Seriously: Do people really need bars of small red and green dots to tell them whether another member's posts are worth reading or not?

When did independent thought go so drastically out of style?

Zaphod said:
Seriously: Do people really need bars of small red and green dots to tell them whether another member's posts are worth reading or not?

Well... where's all the fun there?! :p

Zaphod said:
It started sometime in 2000, but by the 2004 election it was going full bore for sure.
yep.gif

london-boy said:
Well... where's all the fun there?! :p
*Cough* Posts: 14,391 *Cough* You seemed to be doing just fine before... :devilish:

Genuine quality of posting is always the last thing to be reflected in the 'reputation' system. Threads like this one, along with personal relationships that bares little relation to the rest of the boards seems to be the driving forces behind who rise to the top of the 'reputation ladder'. If it's just another element of noise that in addition, as exemplified by this thread, causes even more noise, then what's the point?

digitalwanderer said:
It started sometime in 2000, but by the 2004 election it was going full bore for sure.
You're right. Those dots are way too inconspicuous. How about a feature length documentary about the evil board-posting ways of Sage, that'll show 'em...

Wow people are already red ?

Btw how do u see what number you are ? I only see my latest rep points . DOn't see how many of each i have

Zaphod said:

Maybe the mods enjoy having an independant objective barometer to point at in making banning decisions for chronic misbehavior (as opposed to the more obvious eruption cases).

geo said:
Maybe the mods enjoy having an independant objective barometer to point at in making banning decisions for chronic misbehavior (as opposed to the more obvious eruption cases).
Objective? Surely you jest. Camp warfare, tit for tat, mee too-ing, camaraderie, in-jokes, and personal animosities are way more likely.

jvd said:
Btw how do u see what number you are ? I only see my latest rep points . DOn't see how many of each i have
Click on the reputation scale-icon-thingy on one of your own posts and it will tell you if you have any comments on that post of yours and how many total rep points ya got.

Back