Wolfenstein: The New Order

wolfenstein_theoldblovaju1.png

All I can think of when looking at that is. OMG, Stop staring at your hand and your torch! There's Zombies coming and a much more interesting burning tree. WHY ARE YOU STARING AT YOUR TORCH AND HAND?

Translation - DOF in games suck. And this is a prime example of DOF done really really badly. I'm sure it's implemented well technically, but it has absolutely no relevance to where I'm actually trying to look and what I'm actually trying to focus on. And if it's trying to show the character POV, then not only is the character an idiot for ignoring the Zombies and the burning tree, but it completely wrecks any sort of immersion the player would have (unless the player is also an idiot that would rather look at his hand and torch rather than the Zombies that pose a threat to his life).

Regards,
SB

I think the scene was handled well ingame. Zombie curse happened few minutes back and this was BJ's first look at the ruined village.

If there weren't any zombies in any games or movies for the next 10 years, it would be too short.

Back