The challenges, rewards, and realities of a two tier console launch

Assuming xsx price is $499 with specs in eurogamer and windowscentral. If Lockhart has 4TF 12GB and other things are the same with xsx, how cheap can it be sold?

Assuming xsx price is $499 with specs in eurogamer and windowscentral. If Lockhart has 4TF 12GB and other things are the same with xsx, how cheap can it be sold?

My guess is that it would be aiming for the 199-299 USD price bracket with support for 1080p instead of 4k/8k.

If that GPU and likely memory amount, is the only significant difference then a reduction to 1080p (possibly with some lower IQ settings) should make it relatively trivial to run games that run at 4k on Anaconda.

I know some speculate that it could be a streaming only machine, I doubt MS would take a risk on a streaming only machine as I really don't see a market for a streaming only home console. Streaming games only really makes sense, IMO, on mobile devices.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
My guess is that it would be aiming for the 199-299 USD price bracket with support for 1080p instead of 4k/8k.

If that GPU and likely memory amount, is the only significant difference then a reduction to 1080p (possibly with some lower IQ settings) should make it relatively trivial to run games that run at 4k on Anaconda.

I know some speculate that it could be a streaming only machine, I doubt MS would take a risk on a streaming only machine as I really don't see a market for a streaming only home console. Streaming games only really makes sense, IMO, on mobile devices.

Regards,
SB
You were right [emoji1]

Back