Wife and I just got a new car

Sxotty

Legend
Anyway we have been wanting a newer car than our '85 corolla and I guess you can imagine why. Originally I was thinking to just buy some little corolla'esque (cheap and good mileage) car from 96 or so, but my wife and I decided to get something we would like better. Anyway the pics are from our test drive and we just took them to be sure that nothing was changed after we did the test drive. And we got it from a private indidual the parking lot just happened to be a handy place to look over the engine and everything to make sure it was in order.

IMAGES removed

If you are wondering we were checking the VIN# at the time of the photo :p Anyway we have it now it s a subaru wrx with 15,000 miles and we are happy with it. I realize the pics are unflattering for the car and us but those are all I have at the moment.

The worse part about our car is that it has so much vroom. The previous owner's father in law raced rally cars and they were modifiying this one to race but the owner had a job transfer to france and left this here of necessity. Anyway it is insanely fun to drive just tempting to get tickets you know :) . Anyway once it is all worked out and we have the title back from the DMV, and it cleaned up and so forth I will post some better pics. Anyway we are proud of it after driving some really old halfway broken down car it is refreshing.

In any case I hope both of our cars hold up well, that was my only worry that subby's have less than stelar records of maintanance at least compared to toyotas.

Yeah it is all wheel drive, I think all sub's are. Also it is not shiftable, the old outbacks could be shifted in and out of AWD but they sometimes got stuck in one or the other (some sort of defect). The AWD though makes it stick to the road like crazy, and if we go somewhere to get a phD where it snows then we will already have an AWD car.

Anyway I am off for some time to got Mtn. biking and other things...

I suggest photochopping your license plate, not saying don't trust the board members, more the internet.

I got side-tracked while lookingat new cars & drove a WRX back-to-back against an EVO VIII. The WRX is now a very well worked out package. Stock performance & dynamics are extremely good. Only the slight turbo lag & light torque at low RPMs is a slight nuisance, but you get used to it. You'll certainly enjoy your purchase.

Saem said:
I suggest photochopping your license plate, not saying don't trust the board members, more the internet.
true. i would definetly take that plate info out. Too many shady characters around.

epic

epic, you should test one - just for fun. It's a highly enjoyable driving machine, especially the AMG version ;)

_xxx_ said:
epic, you should test one - just for fun. It's a highly enjoyable driving machine, especially the AMG version ;)
hehe. yeah i plan on. For some strange reason i really like passats, and their beefed up sedan sure can haul ass too.

we plan on buy another family car, my dad wanted a fancy merc, but i convinced him its time to go with the lexus hybrid instead.

epic

Well, I wouldn't buy a Merc or a BMW for 90k that's for sure. There are much better values out there but it ultimately depends on what you're looking for.

The WRX cannot match an Evo VIII in terms of handling or pefromance. Ride comfort and looks are subjective, but the WRX owns the Evo in my book. The STi is very nice.

Sage, the SLK350 is an interesting car to lookat but it does seem a bit overpriced for what it is. You'd be better of getting a Lexus or something else.

Well thanks for that suggestion, for now I will just kill the links till I can photochop it. I never really thought of that...

Sonic said:
Sage, the SLK350 is an interesting car to lookat but it does seem a bit overpriced for what it is. You'd be better of getting a Lexus or something else.

an american-built car!? you've got top be nuts! why would anyone choose an american over a German car if they can afford either?

....here's to hoping I don't loose my job today :!:

Back