Who's buying Star Wars tomorrow?

CMAN

Regular
I certainly am. I'm debating whether I want to go buy it before school or wait until after school.

CMAN said:
I certainly am. I'm debating whether I want to go buy it before school or wait until after school.

You plan on watching it during school? :D

I have no intention of buying it at all.

Buy it, I must. Talk this way, I know not why.

I have the rest on DVD. Hell, if I bought Phantom Menace then I have no excuse for not buying RotS.

I will not buy any Star War collection until they put back the original scene where Solo shoots firt! /pissed

epic

epicstruggle said:
I will not buy any Star War collection until they put back the original scene where Solo shoots firt! /pissed

Not gonna happen. Lucas considers the updated versions as canon, the f'n hack.

I'm going to wait for the Super Duper 6 Disk (for eatch movie) HD-DVD or Blu-Ray - 7.1 Channel THX Certified Dolby Digital - Blow your ass up - version.

BlueTsunami said:
I'm going to wait for the Super Duper 6 Disk (for eatch movie) HD-DVD or Blu-Ray - 7.1 Channel THX Certified Dolby Digital - Blow your ass up - version.

I need an HDTV and a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray disk for that, so I'll have to settle with crappy old DVD. I wish Lucas would release an uber geek edition though (like LOTR).

epicstruggle said:

epic

Just close your eyes at that moment and imagine all those good things in your mind! :p

BlueTsunami said:
This will certainly happen and I will probably buy it. However, I am so very saddened by the fact that kids growing up today will probably never see the original version, the way it was meant to be. I don't think you can argue against this because when something takes on a life of its own, like Star Wars has, it grows into something beyond the actual movie, but that film is canon. Sure, you can say it's better or that the director originally wanted something else, but were forced to make compromises and even committed errors. However, just like with people we love, we take the good with the bad and "artificially" trying to "cosmetically" correct something just makes it seem awkward and false.

I really (really really) hope that future formats will use the extra space of the discs to include both (or more) versions of the film instead of more "making of" footage. It's fine to enjoy the revisions, but I would really appreciate a complete set that really is complete. This can "easily" be done by using "angles" and a main menu where you can choose "Original Theatrical Version" or "Remastered/Revised version <year>". The one thing I am undecided on is if the "original" sound should be retained or if all versions should have the new improved digital surround. "Hmmm..." - Yoda

Oh, and of course I will have to buy the DVD of RotS when it is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it since saturday 29th. The video and audio quality is A-MA-ZING. Probably the best of all my dvd collection.

I'll wait for the box set to add to my other box set of the first three movies - but I'll probably wait till it gets cheap. There is so much wrong with these last three movies that I'm not that fussed, I'm really just getting them for completeness.

Anyone think Lucas is going to try and screw us over again by releasing extended director's cuts in a box set in a few months?

Bought mine this morning. Got it at walmart, because it comes with an extra dvd. There are specials all over the place.

linthat22 said:
Bought mine this morning. Got it at walmart, because it comes with an extra dvd. There are specials all over the place.

How is the extra dvd? I saw they were selling the bundle for $20, but I didn't know what was in the extra one. Is it worth the extra $5?

Isn't the SW3:RoTS only sold as a two disk edition??
At least here in EU (and it won't be released until 9th by the way... grrrr).
What's the extra extra disc you're getting??

rabidrabbit said:
What's the extra extra disc you're getting??

Making of, trailers, documentaries on production... They contain all the same stuff as the bonus disks for the other prequels (except the content focuses on that particular movie of course).

Alstrong said:
Making of, trailers, documentaries on production... They contain all the same stuff as the bonus disks for the other prequels (except the content focuses on that particular movie of course).

Walmart is packaging a 2nd DVD box in addition to the 2 DVDs in the normal addition. I ended up purchasing it from Target since it was on my way to school. And I got a Star Wars coin. (Totally worthless, oh well...)

Back