Where did JVD go?

Crotchety

That is a new term for me:

"The duke had crotchets in him. He would be drunk too; that let me inform you"

I thought it had something to do with knitting needles for a moment.

The sad fact about charges of bias is that 99%* of the human race considers, for any question whatsoever, that the precise center of all that is reasonable and good exists exactly under their own tailbone. And then judge everyone else's "bias" from that perspective.

"Look at that fellow waaaaaaay over there! My god he's biased!" Well, at least one of you are, but it may not be him. :LOL: Tho possibly both of you are, but without an independant frame of reference there's no saying which of you is more biased.

*whereas the other 1% have come to realize the sublime truth that the precise center of all that is reasonable and good actually exists under my tailbone. ;)

xbdestroya said:
Distress you about their posting, or their mod'ing?

I don't know about him, but for me it's the modding. I've basically been given the message that I'm only allowed to talk about Nintendo or Sony if I say good things, or sugar coat the hell out of any criticism I make, and I should never mention that the site in general is biased towards the PS3, even if the rest of the internet knows it's true. I will be banned if I do either of the above, and would certainly be banned if I had said this in the console forum.

Well, the "site" is not biased to any console that I know of - pretty near impossible for anybody to claim this, given that we've only ever done one article of late that involves a console and that's not even a PS3. Oh wait, perhaps somebody's thinking that the forum, along with every post and thread in it, is the site. But what'll happen now is somebody else will criticise me for being obtuse - "you know exactly what I mean Neeyik: all of the mods are biased towards whatever and by banning such and such, you're all exhibiting that bias".

So wait, that must make me biased towards a console manufacturer of some sorts! :eek: Wow! How exciting! I don't think I've ever given some much of a nanosecond of my time and effort towards "liking" one console manufacturer over another. Ah but now somebody will say "you hardly ever post in the console forum, so you don't count"; to which my response would be "correct but I moderate the console forum just as much as anybody else does". So so so....umm....so I must be biased then! Oooooh! :cool:

Seriously folks. Posts get edited or deleted, threads locked or removed, user accounts closed because of behaviour, not preferences. I wouldn't dare stand in front of a group of people and spout childish, provocative nonsense just to provoke an angry reaction from them. There are always ways to say something negative about an issue under discussion without coming across as being offensive or aggressive. However, not everyone has the ability to do this and in such cases, this is the totally wrong forum for such people - now I personally don't mind people starting off on the wrong foot as long as they're willing to make a concerted effort to try not to be rude, immature or whatever; in other words, adapt their posting behaviour to be more appropriate for these boards. And if it's not possible for them to do so no matter what, well then there's nothing to be gained by either party to permit them to continue using the forums.

Consoles really are bizarre little things - the fuss they cause....sheesh...

Paul said:
I'm still alive, mostly in spirit though.

Hi, Paul. Great to see you, I still remember the Tekken and Final Fantasy Comparison chart (previou, current & next gen) you made.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I'm not immature in the technical forums, just in general discussion and rarely in P&R forum.
Doesn't that sound a bit like a textbook case of an idiot savante?

An idiot techovante?

Paul_G said:
NOOOO!! that's it! i'm going back to lurk mode for the next 6 months, i only wanted to find out about jvd and l-b has turned my thread gay! :LOL: thanks a bunch! Oh and i can't post any more until the beginning of August anyway because as you can see i've now used up my quota of exclamation marks for the month :cry:

Don't feel bad, london-boy can turn any thread gay... he just has that kind of effect.. ;)

Nite_Hawk

Paul_G said:
Ahh i see, kind of like a practical real-life example. What not to do if you don't want to get banned. I can see all the familiar elements, having a clear bias towards one system or another (Sorry Sonyps35 but you do), insulting mods by claiming all the console mods are sony whores, i don't think i've missed anything...

Exactly, so give me my damn karma back!

Back