Where are the other Rare games?

Qroach

Veteran
I thought this E3 we'd get to see what else RARE had been working on? We certainly saw Viva la Pinata, but nothing else.

Could MS be showing more games behind closed doors?

same goes to blue dragon :???: i was hoping for new trailer some in game vids, new shots ...nothing just nothing

Yeah i hoped so too. I guess theres a team working on VP, and a small team working the Kameo conent, there must be some leftover Kameo people working on something new. MS announced enough this show though, they need to save some things for TGS to try and maintain some momentum. Were the Rare games like Banjo or KI popular in Japan? If so i could see them holding off on those until TGS...

czekon said:
same goes to blue dragon :???: i was hoping for new trailer some in game vids, new shots ...nothing just nothing

I could definitely see why they would keep a low profile on this until TGS...

Or I bet they are saving more Rare games for X06, I forgot they tend to show the more european driven content at that event.

I too was hoping to see more of blue dragon...

Slighty OT:

Does Rare have the KillerInstinct license? They should work on that franchise.

Qroach said:
yes they own it, or rather MS owns the franchise..

Well, since we've seen sequel to almost all Rare franchises, I guess only KI and BlastCorps is still missing

hupfinsgack said:
Slighty OT:

Does Rare have the KillerInstinct license? They should work on that franchise.

Yes they should, in fact they should have announced KI and KI2 for Live Arcade with KI3 for either this fall or next spring. Not hearing anything on this franchise really put a damper on E3 for me.

Anyone know how many devlopment teams they have at Rare? I was under the impression that they had four separate teams working on different games at any time. The Kameo and PDZ teams would have just recently begun work on new titles then there is the Viva Pinata team and one more, I'm guessing the team that worked on Conker, working on something unannounced.

Qroach said:
I thought this E3 we'd get to see what else RARE had been working on? We certainly saw Viva la Pinata, but nothing else.

Talk about ungrateful! You got 2 titles at launch and 1 title coming this fall. What more could you ask for (other than Viva Pinata being delayed)? Did you not get the memo? Rare has officially completed their quota for next gen and are starting on next NEXT gen.

;)

Acert93 said:
Talk about ungrateful! You got 2 titles at launch and 1 title coming this fall. What more could you ask for (other than Viva Pinata being delayed)? Did you not get the memo? Rare has officially completed their quota for next gen and are starting on next NEXT gen.

;)

lol!

I guess they are keeping some things secret. No reason to show everything and if it is early in development you shouldn't. There are many other occasions they can show new games and I guess right now they would like to concetrate on the fall game line up.

Anyway, Viva la Pinata looks amazing, it is strange to see these kind of amazing graphics for a game like this, it is definitely a looker and certainly has a CG look to it...

Back