What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Move won't function with a projector, cos the camera will always see the bright spot of the projector lamp.
Should work. It'll track the coloured orb irrespective of what light points are in view. This only won't work if the projector throws out the exposure, which is won't do because it won't be shining directly at the camera. I forsee no troubles.

I wonder if Move won't function with a projector, cos the camera will always see the bright spot of the projector lamp.
I tried an experiment once. In my room there is a mirror on the right wall. My camera doesnt see it. But I wanted to see how Move would respond if I turned the camera so that it sees Move and its reflection at the same time. I tried that on Killzone 3 btw. Surprisingly the camera didnt get confused at all although there were two identical light sources viewed at the same time.

I tried an experiment once. In my room there is a mirror on the right wall. My camera doesnt see it. But I wanted to see how Move would respond if I turned the camera so that it sees Move and its reflection at the same time. I tried that on Killzone 3 btw. Surprisingly the camera didnt get confused at all although there were two identical light sources viewed at the same time.
I suppose once calibrated it knows which one to track, although if the actual Move and reflection overlap, it may lose which is the real one. That'd be a very contrived situation though! The biggest challenge to Move will be coloured lighting, especially colour-changing lighting. Move at a disco isn't a great idea. :mrgreen:

Finished Alice: Madness Returns yesterday which was an awesome game IMO and now I can't decide what to do...start Alice again on Nightmare (New Game+) or start Bastion? :???:

In the meantime I'm still trying to get all the hidden cakes on co-op at 'Splosion Man to finally get this final achievement...only 3 left but they're pretty tricky.

I suppose once calibrated it knows which one to track, although if the actual Move and reflection overlap, it may lose which is the real one. That'd be a very contrived situation though! The biggest challenge to Move will be coloured lighting, especially colour-changing lighting. Move at a disco isn't a great idea. :mrgreen:

I can picture the spinning disco ball in the room right now :LOL:

Been playing Start the Party again with my son lately. We tried it last year but only fly swatting more or less worked then. But now he's finally old enough to understand the game and control the menus (a hint for me was that he just finally figured out how to work a mouse, and that translates well to this).

Mind you, he just turned 3 and the rating for the game says 7+, but he's picking up on the game at a pretty good pace. He already managed to rescue a guy from the dinosaur on his own (most difficult there is that he thinks the dino is so cool he forgets to play), and the ghost hunt he's at least starting to grab the aiming of the lamp and fire an occasional shot, and he can already rescue some chicks too. Hair cutting is still difficult though, and he's useless with the Robots. He really loves the fruit ninja bit ... so that should be promising for Fruit Ninja Kinect sales ... .

The other game he really wants to play is Motorstorm, as he's a sucker for bikes at the moment, but that's really a bit out of his league just yet. Also not sure what kind of control method suits him better for that yet. Now that the controls are configurable that helps though, as throttle on the x works better for him than on the R2, as his hands are too small.

I've been playing the God of War HD collection, finished GOW1 on the weekend and started 2, but am considering skipping it and playing Bioshock 1 which I never got around to and then Deus Ex Human Revolution (which has been getting rave reviews)

Got Fruit Ninja Kinect. That is a lot of fun! My gf is a lot better than me. I have no patience!

Downloaded the trial and saw that I was 2nd in arcade among the B3D group.
I will probably pick it up eventually, but may get it with Gunslinger as I believe it comes free with the game.

Congrats :D ! I always wanted to play on a big wall, or better still in a movie theatre will full surround audio :cool: !Which projector did you buy and for how much?

EDIT: BTW, i am playing Infamous 2 now, and I am totally addicted now. Its even more awesome than Infy 1 !

It's an Epson EMP-TW600 LCD Projektor. It's a couple of years old, but my friend still had a brand new spare light bulb and he even got it professionally calibrated when he bought it. It's only 720p (ideal for consoles anyway), but it has kick-ass color accuracy and great image quality in general. Could probably rival my Plasma tv if I painted the walls of my living room black:D. Paid 400€ for it including the new light bulb. Seemed fair enough to me.

Yesterday I hooked up my PC and played a bit of Witcher 2 and Crysis 2. It was pretty fucking rad.

After over a year since my original 360 died, picked up the 4GB slim and Reach - largely because Gow3 incoming soon. And...rather "meh" so far I have to say.

I like Halo's combat, but as of yet it's just too similar - I have a feeling I've played 4 versions of this game before, basically because I have. I understand they can't muck that much with the franchise but at this point it feels highly derivative. From reviews the last third of the game really picks up so here's hoping.

And really, this is set in the future with warping ships - can they bloody well ditch the forced static and tin-can sounding voice comms from your commander? It's bloody aggravating that I can't understand what they're saying half the time.

After over a year since my original 360 died, picked up the 4GB slim and Reach - largely because Gow3 incoming soon. And...rather "meh" so far I have to say.

I like Halo's combat, but as of yet it's just too similar - I have a feeling I've played 4 versions of this game before, basically because I have. I understand they can't muck that much with the franchise but at this point it feels highly derivative. From reviews the last third of the game really picks up so here's hoping.

And really, this is set in the future with warping ships - can they bloody well ditch the forced static and tin-can sounding voice comms from your commander? It's bloody aggravating that I can't understand what they're saying half the time.

Totally agree on that one for every game out there. Get rid of that, it just makes things worse.

Finished my second Nightmare playthrough of Alice: MR yesterday and I highly recommend the game to anyone who wants to play something different than the majority of games that are coming out today...definitely one of the most underrated games this gen IMO.

Today I'll start Bastion which looks awesome and play the demo of Bodycount that I'm downloading right now, let's see if these guys at Codemasters truly made a spiritual successor of Black. :D

Honestly, I thought it was a boiler plate and mostly rather boring platformer that didn't know when enough is enough. It just kept limping on and on, and the few gameplay breaks from the platforming monotony it introduced were repeated over and over until I was positively sick of them. Imaginative visuals aside, the game felt like a 3d platformer from the pre Mario64 era. Come to think of it, I think I actually didn't just not like the game. I hated it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of strong language, booze, sexual subject matter and some mild T&A. It's a truly weird game. Bought it because I'm just drawn to stuff like that, but unfortunately the actual game part of Catherine is completely ruining the experience for me. It's like watching a really interesting tv series, but instead of commercial breaks you get fiendishly difficult block puzzles. Unlike with commercial breaks you can't switch channels though. I'm really enjoying the presentation and all the little details (every time you empty another drink you get a bit of alcohol trivia for example), but I'm just dreading the nightmare puzzles. They are hard, no fun at all and the controls are going to kill you time and time again. Catherine would be a really cool anime, because everything that happens outside of the nightmares is really interesting and well presented. Unfortunately there is a game sandwiched in between the interesting bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back