What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now playing Swords and Soldiers.

Now finished playing Swords and Soldiers! Pretty meh game - gameplay is really unsophisiticated and there are pretty much no tactics. I'd have been ticked off if I had paid full price for that (£6 ish).

Just finished Puzzle Agent. The control scheme on the PS3 version is beyond awkward (I've no idea why I didn't buy the PC version instead), but other than that it was a really pleasant surprise.

KillTeam which was/ is a lot tougher then I expected and great fun. Just finished Limbo as well which was excellent if a little disturbing.

Grandia 1 (PS3) - Loved Grandia 2 but never played Grandia 1 yet. Started it a little while ago, but really only put in time just yesterday. Loving the game so far and really miss the old school JRPG charm.

Demons Souls (PS3) - Been playing this co-op with a friend. Absolutely love how the game punishes you where most games today hold your hand.

Shadows of the Damned (360) - I'm enjoying the game and really like it, but recently they have been sticking me in these stupid 2D levels that are poorly designed IMO and very annoying. So far I'm so turned off from these levels that I have to put the game down for a few days to a week before I pick it back up.

BFBC2 (360) - One of the few competitive shooters I'll play and only play with friends, never alone.

Crysis 2 (360) - same deal as BFBC2, though I still need to beat it in super solder difficulty (or whatever the hardest one is).

Halo Reach (360) - Play the random co-op or FF game with some friends. Maybe jump into some CMP just for me to get slaughtered and jump out.

MGS4 (ps3) - Love the MGS series, but have only put 5 or so hours into this one so far. I want a good chunk of time to just sit and enjoy the game, but I haven't had all that much free time lately.

Juggling around quite a few games right now, but I'm trying to shrink my backlog (and failing miserably:p)

Speaking of backlog, I need to beat the following before gears 3 or forza 4....forgot which comes out first!

Outland, last level
Child of Eden, last 2 levels
Tomb raider GoL, 50% left
From Dust

Came back from vacation. Work piled up. Stayed up until 3am last night. It's all about small games these days:

1. Fooling around in PS Home (playing Scribble Shooter, chatting up guys and gals in wee hours). Like Shifty, also waiting for UnderSiege to fix the difficulty so I can troll the monsters. Dipping in iOS games and LBP + Modnation user created levels once in a while.

2. Short sessions of R3 beta and Killzone 3.

That's it !

The rest are mostly media activities (Playing movies and music in the background as I work. ^_^). I leave my PS3 on throughout the day and night.

Just finished Castlevania LOTS "PS3 version" and holy shit at the ending after the credit roll. I think if the sequel would start from there then count me extremely excited.
Onto finish AC Brotherhood now.

Played some conquest in Section 8 Prejudice, and I have to say the game is so much more fun than I ever expected it to be. I just kept playing one match after the other without break! :D The game is too good in MP ! Absolutely fun !!! The mechanic of buying and installing turrets, AA guns, missile launchers and spawning mechs, bikes and tanks right in the middle of the match/war and that too anywhere u want is just too awesome!!! :p Changes the whole shooter game into shooter+strategy+tower defence !!!

Very refreshing from standard shooters and very functionally fun ! Recommended !:cool:

Finished Tomb Raider: GoL with Scott today in co-op. An amazingly fun game and highly recommended to everyone.

Well...at the moment...I play nothing!!!

Because publisher are so dumb that they don't release a new interesting game at the moment...instead waiting till everyone releases their damn games so that they can wine about how their game was overlooked when it was released because of "teh modern warfare 3 hipe"...boooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Thank you dear gaming publisher intelligence service for forcing me to read a book...how should I headshot while reading a book, how should I level up???!!! how?!?!?

Heh heh, I am replaying all my games with 3D support now. Some have too subtle 3D effects, some have eye-popping one. Have a headache after a whole night of jumping from games to games. :LOL:

Will be trying Move + 3D next.

Anyone tried de Blob 2 ? It should be available on Wii and PS3. It was originally a student project. Also getting Auditorium HD soon.

Section 8 Prejudice ! and I have to tell u guys that the Swarm mode, bascially horde +Tower defence, is a blast to play ! Extremely fun and addictive ! I have to say, its a lot like what STARHAWK is promising, even the turrets and vehicles that you spawn also fall down from the sky just like they showed in the Starhawk vids.
Haven't played much of the campaign, seemed okay, nothing special and kindof like an iPad/iPhone game at the beginning. but the Swarm is too much fun:cool: ! Will try competitive MP if I get a chance.

ALso, played the Stacking demo, and I seem to love the game ! A very Happy and lovingly crafted game ! Will buy it someday.
Want to play Infamous 2, but somehow never do it.

Forgot to mention that there is a dude in the GAF chatroom who loves the game as well. He's looking for people to play together. I think I forwarded the chatroom link to you before. His nick is pwonager.

I started playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 again after watching the EVO 2011 championships.
I'm playing through the "Events" and may some of the Shadow battles later.
Game really takes some fast reflexes--other than Morrigan as my main, I'm still experimenting with my 2 other characters.

I can't really play online because of where I am and lag.
I need to find some local folks that are into it as well.

I'm back to playing some more Soul Calibur IV and trying to complete the "Ascend Tower" single player mode. I need to level up my custom characters more.

Played a bit of Uncharted 2 on my recently purchased (used) projector yesterday. I still think it's easily the best looking console game out there.

Played a bit of Uncharted 2 on my recently purchased (used) projector yesterday. I still think it's easily the best looking console game out there.

Congrats :D ! I always wanted to play on a big wall, or better still in a movie theatre will full surround audio :cool: !Which projector did you buy and for how much?
I wonder if Move won't function with a projector, cos the camera will always see the bright spot of the projector lamp.

EDIT: BTW, i am playing Infamous 2 now, and I am totally addicted now. Its even more awesome than Infy 1 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back