What are you playing now? [2023]

Black Labyrinth is a DLC for Amid Evil So I'll buy that first see if I like it enough to buy the DLC
Yeah, the base game will let you know.
But having played two times now, i think the DLC is indeed better. The base game sometimes had the retro FPS problem of searching for a key for too long, and getting lost in the process. With the DLC i did not have this problem yet - the level design seems to guide me better. DLC also is a single connected 'story', unlike the base game which is divided into worlds and a hub.
Level design is the primary strength. It's varied, interesting to explore, but mainly everything in the game seems to be made with a gameplay first priority.
Every pathway has the right width, every projectile and enemy has the right tempo, combat keeps interesting, fun and rewarding at any distance.
Judging by gameplay and experience, this is indeed the best FPS ever made to me. It's like the game of my dreams when i've played Quake back then. I guess you won't regret.

Can't help with VR, but desktop experience is perfect.

Amid Evil Black Labyrinth.
No one cares, but it's GOTY without doubt.
Best game released since the original Amid Evil. Maybe even better. Better than all those classic FPS games combined. Only downside is Andrew Hulshult seems no longer aboard for the music.
12 out of 10 for this perfect masterpiece. \:D/
This rarely happens these days.
I hope those guys can keep doing what they do.
Hey, Amid Evil is probably my favorite of the new retro shooters I've played, so I'm definitely listening. I loved the structure of the game and how each area was its own unique thing with unique enemies and all that. Great weapons that really felt quite different from each other and more situationally useful rather than just 'preference', and really great level design, too.

Definitely plan on picking up this expansion at some point.

For me, I've now started Sea of Stars, having backed it on Kickstarter years ago. It's good so far, but I think it might be a mistake to play this right after Crosscode, another pixel art JRPG-inspired game. Crosscode was just so impeccably designed in nearly every way that it's going to be extremely hard to live up to. I think I might stop and play some palate cleanser game in between first. Maybe finish playing Prodeus.

The VR version is a separate purchase £16.75 on steam, normal version £15.99
there is a bundle Amid Evil and Amid Evil VR for £16.35 (-50% sale) dont know how long the sale lasts

I have a feeling that A Plague Tale Requiem is going to get pulled from Gamepass pretty soon so I want to dive into that one, but I got sucked into more Forza Horizon 5 instead. Still loving it.

Witcher 3 , again with RT on PS5, previously on PS4
Hopefully, there will be another playthrough once I scrape together a good PC.

@pjbliverpool - Can you test CP2077? Max RT (not overdrive mode) at 1440p with DLSS quality my GPU use is only 70% which I find odd as I'm using RT I expected it to be at 99% on my 4070ti even with DLSS on.

Does your gpu use change if you change cpu speed ?
Try running it with vsync off (I assume you have it on to take advantage of gsync)

@pjbliverpool - Can you test CP2077? Max RT (not overdrive mode) at 1440p with DLSS quality my GPU use is only 70% which I find odd as I'm using RT I expected it to be at 99% on my 4070ti even with DLSS on.

I'm hitting 99% consistently at those settings with around 70-80fps most of the time dropping to the 60's in heavier city areas.

Well having once again "quit" Destiny 2 for at least a while, I'm trying a few games.

Gears 5 Hivebusters I never beat this crazily. Still playing a little at a time. Really enjoying it, and I realized why is cause hivebusters does not have any of the open world stuff they put in Gears 5. It's strictly a linear DLC. I wish Gears 6 go back to linear, but sadly I know that's the opposite of the trend, if anything it will probably go more open world. Also I love campaign DLC's. I would adore one for Halo Infinite. Yet they rarely seem to exist. They must not be very financially viable. Hivebusters also looks really amazing.

Starfield: well i have put maybe an hour or two in. i remain completely on the fence whether it will "grab" me or not...very few games do.

played the sea of stars free demo for about ten minutes. neat.

Lost interest in Death Stranding, Just finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, currently playing The Lost Legacy, then its either Starfield, Starpoint Gemini 3 or Bg3

unfortunately there are 3 other recent purchases that are whispering sweet nothings into my ear ;)
maybe after those I'll pick it up again

Anonymouse; Code. Visual novel which I really try and avoid, but the story is by the same guy who wrote Steins; Gate so I had to try it. Almost finished it last night but didn't have the energy to do everything to get the "true good ending", probably finish it today.

An excellent story!

Back