What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? So many people at work were complaining about how sucky this game was and how bored you would get...but it could be that they were playing on a console instead of the PC...at least the visuals would be better on the PC. Are you playing with all the Physx stuff enabled?

I loved it. Gameplay wise it's really fun - the free running aspect is very cool and I liked hopping around buildings. In my opinion it felt very similar to Portal in way that it gives the player this really cool device (free running in Mirror's Edge, portal gun in Portal) and lets makes you use it to solve all types of cool puzzles. Basically, the entire game consists of just that, free running puzzle solving, and if you don't like it at first, then you probably won't dig this game.

Also, the Physx stuff is really well implemented as well. It's not there at every turn just to be there, but is used here and there for nice effects throughout the levels.

Crysis, finally picked it up used because someone mentioned it had AA in DX10 mode. Actually turned out to be a pretty good game up until you met the Aliens and then everything felt rushed from that point on as if they ran out of time and just had to put something in to get the game out the door. Game also ran quite well compared to when I first tried the demo on a 2900 XT. :D

Think I may try Crysis Warhead next, hopefully they did a better job keeping the gameplay consistent through the whole game.

Regards,
SB

Maybe he's referring to transparency AA? The game needs it bad...

Maybe he has Nvidia card and it works differently. I play myself DX9 (as in screenshot thread) and I use 4xAA and TSAA in Warhead/Crysis Wars. :smile:

I'm playing HL2 (first time run) and I'm disappointed :p. not challenging, not fun enough. NO recoil on guns but much spread : I understand more why counterstrike went worse.
There no much to do besides speed running corridors fighting generic enemies and insects, pick up one hundred heath packs, and occasionnally get frustrated when you're stuck (I'm where you have to do a car jump with a helicopter firing at you, but you can't destroy the copter nor drive fast enough.)

ouch.
it looks like I'll play Crysis in year 2014 or so :D

Nah, it runs well with Warhead as I get for the large part above 30fps and Crysis Wars above 40fps with 4xAA and TSAA on. I just got a single 4890. Crysis is more like 22-30fps but I have a rather heavy config. :D

Just picked up Fable 2. I'm pissed it hasn't come out on PC yet and I'll be even more pissed when it inevitably does. I couldn't wait, though. I guess I'll have to buy it twice like I did with the first one.

I borrowed my friend's copy and gave it about 10 minutes. Holy framerate drops batman.. :oops:

So I'll wait impatiently for the PC release. :cool:

Holy framerate drops batman.. :oops:

I saw a couple videos where the FPS drops where blatant. I really enjoyed the first one, though, so my anticipation eats me up, regardless of the fact that it was entirely too short. I don't expect this one to be an epic in terms of length, either.

i was replaying crisis, then i got to the relic part with the graveyard and the chopper just doesn't come! (didn't have that problem last time, and i laughed and laughed at those that had that problem). karma is a bitch.

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway.

Man, if anything this is better than the first game. Squad members aren't as idiotic and don't die as much when used correctly. Or maybe I'm just better at using them now. :D

Cover system works much better, although I think the cover system is a bit overpowered in this one compared to the first one.

Graphics are still holding up quite well considering how long ago this was released, pleasantly surprised.

Definitely one of the best game series available on PC. Too bad there's no word on them doing another one. One of the most satisfying FPS experiences I've had.

I'll be sad when I finish this one. May end up playing it a second time. Not something I've done with an FPS since the Doom/Hexen days. :)

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back