Virtua Fighter 5 Interview - Possibly Headed To 360? *Confirmed!

Maybe it they do think that it makes sense for them to have VF exclusive to PS, I am sure Sony is offering a lucrative deal to Sega for this exclusive and I am sure Sega must have weighed all pros and cons of it. IMO it is MS's fault actually, they should be offering a better deal to Sega for VF series...one can't blame Sega for going PS route if Sony offered them a better deal.

Problem is... we dont know what the deal was or if even there was a deal... VF4 got ported in 2002... six months after xbox's release so Sega was already committed to the port prior to xbox's release... however, knowing a little bit about Sega's history, the arcade division always prided itself on releasing their flagship game on the best hardware possible.

VF4 Evolution could have made the jump to the xbox hardware but somewhere the wires got crossed and imho Sega missed out. Sega and VF5 went up against Tekken, SoulCaliber and DoA on PS2, where there were already established fanbases of those particular games with gamers who NEVER had an interest in VF5 and summarily dissed it out of hand prior to its system debut.

As to whether VF5 will come to xbox hardware... it may not really matter. Prior segaphiles such as myself made the jump to Xbox in hopes of Sega jumping with us... since they did not make the jump wholeheartedly (even though Orta and GunValkyrie were great games) they basically have been left behind. VF5 is in no one's top ten list of most wanted games on either system and its Sega's PREMIER title. PSO and Sonic have both become "milk" titles and both suck. That says a lot for their ability to understand the market and prosper...

Sega could disappear and really no one would notice...

DaveB., I would say that zeck wasnt alluding to your "interest" in B3D but rather your "interests" in ATI and thus Xbox...
I'm aware of that, and I just considered it a pointless comment. As I point out in my post, I'm speaking as an end user. XBOX is neither something that the company I work for directly promote nor something that would really pay off my time were I to be doing so; its hardly as though I'm wondering around the place promoting Wii, Bravia TV's, Motorola RAZR phones, etc., etc. The same types of comments could be directed at many of the devs that are floating around as they also have direct or indirect links via the companies they work for and the respective platforms they back.

I'm aware of that, and I just considered it a pointless comment. As I point out in my post, I'm speaking as an end user. XBOX is neither something that the company I work for directly promote nor something that would really pay off my time were I to be doing so; its hardly as though I'm wondering around the place promoting Wii, Bravia TV's, Motorola RAZR phones, etc., etc. The same types of comments could be directed at many of the devs that are floating around as they also have direct or indirect links via the companies they work for and the respective platforms they back.

I agree and thought that Zeck's comment was out of line.

Until the appearance of VF4 on PS2 most people who played playstation were TEKKEN fans and wholly anti-VF. I would daresay that in opposition to your theory, most ex-sega, ex dreamcast fans went xbox for symbolic or other reasons...

Notice that I wasn't speaking about any theory, but my personal experience. Since I implied, that my personal experience extended any farther than it does, I understand your comment.

I'm not talking about Sega fans. I'm talking about fighting game fans. The one I am and the ones I've known. We can't be anti-VF because VF is serious business with serious competition that can more often than not hop over to your game of choice and give you a schooling. We go where the games are, whether it's an arcade to meet new 3rd Strikers or dusting off the Saturn to play VF2 (there goes your theory ;) ) or praying for forgivness as we burn a copy of Last Blade on DC.

If you play alot of fighting games, then you know that Playstation, rather than XBox, is the brand name you go to. That could change, and VF5 on 360 would be a big step in the right direction. But that hasn't happenned yet and with the state of the fighting game market, I doubt it will.

Notice that I wasn't speaking about any theory, but my personal experience. Since I implied, that my personal experience extended any farther than it does, I understand your comment.

I'm not talking about Sega fans. I'm talking about fighting game fans. The one I am and the ones I've known. We can't be anti-VF because VF is serious business with serious competition that can more often than not hop over to your game of choice and give you a schooling. We go where the games are, whether it's an arcade to meet new 3rd Strikers or dusting off the Saturn to play VF2 (there goes your theory ;) ) or praying for forgivness as we burn a copy of Last Blade on DC.

If you play alot of fighting games, then you know that Playstation, rather than XBox, is the brand name you go to. That could change, and VF5 on 360 would be a big step in the right direction. But that hasn't happenned yet and with the state of the fighting game market, I doubt it will.

Hey I'm a purist! VF, Streetfighter ... or nothing at all ;)

At the moment I find it very unlikely that X360 will receive VF5, but what makes you say that Japan is the game's strongest market (by far), certainly not VF4 sales.

Yes certainly VF4 sales. From vgcharts:

USA LTD:
Virtua Fighter 4 PS2 Sega 353,500

Japan LTD:
Virtua Fighter 4 PS2 Sega 557,750

Now if you factor in the fact that the US population is about 300 millions and Japan's is only about 130 or in PS2's shipped about 42 millions and 23 respectively my point stands. VF is predominantly Japanese franchise. So, like I said it, would be more foolish IMO to neglect the larger Japanese installed base of the PS3 than the larger American installed base of the 360.

Yes certainly VF4 sales. From vgcharts:

Now if you factor in the fact that the US population is about 300 millions and Japan's is only about 130 or in PS2's shipped about 42 millions and 23 respectively my point stands. VF is predominantly Japanese franchise. So, like I said it, would be more foolish IMO to neglect the larger Japanese installed base of the PS3 than the larger American installed base of the 360.

What about the sales in Europe?

UK OXM said:
Sega's biggest, hottest, hardest and best is also Xbox 360-bound. Another living, breathing gaming legend is definitely heading Xbox 360-wards next year. Virtua Fighter is the best, most technical fighting series there is, and no, we don't care how much you like Dead or Alive or Soul Bloody Calibur - that's a FACT. VF5 will sell Xbox 360 in Japan. And the UK. And the Moon. It rocks.
:LOL: I believe it.

*no sarcasm in this post. If VT3 can, why not VF5?

heh :p, anyone care to translate?
SEGA ANUNCIA VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 PARA XBOX 360

El espectacular juego de lucha de SEGA llega a la consola de nueva generación de Microsoft.

MADRID, LONDRES & SAN FRANCISCO (21 de Diciembre, 2006) – SEGA® of America Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd hacen hoy público que el esperado juego de lucha de la compañía nipona, Virtua Fighter™ 5, contará con una versión para el sistema de entretenimiento Xbox 360™. Virtua Fighter™ 5 tiene previsto su lanzamiento en Europa y Norteamérica a finales de verano de 2007. La versión de PlayStation®3 de este título se pondrá a la venta el 20 de Febrero de 2007 en Estados Unidos y acompañará el lanzamiento europeo de la consola en Marzo.

“Aquellos afortunados que ya han podido jugar con Virtua Fighter™ 5 saben que va a convertirse en el referente de los juegos de lucha en la nueva generación de consolas”, comenta Matt Woodley, Director Creativo de SEGA Publishing Europe Ltd. “Lanzar Virtua Fighter™ 5 para Xbox 360™ es posible dado que contamos con una plataforma con la potencia necesaria para gestionar los impresionantes gráficos y los complejos y variados estilos de lucha de los personajes que combatirán en nuestra pantalla, por no mencionar a los aficionados de esta consola que están deseando disfrutar de un juego de lucha de primera categoría.”

En Virtua Fighter™ 5 veremos escenarios preciosistas e increíblemente detallados, evocando localizaciones de todos los rincones del mundo, en los que 17 expertos en artes marciales se enfrentarán cara a cara. Los combates, más estratégicos y técnicos que nunca, ofrecen al jugador la oportunidad de emplear los nuevos “Movimientos Ofensivos” para derribar a sus rivales desde diferentes ángulos de ataque, lo que añade una nueva dimensión al juego y supone toda una novedad tanto para principiantes como veteranos de Virtua Fighter™ 5. El juego también permite personalizar a los protagonistas seleccionando toda una colección de accesorios desbloqueables.

“La saga Virtua Fighter™ de SEGA es una de las más prestigiosas en la historia de los videojuegos”, afirma Jeff Bell, Vicepresidente Corporativo de Marketing en la División de Entretenimiento Interactivo de Microsoft. “Se trata de una franquicia que ha crecido con el tiempo y cuenta con una legión de fans en todo el mundo, además de estar excelentemente considerada por la crítica. Los aficionados a los juegos de lucha están ansiosos por probar Virtua Fighter™ 5 y estamos orgullosos de traer este excepcional juego a Xbox 360 de la mano de SEGA”

Desarrollado en Tokio por el prestigioso equipo AM R&D Development No.2, Virtua Fighter™ 5 para Xbox 360™ estará disponible en Europa y Norteamérica a finales de verano de 2007.

"SEGA ANNOUNCES VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FOR THE XBOX 360

...blahblahblah...

Virtua Fighter 5 will be available for the Xbox 360 in Europe and North America by the end of summer 2007."

This is the translation from google language tool

SEGA ANNOUNCES VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FOR XBOX 360 The spectacular game of SEGA fight arrives at the console of new generation of Microsoft. MADRID, LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (21 of December, 2006) - SEGA® of America Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd make public today that the awaited game of fight of the Japanese company, Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5, will count on a version for the system of Xbox entertainment 360â„¢. Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5 has predicted its launching in Europe and North America at the end of summer of 2007. The version of PlayStation®3 of this title will on sale put the 20 of February of 2007 in the United States and will accompany the European launching by the console in March. “Those lucky people who already have been able to play with Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5 know that he is going to become the referring one of the games of fight in the new console generationâ€, Matt Woodley comments, Creative Director of SEGA Publishing Europe Ltd. “To send to Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5 for Xbox 360â„¢ it is possible since we counted on a platform with the power necessary to manage the impressive graphs and the complexes and varied styles of fight of the personages who will fight in our screen, not to mention the fans of this console who are wishing to enjoy a fight game of first category.†In Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5 we will see preciosistas scenes and incredibly detailed, evoking locations of all the corners of the world, in which 17 experts in martial arts will face face face. The combats, more strategic and technical than ever, offer to the player the opportunity to use the new “Attacks†to demolish to their rivals from different angle of attacks, which adds a new dimension to the nascent game and as much supposes all a newness for as veteran of Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5. The game also allows to personalize to the protagonists being selected all a collection of desbloqueables accessories. “the SEGA saga Virtua Fighterâ„¢ is one of most prestigious in the history of the videojuegosâ€, affirms to Jeff Bell, Corporative Vice-president of Marketing in the Division of Interactive Entertainment of Microsoft. “One is a tax exemption that has grown with time and counts on a legion of fans anywhere in the world, besides to be excellently considered by the critic. The fans to the fight games are anxious to prove Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5 and we are proud to bring this exceptional game to Xbox 360 of the SEGA hand†Developed in Tokyo by the prestigious equipment A.M.R&D Development No.2, Virtua Fighterâ„¢ 5 for Xbox 360â„¢ will be available in Europe and North America at the end of summer of 2007.

How reliable is this? And why is it in Spanish?:???: :???:

Back