Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

12 hours is good enough for a singleplayer only game but hopefully theres decent replay value.

in the videos i've seen, it seems like a lot of people have some problems aiming. i think it would be nice to have the option of enabling sticky aim.

I'm sure they can't just whip up an online co-op mode together but it sure would be nice if they put something like that together as a download expansion.

uncharted is incredible but i hate shader water :( looks like flat and fake :( I WANT 3d WATER LIKE LAIR,is possible in lair and not in uncharted ???

uncharted is incredible but i hate shader water :( looks like flat and fake :( I WANT 3d WATER LIKE LAIR,is possible in lair and not in uncharted ???
might be alittle too late to implement a realtime fluid dynamic system. but the current water looked just fine to me. lair still has the best water effect on ps3 though imo.

I think that the game is innovative, at least technically, with a great animation system.
As for gameplay, right now, it seems to me a lot more interesting than GeOW for example that had the player only take cover and shoot...
I haven't seen a game that combines platforming, with shooting and hand to hand combat in such a fluid and non fragmented way. The only thing that scares me is the lack of auto aim. I can only hope that the player won't straggle with the controls when it comes to aiming. The graphics look, to me at least, beautiful and the animation of the main character is amazing.
I guess that there are many people that are somewhat bored with the third person action adventure genre, but for those that still like it, the game looks like it has a lot to give.
I'm not sure that AC and Uncharted can be directly compared gameplay wise, they seem to be very different games. I'm interested in both of them equally and expect a completely different experience.

I think devs that claim their AI is exceptional and so on and so forth should be sued if the retail version is not on par with what they had promoted ;-)
Nevertheless, Uncharted looks really good, that's good news for ps3 users

It won't be the first time developers implement "dynamic difficulty" successfully. Both Halo: Combat Evolved and Resistance: Fall of Men did it with great results.

might be alittle too late to implement a realtime fluid dynamic system. but the current water looked just fine to me. lair still has the best water effect on ps3 though imo.

yeah ultra lair's water is amazing but in uncharted 2 i want that kind of water otherwise i kill nd i swear :LOL:

Uncharted release is drawing near. ^_^

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/10/03/uncharted-drakes-fortune-update/

We’ve had our last major focus test week last week too, and we received the data we need to make sure that the gameplay is finely tuned for our final release. This is a process that we take very seriously here at Naughty Dog and something we’ve been doing since the Crash Bandicoot days. We test the game over the course of a week and track a huge number of statistics from the types of weapons used, the amount of time spent in each area, and the number of times the players died. We then use this data to smooth out the difficulty and fix any puzzles or layouts that are too tricky to figure out. This will be the fourth time we do a full focus test like this and we are actually going to squeeze a final mini test in right before we Gold Master to make sure a bug didn’t creep in to mess up our tuning.

It’s also at this stage that a bunch of people in the office who have been so busy making the game, finally get a chance to sit down and play it. A lot of people have been so heads down that they are discovering areas in the game they’d never seen before. And because the cinematics are usually some of the last elements that go in, most people haven’t really seen the story unfold in its entirety. Our own Naughty Dogs make great gameplay testers too!

Behind the scene on gamespot:

* http://www.gamespot.com/video/932984/6179144/uncharted-drakes-fortune-official-movie

* http://www.gamespot.com/video/932984/6180259/uncharted-drakes-fortune-official-movie-1

This, Haze, Ratchet & Clank, and Killzone 2 are the only console games that I am really looking forward to now that Halo 3 has come and gone.

Mass effect and a few other PC games are also looking pretty promising.

Sweet, more crazy people inhabit this Earth. The eyes, eyelid animations and muscle simulation are insane.

The amount of technological wizards at ND must be enormous. I got a bit nervous after a couple of them left and created/worked for Ready At Dawn (Daxter is a great looking PSP game), others got diverted to developing Tools+Libraries at Sony and other studios snatched a few of their geniuses (id software, plus atleast another one I cant remember now).

Yet Uncharted still seems to be right at the top when it comes to tech. The clothes even draw wrinkles :oops:.

Yes, this is the first time I actually feel that the character is an object... not an image:
* The realistic facial expression, spores, wrinkles and muscle simulation (Elena's expression is pretty wide ranging)
* The damp look when wet or sweating
* The "organic" animation (where stance/posture is different "everytime")
* The wrinkles on the shirt

Now they "only" have to:
* Fix the floaty-ness
* Fine tune the animation (so that it's responsive and yet realistic)

EDIT:
* And do something to the splash

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is the first time I actually feel that the character is an object... not an image:
* The realistic facial expression, spores, wrinkles and muscle simulation (Elena's expression is pretty wide ranging)
* The damp look when wet or sweating
* The "organic" animation (where stance/posture is different "everytime")
* The wrinkles on the shirt

Now they "only" have to:
* Fix the floaty-ness
* Fine tune the animation (so that it's responsive and yet realistic)

I have a new vid...which kind of caters to your last point:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22501.html

HOLLY SH:oops::oops:!! :oops::oops::oops:

tell me that isn't the best video of Uncharted you've seen. I have no idea where it came from - but it's from JULY!!! And it has like extended parts of areas we've seen before. But really shows some new bits, and how sweet the animation is.

Oh and did everyone see the new level shown on Gamespot showing how good the AI and shooting now is?

Very Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. :)

I hope the story is strong enough to give Nathan charm/charisma/personality. Some sort of signature move/skills (Dr. Jone's whip and hat, Lara's dual pistols) would be nice too, but it seems that they are not going for that formula.

Elena looks to be a capable girl. In one of the magazine shots, she's shooting from a jetski with Nathan.

Sad to say...

deepbrown, I don't think I can join you in Warhawk that soon now. I wanted to host a Warhawk server in my company but the network policies blocked incoming ports (Grrrr... it was supposed to be an open network).

I am still playing Resistance every day after my 2.5 month separation from PS3. Then there is this built up Heavenly Sword + Lair + Warhawk backlog. I will be getting Folksoul. And then next month, this (And I want to see Echochrome and Everyday Shooters too).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back