Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

Just finished it and without spoiling anything:

The replayability loses some value because how well the story is presented it gets old the second time. However at hard I clocked in +10h and still have 600 more achievement points to attain as well as finishing crushing.

The minor gripes I had was the AI sometimes behaved stupidly, which stands out when they normally act smart. There are to few music tracks. To few different enemies and no bosses.

Also there is much unfulfilled potential in this game. They could've done so many different things. Like they could've taken the exact same environments and base gameplay pumped up the puzzles, made it squad based, make weapon modding a large part of it, let Drake gain exp like a RPG... But for what they choose and their execution I really enjoyed it and it is a 9/10 or 5/5 (the scale I prefer). I have never really played anything quite like it.

Just wow!

Also there is much unfulfilled potential in this game. They could've done so many different things. Like they could've taken the exact same environments and base gameplay pumped up the puzzles, made it squad based, make weapon modding a large part of it, let Drake gain exp like a RPG...

Squad based?? Weapon modding?? RPG elements???

You are aware it's supposed to be [believable & cinematic] action adventure game right..?

Squad based?? Weapon modding?? RPG elements???

You are aware it's supposed to be [believable & cinematic] action adventure game right..?

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into before I got it. I'm just saying... they could easily expand the gameplay elements that were there if they wanted to.

For the sequences you are assisted by bots, why not be able to assign commands to them, simple commands, won't be to hard to add.

Finding stuff for you weapons to mod them with: laser sight, better zoom, silencer, adding a rocket/grenade launcher to your gun. One idea could be to mod your secondary fire.

Oh, and more stealth!

It's amazing how a change in Nathan's skin can change the tone of the game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9229167&postcount=13462

p1000848qi2.jpg

More in the above post...

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined the ranks of the (finished the game) last night. Took me a bit longer as I got Oblivion GOTY for Xmas & have been playing that. Great game though.

This was funny I had to take a photo and post it.

I started a new game and switched to the Elena skin.

6tc9xza.jpg

I was expecting to see identical twins. But the playable version of Elena is so much bigger than the side kick Elena! Probably because the playable version has to be the same scale as drake. Still it cracked me up. The creepy thing is that the voice overs are still Drakes voice even if the lips are moving on the chick.

Edit: also this was fun.
73c6i3d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished Uncharted last night and I think it is a fantastically beutiful game that has very average game mechanics and is way to frustrating to be fun.

Action wise, Resistance is much better,Drake simply moves to slow and it is hard to aim. Also, you don't have any fun weapons.

As for the platforming section, I think they are pretty average as well. Some work great but many times it is very hard to know if you are going to make the jump or not.

But I can see why other liked it, but it is not for me I guess. Maybe I can exhange it for Heavenly Sword or PES (or maybe even Lair!)?

I take it Drake doesn't kiss her at any point in the game as you would've obviously taken a picture of that and shown us :LOL:

Can't beat a bit of girl on girl action even if it's virtual ;)

I finished Uncharted last night and I think it is a fantastically beutiful game that has very average game mechanics and is way to frustrating to be fun.

Action wise, Resistance is much better,Drake simply moves to slow and it is hard to aim.

I dont think he moves too slow, and I don't find it hard to aim at all...constant headshots for me. In fact I find Resistance very hard to aim...

6tc9xza.jpg

I was expecting to see identical twins. But the playable version of Elena is so much bigger than the side kick Elena! Probably because the playable version has to be the same scale as drake. Still it cracked me up. The creepy thing is that the voice overs are still Drakes voice even if the lips are moving on the chick.

Edit: also this was fun.
73c6i3d.jpg

You can unlock so many skins????

I dont think he moves too slow, and I don't find it hard to aim at all...constant headshots for me. In fact I find Resistance very hard to aim...

This is my experience as well. Drake's aiming mechanics are excellent. Resistance is too "twitchy" for my likes.

man, i want fat drake! but i can't do the iron fist master SP. i've done everything else BUT that.

Easiest way to do that is in the boat the very beginning. The spawns are very predictable and numbers are low enough you can play recklessly. Figure out how many shots it takes to kill a pirate then just do one less as you run up and punch them.

but don't you need to single punch (i forget atm) 4 or 5 enemies in a row? like soften 4/5 enemies, then punch them? i tried doing 4/5 in a row, but i just got the iron fist SP.

Back