UC4: Best looking gameplay? *SPOILS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember feeling worried with PSX Demo for UC4 actually, after the very impressive first cutscene demo, then seeing the PSX stuff it just looked so drab and kind of empty.

But in the real game... they completely addressed my concerns and more lol. The foliage became so rich in every respect and the colours are invariably better. Even those stealth foliage in the PSX demo looked too plain and not dense enough... compare that to this:

26597219394_09a3f4c433_o_d.png

26597223914_03c9e104b2_o_d.png

It's like night and day difference in quality, what a difference a year and some makes :)

I kinda prefer the look for the psx 2014 version

Maybe it's hard to put that into pictures but i think the area looks significantly improved. Lighting and foliage shaders being the major difference followed up by increased/improved LOD for the terrain and trees in the distance.

uncharted4_athiefsend4dzf2.jpg

uncharted4_athiefsendwuytp.jpg

uncharted4_athiefsendzeyoz.jpg

Looking back at the PSX 2014 demo the AA used back then didn't cover shimmering on thin foliage nearly as well as the current AA technique.

Honestly, i don't see any reflection but even if you are right, it's quite unimpressive visually because it means that really few particles are reflected to the point that i can't even see them.

Moreover, i suppose those gifs are from the PC version ?

You can see some particles jump up, but the reflection resolution might have more to do with what particles you see reflected.

Foliage and water are great in this game. Rocks are usually not so good.

https://abload.de/img/uncharted4_athiefsendwuytp.jpg

Is there really so much bloom and overexposed brightness in real life? Nate's head is too bright, and the rest of the image has too much bloom. It's like they applied some kind of grainy, over-bright and bloom effect on top of the image.

It's supposed to be humid air due to the waterfalls is my best guess

For reference, humid areas in rainforests (in real life)

Cloud_forest_mount_kinabalu.jpg

2366c1dc95fdbd0fd4579090f794a880.jpg
Yes, but it's only photographs of forests. So a substantially modified version of the real thing; A stylized version of a forest.

it's not how we really see vegetation in real life.

It looks a lot like how I see a rainforest in real life given similar weather conditions. What do you think is off?

DOF + grainy aspect of the fog.
dude, I know you dont like blur, hell I dont either.
but heres something you can try
look at some text in the distance eg a roadsign, you can read it, correct.
Now move your head just a few degree's away and focus on that point,
you can see the sign correct? YES
can you read it? NO
why not? ITS BLURRY

Take a minute or hour to think about this, how little of our FOV is actually in focus

dude, I know you dont like blur, hell I dont either.

Had it not been too late here, for that you'd get an Xzibit meme with "yo dawg we heard you like blur so we put some blur in your blur so you can blur while yo blur"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back