Trials Fusion [PS4, XO]

Does the pc version support msaa? :smile:
No MSAA, but we are investigating adding a better post process AA filter for a patch later. MSAA has a big performance cost on modern rendering pipelines (deferred shading + lost of post process steps), and it still cannot handle transparencies that well (and does nothing for shader based aliasing). Unfortunately on PC, you cannot access the GPU multisample compression structures (as the compression algorithms are hardware specific). This would allow creation of much better AA filters at a very small extra cost. Maybe Mantle allows this, but it isn't supported yet by wide enough range of hardware.

onedrive is blocked at work, but I found this when searching Ninja Difficulty.

INSANE

Trials is the ultimate skill game. So great. The only game that I can sit and watch other people play.

:LOL: I want a gif of the bail out. "Almost there... yep.. yep... waaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

wth @ 36s.

I was trying to figure out if that was intentional or not. Pretty nuts.

I've seen a friend do that unintentionally once, does seem like something you could do. Video certaintly shows that this game can be mastered, and I am making some progress myself. I need 4 more medals to unlock the Master trial for unlocking the Master level tracks, got through Expert relatively smoothly. Will go back and see if I can get through some of those tracks with a little fewer fails ;)

INSANE

Trials is the ultimate skill game. So great. The only game that I can sit and watch other people play.
Oh my.... effin' goD! I have ever seen anything quite like that -or maybe I am new at this-. It's so crazy... good. Congrats to the guy who played like that.

Watching videos like that makes me want to buy the game, but I will wait 'cos I want to play it properly when I find the time to play it before other games and not having it taking dust.

The game is so tempting, I remember the rivalry with a friend in the X360 version of the previous game, the competition was memorable. Dunno how people like Arwin and others manage to play the game like a breeze though. It's no walk in the park.

Question: What happened that there isn't a PS3 version?

It doesn't happen without some effort ... :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=791736980836387

So great. The crash before the finish line at 3:13 is the best. Trials is an odd game, because it never gets frustrating for me. I can hit the crash limit of 500 and still have fun. Learning how to climb over obstacles was probably the hardest part of the game, but it was always enjoyable. The instant restart at checkpoint has a lot to do with that.

INSANE

Wow, that makes Mega Man 1 and the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros 2 look like a cakewalk.

Wow, that makes Mega Man 1 and the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros 2 look like a cakewalk.

I know. I love it, because it's so hard without any of the frustration of those old games. Easy to play, hard to master. Trials was maybe my favourite 360 exclusive, and now everybody gets to play, which is awesome.

You just really have to remember to think properly about what the game asks of you. These tutorials have really helped, in that regard. It makes me remember that these are important skills, and whenever I'm stuck, I have to remind myself to apply them.

After getting to the hard level I think I'm done. I don't have the patience to restart the same jump 25 times. I'm glad I didn't buy the $40 version, there is no way I would be able to complete the DLC if it is as hard. I guess I was hoping for more racing and less technical bunny hopping stuff. I just wanted to fly through the air and land big jumps, but that seems to be very little of the game.

After getting to the hard level I think I'm done. I don't have the patience to restart the same jump 25 times. I'm glad I didn't buy the $40 version, there is no way I would be able to complete the DLC if it is as hard. I guess I was hoping for more racing and less technical bunny hopping stuff. I just wanted to fly through the air and land big jumps, but that seems to be very little of the game.
That's the challenge. Hardcore players hate the tracks with big jumps and high speed, and demand more technical tracks. Players new to the series demand exactly the opposite :???:

That's the challenge. Hardcore players hate the tracks with big jumps and high speed, and demand more technical tracks. Players new to the series demand exactly the opposite :???:
Provide both! ;) The game I'm working on, I'm planning to offer two concurrent branches - one more action focussed and one more realtime strategy based. Originally I was focussed on the strategy side but I appreciate there'll be plenty of people wanting a simple action game, so if I can reach them, I'll try.

It'd be easy to offer a set of racing tracks alongside a set of trick tracks and reach the widest number of players. They'd be a lot easy to make too!

Back