War Thunder [PS4]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
http://gamingbolt.com/war-thunder-interview-ps4-version-map-size-plane-customization-and-new-content

Rashid Sayed: We’re seeing a lot of primarily PC-based games heading over the PS4. How much easier was it to bring War Thunder to the PS4?

Alexander Trifonov: We got the devkits in a couple of months before Gamescom, and we created playable demo for the show with little difficulty. Overall, it was far easier than with current generation.

Rashid Sayed: Is there any difference between the PS4 and PC version of the game?

Alexander Trifonov: Basically, the game is the same on both platforms (except interface and controls, of course). PS4 version will get the same updates as PC, because one of the main features of War Thunder is cross-platform battles between all users. You can even use your existing account on PS4 and get all your levels, planes, upgrades, etc.

Rashid Sayed: How are you guys using the unified architecture of the PS4 to bring complex aerodynamic simulations?

Alexander Trifonov: PS4 is a very powerful gaming machine thanks to its closed architecture, and every day our dev team is getting better with it. This includes aerodynamics, physics, damage model and many other complex calculations. Thanks to our game being online, we can continuously improve the optimization of our engine to achieve maximum performance.

This is one game I will be downloading the day I get the ps4(god knows when it will come to my area). Its been too long since we flew something sexy. Gta V can tide me over till then with it splane missions.

These are the developers of Birds of Steel and IL2 Sturmovik (right?) They got the awesomesauce when it comes to planes !!!

Back