The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

The tearing level is very strange in the ps3 demo. Sometimes appears in places where there isn't before . In the first enemies armed encountered for example is never appears to me & in the final part only whether activeted the detective mode or leaves 5 enemies moves in the screen. Probably because it's a demo .:???:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive work, performance (and visuals for that matter) is great on the PC as well. Looks like Epic have done some great optimisation work (especially with their PS3 code) on the engine since its early iterations and that the dev team really made the most of it as well.
I think depending of the team who works with the ue3 on the ps3 than epic optimisation (however I don't know whether epic has done an recent update on the ps3), some developer does a good use & others ... well.....

Very impressive work, performance (and visuals for that matter) is great on the PC as well. Looks like Epic have done some great optimisation work (especially with their PS3 code) on the engine since its early iterations and that the dev team really made the most of it as well.

I'm noticing that in the final, big, open area in the demo there's a fair amount of tearing in the PS3 code and next to none on 360. That said, the general darkness and gloom does hide a lot of it. I'll be interesting to see what other environments there are in the final game and how they affect performance.

It is clear however that the PS3 performance of UE3 here is a clear cut above the last two UE3 crossplatform games I have looked at, namely Wheelman and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I'm noticing that in the final, big, open area in the demo there's a fair amount of tearing in the PS3 code and next to none on 360. That said, the general darkness and gloom does hide a lot of it. I'll be interesting to see what other environments there are in the final game and how they affect performance.

It is clear however that the PS3 performance of UE3 here is a clear cut above the last two UE3 crossplatform games I have looked at, namely Wheelman and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
I don't know but maybe because it's a demo :???: the vsync on the ps3 have too much bizarre 'anomalies' imho; Depending of enemies numbers & its animations. Example: when the prisoner takes an hostage & only he walk, tearing appears or in the final part, when enemies are 5 & they are in a particular area or different of its original position tearing here again or when are alerted, and so on . When the variables changes vsync shows problems on the ps3 demo.

I see the DF comparison is up now, nice.

Grandmaster, if you're going to be adding the PC version to the full comparison you might want to know that you can cap the framerate to 30fps quite easily.Its quite handy because the PhysX effects definitely have a large impact on performance so you won't be maintaining 60fps if you want the graphics absolutely maxed with good resolution on a single GPU setup. To use the cap just add the following to the end of UserEngine.ini:

Me said:
[Engine.GameEngine]
bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=30.000000
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30.000000

UserEngine.ini is found in: My Documents > Eidos > Batman Arkham Asylum Demo > BmGame > Config

Could you try the 1080p mode of Full Auto 2? Performance was utterly dreadful from my experience.

It seems really bizarre they didn't lock the framerate at 30fps in the 720p mode, such variability in a racing game is insanely off putting.

No 1080p Capture Tool

Back