The Crew [PS4, XO]

Crew open beta starts tomorrow. Seems to be the same as the recent closed beta of you are unsure of the game like I was I suggest you get in on it. While not completely blown away by it I was pleasantly surprised. I'll probably end up buying it.

It's running from tomorrow until Friday, the closed beta got extended so this might to.

Crew open beta starts tomorrow. Seems to be the same as the recent closed beta of you are unsure of the game like I was I suggest you get in on it. While not completely blown away by it I was pleasantly surprised. I'll probably end up buying it.

It's running from tomorrow until Friday, the closed beta got extended so this might to.
Damnit I just downgraded my net plan to save money thinking there is nothing more to download. Well, anyways there are too many games to play.

Ok, so i did a little bit of reading, saw a few videos, is this burnout done sloppy and then Ubi´d to hell? (is it true there is unlockable towers to open up the map.. yes rly?)

if i remember correctly in the beta, towers show you activities in the surroundings, but you can explore the whole map without having to find those towers.

This is TDU with passable vehicle handling + some Ubisoft dude brah story missions. It's almost nothing like Burnout which was focused on crashes and shorter races. This game is about exploration and long drives.

The "towers" are just spots on the map that if you find will cause markers for events to show on the map. You do not climb them or anything. Not really any different than any game where you have to reach a point to open up missions.

Cheers

if i remember correctly in the beta, towers show you activities in the surroundings, but you can explore the whole map without having to find those towers.

Sounds a bit like other UBI games, thanks for the replies guys, sounds like a major AAA title that will be cheap fast.

The auto-selection of mission GPS waypoints and subsequent nagging about going the "wrong way" is driving me crazy. Not sure if it is a bug or if I just have not figured out the process to disable them but I have cleared the waypoint so I can freedrive only to have it re-select itself. Cut scenes are a plague in this game, you can skip them but it delays things while they load and you have to skip them every time - even when immediately retrying the same race. Also finding that the pop-up events (slalom, jumps, etc.) are often not playable using dash view due to not being able to see markers. I failed repeatedly one event due to it veering off into a field where wheat obscured the markers unless you were in 3rd person view. Also had the game auto-add people to my crew because I accepted a "quick co-op".

"Watch Dogs" gameplay makes an appearance here - there are pylon icons scattered around that if you find tells you about the location and gives some credits.

Missions are too difficult too early. The dirt chase mission ("just a nudge" I think it was called) is unchanged from both betas and still utterly frustrating. They should have axed the entire prologue and the game would be much better for it.

Haven't got a feel yet for whether microtransactions are going to be invasive or not. This makes me nervous though. . .

Cheers

I'd love to read a post-mortem on this game. The odd mix of annoying and awesome makes it seem like there were conflicting directions from management or possibly an attempt to do too much. That said, it's mostly tweaks and improvements on the TDU principles (which is what I personally was hoping for) and thankfully the microtransaction side of things seems to be designed primarily for long term players (as in 50+ hours) not wanting to have to grind lower level cars. Due to how levelling works, there is not that much motivation to collect multple vehicles (it is a class based RPG as opposed to a GTA hoarding game). Instead you just spec out the few rides you like. Fast travel does not cost in game currency if you have travelled to the area previously. The only time it costs money is if you use air / train stations and you would only need to do that a handful of times anyway if you were impatient (and even then would only cost a small amount). I get the feeling that somewhere along the way the microtransaction angle got nerfed which is good.

Most of the time the game is a lot of fun, especially with other players. Very much Skyrim with cars (and plenty of pumpkins).

Cheers

This thing says graphics overhaul ! what does that mean for the old game? Is this an expansion? is it for all season pass owners? The crew is 50% off on PSN till today and I feel the inkling to try it out finally.

Maybe a gfx patch releasing at the same time as the expansion ?
Yea, the website says the gfx patch is for all previous owners too.

Is the game fun? Ppl were very divided when it launched. One can get a cheap copy these days, around $25 here, but not that cheap. But if its gonna get an overhaul might be better to get while its still cheap cos I don't see any good racer coming in the near future on the ps4

If you liked test drive unlimited 1 or 2 you'll probably like it.

Plenty do to as you're driving from race to race but you can easily skip the driving part if you have 'discovered' the area.

Sometime I ask myself if all that non usa stuff really exist or is just an invention to sell geography books or a conspiracy like vaccines and psychiatry

Back