Team Radeon: new ATi enthusiasts site.

digitalwanderer said:
I dunno, I think there is a niche for vendor fansites like Team Radeon....it's how I got into the boards.

People new to the boards won't hit up a general hardware site, it's too intimidating....but a nice friendly fansite for the shiny new $400 viddy card you picked up is too good to pass up.

As for nVnews: no, I'm banned over there too. :rolleyes: MikeC made me invisible for about a week which pissed me the f-word off (basically put me on the whole site's ignore list without telling me) and I was officially banned.

That makes Rage3D, nVnews, Driver Heaven, [H]ardOCP, Guru3D, and RageUnderground....I think that's the whole list. (Although I feel I'm missing one somewhere...no biggy. ;) )

For awhile there, it was kinda disturbing because it seemed that every board I went to.... you were already there... :oops: :LOL:

You're both right, they didn't have any e-mail activation for the first few days but after sustaining an attack from MastaBeta they instigated e-mail confirmation to screen out another wave of crudity. (MastaBeta=the forum started up by some R3D members who wanted to be able to make their own rules, basically the extreme/banned from Rage3D openend up their own anarchial forum.)

That's quite a collection of bannings there DW, from both sides of the spectrum as well ..wear them with pride ! :D

To quote Oscar Wilde " The only thing worse than being banned is not being banned " , or maybe " Every good man should spend some time in prison " ... or sumthink.

I just read a PM from a mod on rage3d saying not to pick on hellbinder, but he posted it in Mar 2003 and I just read it. I sent him a reply saying I had calmed down now :)

In regards to nvnews, I was surprised Hellbinder was banned as well, before Yes, but I am not sure why then, maybe the last straw. You also DW, seems strange putting you on a wide ignore list. These webmasters are funny folk, powwa mad muthas ! At least they can't invade Poland or do any real harm, prolly for the best ...

I think nvnews is getting better to be honest, seems the pressue is switching to rage3d now, I think the mood changes in step with how the video cards are doing, just with a slightly trailing phase.

PatrickL said:
Nvnews is now an Nvidiot only forum. Not a better forum unless obviously you fell more comfortable with that :)

I feel neither comfortable with that, or with your bland generalisation that is wrong Patrick.

dizietsma said:
PatrickL said:
Nvnews is now an Nvidiot only forum. Not a better forum unless obviously you fell more comfortable with that :)

I feel neither comfortable with that, or with your bland generalisation that is wrong Patrick.
That's no generalisation, that's an opinion or an observation and one that I tend to agree with lately.

The place has just gotten sad IMHO. :(

digitalwanderer said:
dizietsma said:
PatrickL said:

That's no generalisation, that's an opinion or an observation and one that I tend to agree with lately.

The place has just gotten sad IMHO. :(

nvnews is the yin to rage3d's yang.... I try to keep my visits to both as short as possible :)

dizietsma said:
PatrickL said:

Perhaps you need to look at how the mods have been acting these days. There is no discussion with both sides, there's only one now, they are taking the fact that they are a nvidia fansite very seriously when it comes to people not praising nvidia or questioning them and/or arguing with other posters no matter if they are right or wrong, if you do they will ban you and ask you what you're doing on a nvidia fansite not being a complete fan to nvidia

Well, if trolling is what your call discussion. Sure NvNews is a place of Nv fans, but generalization is always harsh IMSO.

Well, it certianly seems to me that Mike and the mods are somewhat jumpy there. Mike certainly lept to some odd conclusions when I posted there and he'd incorrectly interpreted my post. I also saw another thread about the Far Cry performance where one X800 owner was suggesting that something wasn't quite right with the anand numbers and Mike shot back "You're trying too hard here" - of course, the guy was proved to be right. This was in the only two threads I've looked at over there in a long time. While I can't say if all the threads are like this, it seems that any differing opinion is shot down, to the point where even logic doesn't seem to be given a fair say. (Of course, these posts appear to have since been removed - I'm also still getting replies via the email system in the thread I participated in which don't actually turn up in the thread, indicating that these are removed as well - however the email warning give the ful text of the reply)

I can agree with Dave there. I stopped reading NVNews a few months back - at the time it was just because I realised I was trawling through too many message boards just for the sake of it so I cut back and stuck with B3D.

I looked at NVN yesterday and I think I must have read the same two threads as Dave (the one about Humus' technique and the one about the SM3.0 in FarCry). Any balance has certainly disappeared and there seemed to be far too many personal attacks on Dave and Humus.

You missed one thing that me laugh some time ago and removed now: the sticky "where to buy a 6800" in the Other cards forum ;)

I think it's fairly obvious why this happens, nVidia are back in the picture with a card that can compete. nvnews could be fair over the last 18 months, because being fair simply consisteted of admitting what everyone already knew: ATI had the better card.

Now that the race is tight again, nvnews can do what it does best: pimp nVidia.

I agree with the majority here...... but what did you expect from a place named 'nVNews? ;) I very seldom go there anymore, same with Rage3D.

At least they don't claim to be " fair and unbiased"? :rolleyes:

Digi, absolute certainty is everyone's enemy. I hope you have learned it from your multi-kill-perma-banning experience.

Humility protect us from our mistakes ;)

Back