Team Radeon: new ATi enthusiasts site.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Yup. They posted up an announcement over at EB about it and since I was bored and have been perma-banned at that other ATi site I figured I'd give it a shot.

I like it, it's nice. It uses the same board software as here and EB and the staff seems to have an easy going attitude and a lot of interest in all things ATi.

You can check their site out at www.teamradeon.com , or do as Dig does and just go straight to their forums.

New is good, variety is good; not being perma-banned and being able to hang with all me ATi buds is excellent! 8)

thanks for the heads up :)

I could always use another tech related forum to spend my summer days reading/posting at :D

it looks nice but no forums (at least none i can find ) and not much info.

It will be great in a month or two i suspect

digitalwanderer said:
http://www.teamradeon.com/forum/index.php

I couldn't find the Team Radeon Forums either from their mainpage, but they provided me with a link over at EB when I mentioned it. :)

Um there's a big tab that says Forum at the top of their main page. Or was that not there when you posted?

digitalwanderer said:
Yup. They posted up an announcement over at EB about it and since I was bored and have been perma-banned at that other ATi site I figured I'd give it a shot.

I like it, it's nice. It uses the same board software as here and EB and the staff seems to have an easy going attitude and a lot of interest in all things ATi.

You can check their site out at www.teamradeon.com , or do as Dig does and just go straight to their forums.

New is good, variety is good; not being perma-banned and being able to hang with all me ATi buds is excellent! 8)

How can you be banned Dig ! You makes any forum alive :?

RainZ

ANova said:
What did you do to get Perma-banned Digi? :LOL:
Hellbinder said:
You got perma-banned from Rage3d??? :?: :?: :?

What on earth did you do?
rainz said:
<sigh>

I got really pissed over a stupid condescending thread by MonkeyNutz "forgiving" everyone who was on his ignore list and removing them. (Which was about half of the active posters at R3D!)

I got mad and did something stupid. :oops: I decided that I didn't want to be off of MonkeyNutz ignore list so I let him know how I felt about him in no uncertain terms. (And broke quite a few of R3D's posting rules in the process, it was a fair ban in retrospect once I calmed down a few days later)

I've always felt that MonkeyNut had been dragging R3D down all last year and I was tired of no one doing anything about it. I was convinced in my own mind that he would alter Rage3D further until it was no longer the place I loved and I was a bit miffed that none of the staff had dealt with it, so I decided that I had to.

I figured I could get banned over it, but in me role as self-appointed supermod over there I also figured I had no choice.

So I snapped and cursed the bugger out and told him in detail how I felt about him, I think it finally devolved into me just posting up:
"I HATE YOU AND WANT YOU DEAD!!! DIE!!! DIE!!! DIE!!!!", to just about anything he tried to say to me. (This was after I explained what a condescending wanker he was and listed out me grievances against him a bit more rationally...but not much. The hostility had been building for a year, when it blew it BLEW!)

"No names, but there is a mod with a stick up his ass" is the thread over at EB where I rant about getting perma-banned, and "An open apology to Rage3D staff and members." where I apologize to all the R3D mods I cursed out in the previous thread. :oops:

For the record, don't mess with Hanners even if you're his buddy. He didn't just perma-ban me, he perma-banned God too. :oops: (But I still loves Hanners to pieces anyways, it was my own fault and I forced him into it....but I did get miffed for a couple of days.)

BTW-I don't have anger issues/problems in real-life, just online....I figure it's better to keep it there. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
ANova said:
Hellbinder said:

rainz said:
<sigh>

I got really pissed over a stupid condescending thread by MonkeyNutz "forgiving" everyone who was on his ignore list and removing them. (Which was about half of the active posters at R3D!)

I got mad and did something stupid. :oops: I decided that I didn't want to be off of MonkeyNutz ignore list so I let him know how I felt about him in no uncertain terms. (And broke quite a few of R3D's posting rules in the process, it was a fair ban in retrospect once I calmed down a few days later)

I've always felt that MonkeyNut had been dragging R3D down all last year and I was tired of no one doing anything about it. I was convinced in my own mind that he would alter Rage3D further until it was no longer the place I loved and I was a bit miffed that none of the staff had dealt with it, so I decided that I had to.

I figured I could get banned over it, but in me role as self-appointed supermod over there I also figured I had no choice.

So I snapped and cursed the bugger out and told him in detail how I felt about him, I think it finally devolved into me just posting up:
"I HATE YOU AND WANT YOU DEAD!!! DIE!!! DIE!!! DIE!!!!", to just about anything he tried to say to me. (This was after I explained what a condescending wanker he was and listed out me grievances against him a bit more rationally...but not much. The hostility had been building for a year, when it blew it BLEW!)

"No names, but there is a mod with a stick up his ass" is the thread over at EB where I rant about getting perma-banned, and "An open apology to Rage3D staff and members." where I apologize to all the R3D mods I cursed out in the previous thread. :oops:

For the record, don't mess with Hanners even if you're his buddy. He didn't just perma-ban me, he perma-banned God too. :oops: (But I still loves Hanners to pieces anyways, it was my own fault and I forced him into it....but I did get miffed for a couple of days.)

BTW-I don't have anger issues/problems in real-life, just online....I figure it's better to keep it there. ;)

:eek: Great story Thx ! ;)

RainZ

Yeah great story, does that mean you are not banned at nvnews but are at Rage3d ?? If so then that is the most amazing thing ever ..heh heh :D

In regards to the new site it looks fine but it is 100% ATI and to me that really annoys me ( but not as much as Monekynuts annoyed Mr Wanderer )

I prefer sites which are biased one way or another, to greater or lesser extent, but give you news about everything, ie nvnews.net, EB and even here, though of course this is not as biased as nvnews for example, obviously.

Having JUST ati news is like living in a commune or in orwells 1984.

I dunno, I think there is a niche for vendor fansites like Team Radeon....it's how I got into the boards.

People new to the boards won't hit up a general hardware site, it's too intimidating....but a nice friendly fansite for the shiny new $400 viddy card you picked up is too good to pass up.

As for nVnews: no, I'm banned over there too. :rolleyes: MikeC made me invisible for about a week which pissed me the f-word off (basically put me on the whole site's ignore list without telling me) and I was officially banned.

That makes Rage3D, nVnews, Driver Heaven, [H]ardOCP, Guru3D, and RageUnderground....I think that's the whole list. (Although I feel I'm missing one somewhere...no biggy. ;) )

digitalwanderer said:
ANova said:
Hellbinder said:

rainz said:
<sigh>

For some reason, I think I know how you got a heart-attack. :) Then again, I may be wrong. :)

pat777 said:
For some reason, I think I know how you got a heart-attack. :) Then again, I may be wrong. :)
You're wrong, it was because I was trying to jog alongside my kids trying to teach them to ride a bike...then struggling to keep up as they freaking flew for about a mile down the local bikepath. :oops:

Just an old out-o-shape guy who smoked too much over-exerting himself, nothing to do with viddy card related stress. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I dunno, I think there is a niche for vendor fansites like Team Radeon....it's how I got into the boards.

People new to the boards won't hit up a general hardware site, it's too intimidating....but a nice friendly fansite for the shiny new $400 viddy card you picked up is too good to pass up.

As for nVnews: no, I'm banned over there too. :rolleyes: MikeC made me invisible for about a week which pissed me the f-word off (basically put me on the whole site's ignore list without telling me) and I was officially banned.

That makes Rage3D, nVnews, Driver Heaven, [H]ardOCP, Guru3D, and RageUnderground....I think that's the whole list. (Although I feel I'm missing one somewhere...no biggy. ;) )
Yup... I got banned at Nvnew also. Which was really really WIERD. I Honestly dont think i had posted anything very controversial there for months. Best i can figure is he got a phat check from Nvidia and booted everyone and anyone who even hinted at forcing those guys to at least TRY and be intellectually honest.

Oh well.. Its gotten Flat out rediculous there since everyone got tossed. Nv40 basically posts one outlandish, misleading, nonfactual post after the next and everyone else follows suit. It has gotten far worse than even Rage3d imo.

Tamradeon and here are the only places i hang out now. Even then I am spending less and less time on any forums... or really caring at all about the subject of 3D anymore.

Well now ... i only visited once before today (just browsed) and what do i find out when i got there again today. I'm banned from the forum :?:

Back