Team Radeon: new ATi enthusiasts site.

Martillo1 said:
Digi, absolute certainty is everyone's enemy. I hope you have learned it from your multi-kill-perma-banning experience.

Humility protect us from our mistakes ;)
Fortunately I'm WAAAAY too pigheaded to learn from me mistakes. 8)

I dunno, given the nature of my posting I don't find it too surprising that I end up getting banned at a few places....the thing I find amazing is that I'm NOT banned everywhere! :LOL:

Besides, most of the places that banned me were right to ban me and I was wrong....I have no dellusions about that. It's just when a place gets to the point that my posts become a bannable offense I probably am better off not posting there anymore. :)

Mendel said:
seems a bit too biased to my liking... and I'm an ATi enthusiastic!
Yeah, I'm finding myself turned-off to any fansites lately....there is enough bias out there without trying to add more!

I'm an ATi enthusiast lately, but that's just because I like their product/company better; not out of any "fan" loyalty.

I think I prefer the more generic hardware sites where you're welcome to have an opinion that goes either way, provided you can back that opinion up with a couple of facts. ;)

Well ,if I was in charge of nvnews forums it would be run differently but I still contend that it is not just for dumb nvidiots and there is some good stuff going on over there, Chris Ray's IQ tests being a good example.

Compared to Rage3d and the anti nvidia threads there is little Ati bashing going on, most posts being made at present being of the nature that cards are limited in regards to numbers available to buy.

dizietsma said:
Well ,if I was in charge of nvnews forums it would be run differently but I still contend that it is not just for dumb nvidiots and there is some good stuff going on over there, Chris Ray's IQ tests being a good example.

Compared to Rage3d and the anti nvidia threads there is little Ati bashing going on, most posts being made at present being of the nature that cards are limited in regards to numbers available to buy.
Oh.. you mean all the fair accurate posts being made over there like the numerous posts by Nv40.. Making statements like.. "X800 can not do displacement mapping no matter how many times some of you say it".. Yeah thats really Brillinat stuff. :rolleyes: This is one of the guys more polite statements and just as Wrong as can be. The thing is posters there believe this rubbish because no one is there to counter it.

That Forum is being lead by a few Key Nvidia elitests whith Virtually NO CLUE what they are actually talking about. Whenever someone goes there and posts a counter point or Tries to correct the total Rubbish and false information (some of it blatantly intentionally misleading) they Get BANED almost instantly.

I dont know what you are reading at Rage3d. I dont see that kind of thing going on over there. In fact More and more people there are making Posotive posts about the 6800. Because Frankly its a pretty nice piece of hardware.

Hellbinder said:
I dont know what you are reading at Rage3d. I dont see that kind of thing going on over there. In fact More and more people there are making Posotive posts about the 6800. Because Frankly its a pretty nice piece of hardware.

This is true; at least in the forums I moderate (all the Radeon-related ones) I never censor people, whatever vendor they prefer. Preferring ATI cards is a whole different thing than being *biased* towards ATI, and over at Rage3D we are the former.

Kombatant said:
Preferring ATI cards is a whole different thing than being *biased* towards ATI, and over at Rage3D we are the former.

In reality it is pretty hard to distinguish preference from bias. However, bias does seem to involve more irrational judgement.

I don't think fan sites should apologize for being bent one way or the other. The problem is that having a fan site for a video card (company) is kinda stupid to begin with :p

trinibwoy said:
In reality it is pretty hard to distinguish preference from bias. However, bias does seem to involve more irrational judgement.

Well you do tend to distinguish when you hear counter-arguments like "STFU ATI/nVIDIA R0XX0RZ and j00 suck!!1!" :p

Hellbinder said:
dizietsma said:

Oh.. you mean all the fair accurate posts being made over there like the numerous posts by Nv40.. Making statements like.. "X800 can not do displacement mapping no matter how many times some of you say it".. Yeah thats really Brillinat stuff. :rolleyes: This is one of the guys more polite statements and just as Wrong as can be. The thing is posters there believe this rubbish because no one is there to counter it.

That Forum is being lead by a few Key Nvidia elitests whith Virtually NO CLUE what they are actually talking about. Whenever someone goes there and posts a counter point or Tries to correct the total Rubbish and false information (some of it blatantly intentionally misleading) they Get BANED almost instantly.

OF
This 'dizietsma' guy is a simple little agent provocateur, as he proved couple of times (both here and there), with little or zero knowledge so I wouldn't waste any keyboard type... ;)

trinibwoy said:
Kombatant said:
Preferring ATI cards is a whole different thing than being *biased* towards ATI, and over at Rage3D we are the former.

Main problem IMO is rather the half-educated but very self-confident "costumer" - as I've experienced it many times recently, once even here... :oops: :cry:

Back