Star Wars: Squadrons (EA) [XO, PS4, PC, VR]

Steam page is up.

Supports index , vive , oculus and kehboard/mouse + game pad , no info on flight sticks

Pre-order* STAR WARS™: Squadrons now to get cosmetic items for your New Republic and Imperial pilots and starfighters:
  • New Republic Recruit Flight Suit (Epic)
  • Imperial Ace Flight Suit (Epic)
  • New Republic Recruit Starfighter Skins (Rare)
  • Imperial Ace Starfighter Skins (Rare)
  • New Republic Recruit Decal (Common)
  • Imperial Ace Decal (Common)
Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience STAR WARS™: Squadrons. Buckle up, feel the adrenaline of first-person multiplayer space dogfights alongside your squadron, and learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling STAR WARS™ single-player campaign.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview

Cross play is confirmed

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview/pc-system-requirements

commended (non-VR) / Minimum (VR)
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 480 or Equivalent
  • Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1060 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11
  • Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard Drive Space: 30GB
Recommended (VR)
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Processor (Intel): Intel I7-7700
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 570 or Equivalent
  • Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 1070 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11
  • Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard Drive Space: 30GB

Its live , looks good so far but I am waiting for game play

They said 5 pilots 1 squadron . So is it a battle royal ? we will find more at EA's event

Geoff has to wait a few minutes till he can give more details, He said it was a cinematic in engine footage and hopefully Thur we see in game

The graphics on Geoff Keighley's face got downgraded though. His skin shader has aged a lot.

Any recommended HOTAS setups for amateurs/intro beginners hardware that will be a good fit ?

Tested hands on in vr

Tested to hotas or not to hotas
"This week, Jeremy and Norm are joined by former colleague Dan Stapleton, the Executive Editor of Reviews at IGN. We talk about the review process for the upcoming Star Wars: Squadrons and break down our thoughts of the game as the review embargo lifts. Plus, more Marvel tv show news, an incredible Mandalorian playset, and Amazon's drone security camera. Thanks to Dan for guesting on the show!"

Pretty good game. Does feel like a simplified and modernized XVT. Works well on a controller, I don’t have a HOTAS to test.
Online is pretty good, not sure how to stop people who turret just by going slower and slower until you’re almost at a dead stand still. I guess this is where you rely on teammates to smoke them.

@Karamazov
@iroboto
Is it better than Rogue leader on Gamecube?
never played Rogue Leader on GC.

Most of my star wars flight sim experience is all X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.

Overall, if you've played any of those titles, I'd say fairly close in feel. A little more action oriented and a little less sim, but more or less it checks the major boxes for most of it.

it's better in the sense of immersion, it's really like that Battflefront VR mission released in 2016, but into a full game.
I wish there was some Ground missions on planets surface, but for now it's all been in space, or in the cloud of a Gas giant.

Back