Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Seemed quite empty. I'd like to see more density like in this video:

(3m0s)

Also a bigger and more open Hoth map would be great.

That look cool, but the air combat looks confined to a plane almost. Battlefront is very 3D, the fighting space is huge.

That look cool, but the air combat looks confined to a plane almost.
It has limited verticality, but that's likely for gameplay reasons. Having to search 360 degrees around in all three axis can lead to lots of time trying to find someone to shoot. If you limit vertical motion, the player spends more time with a fighter in their crosshairs (and vice versa).
..as well as Battlefront is very 3D, the fighting space is huge.
Huge fighting spaces without enough combatants leads to boring encounters. ;)

You die pretty quickly in fighter squadron mode, player count is OK i guess, but i would like to see more "bad aiming"AI ships just for the spectacle.
Oh And a map taking place on a planet and just under a big super destroyer as a "ceiling", would bring some independance day movie memories.

You die pretty quickly in fighter squadron mode, player count is OK i guess, but i would like to see more "bad aiming"AI ships just for the spectacle.
Oh And a map taking place on a planet and just under a big super destroyer as a "ceiling", would bring some independance day movie memories.

It has limited verticality, but that's likely for gameplay reasons. Having to search 360 degrees around in all three axis can lead to lots of time trying to find someone to shoot. If you limit vertical motion, the player spends more time with a fighter in their crosshairs (and vice versa).
Huge fighting spaces without enough combatants leads to boring encounters. ;)

Well that isn't the case for Battlefront. The air combat is plenty dense. Enough space to maneuver but enough targets to make it constant action. My video was me flying to the boundries to see the new map, mostly avoiding combat. You can also go down low near the surface to pick up powerups at the risk of crashing.

This video shows more of the combat (ignore the cutscene like editing)

So this game went from being fun and functional to being completely broken with the last update on the PC.

What an impressively incompetent company DICE is.

Why? What changed? Have they nuked the gameplay (thus ruining everyone's purchase assuming everyone hates the changes) or just introduced bugs?

Matchmaking issues. Getting into a game is now an issue as is finding games
Nerfs/changes without reasons which leads to the next point
No detailed patchnotes (that I've seen so far)
A WIngs which have been widely considered over powered continue to be. It's so bad people will abandon the play modes with A wings if they're not on the right side
Certain maps are a guaranteed win for one side. Like you can be down on teammates and still guarantee a win
new found crashes (game had none of this before)

I'm just puzzled how they managed this.

I guess like the Battlefield series it has such amazing potential because at times, it's truly an unparalleled experience but by the time they'll get around to getting things working right, the community will be reduced to just a few hardcore players, similar to battlefield. They'll never get CoD, titanfall and Halo like success and its' really due to their own fault. This was their chance to really shake it up with a new franchise that looks miles better than anything else out there, is based off a very popular world and yet still they are plagued with the same issues that have held the BF series back for so long.

CoD gameplay is essentially Quake-like in that it hasn't evolved to...

Halo 5 is because of Halo 1 and 2 but this time it's braving the price of 60fps...

Titanfall was massively over-hyped. Its gameplay mechanics is a vertical Quake-like with vehicles while wall crawling and indestructible walls...

Out of the three you mentioned only Halo pushed gameplay mechanics via 3d engine advancements.

I don't want to diminish CoD as that series has evolved somewhat but Titanfall's success wasn't because of it's gameplay but rather hype train.

Battlefield 2 BC, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 have pushed both consoles and PCs in terms of gameplay mechanics but their scope is like as if Halo had been upgraded more than a decade ago to support 64 players online with vehicles and large maps.

Battlefront suffers from design choices...whatever the case and at best my estimate is the game will have it's SW community of casuals for a year...maybe two years and then it'll die out once DICE makes a Battlefront sequel.

The game is kinda bland...kinda boring...it is pretty as hell though...imagine that...I'm not even sure how a sequel would follow things but my personal preference is (and I don't know how) that DICE somehow pushes the maximum of current gen consoles and delive two Battlefront variants a casuals and a hardcore which offers the 64 players online with vehicles...and better animations...

Maybe it's a current dev tools limitations but seeing hardly much in game action animations is kinda weak...setting up a turret could be animated instead of it just "flips and pops on"

I kinda don't understand the guns over heating too much in SW...I mean...there's the Attack of the Clones scene and RotS Clone wars scenes as well as the CGi series...I would think these guns would take longer to over heat.

One other thing I really didn't like was how some gamers play online...many will get on vehicles and use them as suicide bombs to take out certain things...isn't there a penalty for doing that like an extended wait until respawn? How could this be acceptable even in arcadish arena FPS? I mean the flying fighters.

Also the engine is super duper advanced but the lack of physics destruction... (Battlefield 3 more was so hardcore)

Jihad buggies are a hallmark of the BF series. I blame al-Qaeda.

Apparently you either didn't watch or forgot about Return of the Jedi's A-Wing kamikaze into a Star Destroyer bridge scene. ;)

I meant more in the sense of videogames online rules which there are such rules to prevent cheap players or teams winning with no skills based gameplay.

The tactic can be used no problem but there has to be a reason like the guy sucks, misjudged error or was shot down and corrected.

Star Wars is about a jihadist factions wrecking the galaxy and killing billions in it's wake...yet gameplay mechanics in "casuals Battlefront" has to evolve a bit.

Later when they make a "hardcore Battlefront" the rules should be stricter.

I would guess most people on PC playing online games either moved to BF4 again or CS:GO but that's just a guess.

More people playing BF4 than Battlefront today at least (x3 times): http://bf4stats.com/

As it stands, players online right now CS:GO (250,248) > BF4 (10,066) > SWB (3,939) > BF3 (2 866) > BFH (791)

I actually like SWB. Much more so than BF4 (which I hardly play). I guess there is some unbalance issues they need to smooth out, but the gameplay is nearly flawless online.

Back