Sony Vita Games Thread

Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush if it's a launch title. Otherwise I'll probably just wait for it. One of the smaller PSN releases seems like a very likely purchase though. I really like how Escape Plan looks.
Other than that I'm not really in any rush considering February will be an exceptionally busy (and expensive) gaming month for me, even without the Vita. (FFXIII-2, RE Revelations, possibly Kingdoms of Amalur)

I heard that retail outlets didn't want too many games at launch day, for the Vita.
And they tought it were better to space out some releases, at first I laughed when I read it.

But when I saw a title like Unit 13 (a SCEA-developed title) is available at launch-day in Europe, while it's in the launch window in US, I figured it might be too much with 10+ launch-titles from Sony the publisher, if they also wanted to get room for third-party stuff aswell. :-/

Gravity Rush, and Escape Plan will launch as PSN exclusives, don't know if they come to retail later.

I think that's some strange choices, clearly those games are in higher demand from potential day one adopters than some of the other titles.
Shuhei Yoshida even said he agreed on Twitter (@yosp) that it (Grabvity Daze) should be in retail, but it were SCEE's decision, not his.

Escape-plan is launch-title in both territories.
But Gravity Rush were listed as a launch-window (not launch-day) game in US, so I guess it's perhaps, around early march. :-/

In the SCEE-blog, it were not clear when they announced the launch titles if Gravity Rush would come out at launch, they said they had more information on pricing and dates on the PSN only games, closer to the system's launch.

Since users can switch on/off Vita or swipe to other apps in the middle of a game (or after a race), the load time should not affect us too much.

I don't think the games will continue to load in the background if you multi-task while loading, when you initiate the, multitasking it freeze your game, create a solid-state save and place a thumnail for the game in it's Live-Area, pretty much instantaneously.
So when you get back to the area, and click the thumbnail, I think it will continue to load.

I only tought that Gameloft/Ubisoft-Hack'n slash RPG had really bad loading, likeit were running of a UMD or something.
All the other gameplay I had seen were pretty fast. :)

Havn't checked out Wipeout-loading yet tough.
I planned not to buy it, because it's allways gotten too hard for me, to quickly.
But I hear they've tried to make this more acceessible, and give you more different strategic choices with regards to your veihicle.

I don't think the games will continue to load in the background if you multi-task while loading, when you initiate the, multitasking it freeze your game, create a solid-state save and place a thumnail for the game in it's Live-Area, pretty much instantaneously.
So when you get back to the area, and click the thumbnail, I think it will continue to load.

Ah, I don't mean multi-tasking while the game loads. The game will suspend when the user moves away. But I meant after you complete a race, you can leave and come back later without quitting the game right ? We should not need to reload the entire game again to start another session.

Ahh.. I misunderstood you...
I tought you wanted to do other things, i.e. surf the web, while the game showed loading-screens. I tought you sounded incredible impatient.. :p
But if you don't quit the game, I agree, it allways goes superquick to jump back in, yes. :)

I've been looking at videos with custom sound and online party gaming, this morning.

I just saw Omniomga and PSvitals play Dark Quest Online while beeing in Party, with voice-chat.
(I linked to his youtube-channel in a previous message on page 3 here - PSVitals talks very low tough.)

When they fired up the game, they ran around abit, and I then saw first one more player jump in, for a minute or two, before he left, and then two other people jumped in afterward.
So they were four people playing, I only heard the two people in the party speaking tough. :)

That kind of loot-grind game is alot more fun in multiplayer than single-player, atleast the Untold Alliance, and Baldur's Gate (console) were.. :)
Most seemed to work pretty well, especially for beeing a launch gameloft-game..

But I did see something wich might be a problem, because this where a shared-screen-space in the multiplayer, when one person stops, the other people couldn't progress.
And they ran back at him, swinging at his form, no friendly hits tough..

I don't know if he were multitasking - or just stopped for a few seconds, but if it's the first, with no sort of idle timer to expell him from the match, I think it might be annoying for the rest of the players, if some douchebag joins.:)

I also saw a youtube video where someone else, tried out custom music, while playing..
It semmed to work fine in Marvel vs. Capcom - it also seemed to alter the volume of the ingame sound effects automaticly, so the sound effects suited with the custom song you had on.
You could also finetune it, in the game options.

Custom soundtracks paused when he ran a PSP-game , and used only ingame sound, when he multitasked back to the menu, the music-playlist kept playing from when he started the game, no loading.

On PSP devs could access and change the media-codec, and the dude on the video only had Monster Hunter tough, so it might be title to title.

But I think it will pause custom-soundtrack on all PSP-titles, while it will have custom soundtracks on all Vita-games.Unless the developers deactivate that, or if they write a entire new synth.

But I have no clue on this, I just read this interview with the manager in charge of creating the audio on Vita, when at work tonight. :p

In one video where they played Marvel vs. Capcom, they said what chatting with the built in microphone - you might pick up sound-effects from the other persons Vita tough.
I tried listening for it, but I didn't hear anything but the voice of the people and sound from original system, I assume that might be more noticeable especially if you play different games, while in a party.
They did say it didn't do that if you were pairing a bluetooth mike to it tough. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh.. I misunderstood you...
I tought you wanted to do other things, i.e. surf the web, while the game showed loading-screens. I tought you sounded incredible impatient.. :p
But if you don't quit the game, I agree, it allways goes superquick to jump back in, yes. :)

Yes, I think players will adapt to the long load time by simply leaving a game always on. I do that all the time on PSP.

When they fired up the game, they ran around abit, and I then saw first one more player jump in, for a minute or two, before he left, and then two other people jumped in afterward.
So they were four people playing, I only heard the two people in the party speaking tough. :)

That kind of loot-grind game is alot more fun in multiplayer than single-player, atleast the Untold Alliance, and Baldur's Gate (console) were.. :)
Most seemed to work pretty well, especially for beeing a launch gameloft-game..

Yes, I can see Dark Souls and Monster Hunter for Vita do well. :yes:

Even better if they throw in extras like geolocation, gifting, tips, DLCs, etc. to make mobile action RPG different (e.g., expand on Dark Soul's co-op and Drift Items concept).

EDIT:
I'm pondering over Gundam games too, like this one:
http://www.siliconera.com/tag/mobile-suit-gundam-seed-battle-destiny/

Game looks awesome I agree but those shots are photomode.

Eurogamer has a DF article up on Golden Abyss, and gametrailers has some footage of Unit 13, about which I'm hearing a lot of good things on podcasts, and the game looks really good (gameplaywise) on the gametrailers footage, in particular the co-op looks neat.

The long loading times are unfortunate, but I think I can deal. The loading times for Wipeout Pure on the PSP were pretty lengthy as well (especially when you raced on one of the downloadable tracks. This almost doubled the loading times), but Wipeout is a game where you generally spend a good deal of time on every single track, especially when failure starts to become more or less inevitable on the higher speed classes. Bring on Super Phantom!

The new Gust IP looks interesting too...

Ciel No Surge, Gust’s PlayStation Vita Game, Revealed
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/24/ciel-no-surge-gusts-playstation-vita-game-revealed/

The main character is a young girl named Ion (short for Ionasol) who lost her memory. In Ciel no Surge players will interact with her by selecting choices using the touch screen (reports state this is a "communication game") and there is a bar code reading function that connects to the world beyond. One of these bar codes is hidden in Gust’s teasers. The game also has online connectivity, but how Gust plans on using it has not been detailed.

Ion has light brown hair and is said to be the girl from the teaser art (pictured here). While Ion is in the kitchen you can select things like: cook, create a combo meal, soup, salad, and pastry. Other commands shown in the magazine are "lets do something together," "lets go to the dream world," and "need time to decide." Players will spend three years caring for Ion.

The game’s world is called La Ciel and there is song magic. Songs control the sun, which is dangerous in the world. Ciel no Surge takes place in a floating city called Coron.

Ar Tonelico Director Leading Ciel No Surge
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/24/ar-tonelico-director-leading-ciel-no-surge/

Akira Tsuchiya is the director of the upcoming PlayStation Vita title. Tsuchiya was also director of the Ar Tonelico series.

Ah, but it will have to take a number. :p

After Gravity Rush and SoundShapes, my eyes will be on Escape Plan, Rayman's Origins, Ciel No Surge and Sumioni.

PlayStation Vita Samurai & Dragons is Free to Play
http://andriasang.com/comzqu/samurai_dragon_free/

The cost of admission to Sega's downloadable PlayStation Vita simulation game Samurai & Dragons is as low as it gets: free. Famitsu reports this week that Sega will be using an item transaction system for the game, meaning the cost to make the download and get started will be zero.

Sega will also release a package version of the game. Called the "Deluxe Package," this will include four 100CP tickets (CP is the in-game currency), 4 CP discount tickets, 4 general tickets, 4 extra tickets, and 4 friend tickets.

The download version will be released first, on March 29. The package version will be released on April 26.

Oh I like this game already...

A Few Bits About Gust's PlayStation Vita Simulation Surge Concerto
http://andriasang.com/comzsh/surge_concerto_gemaga/

Here's some of what the magazine reports, via the usual magazine flying get sources:

The game has been in development for half a year. But if you include the time the world view has been in planning, it's about 15 years.

Vita was chosen as the hardware because it best matches the game's concept. Also, the system's 3G capabilities may have been a deciding factor.

Character designs are from Flight Unit's Ntny. However, illustrations are from someone else, someone who apparently does his own 3D model work.

They decided on the game's voice staff by auditioning 100 people (I'm not sure if this is just for heroine Ion's voice or for the entire cast).

They want players to feel that they are one person in the world of Ciel nosurge.

Players should look forward to the game's vocal songs (I'm not sure if this is just the theme song, or if the game has a more robust vocal component)

You'll be able to show off your Ion to other players.

Nice, just got an email from amazon with two codes. One for a free 8 GB memory card and the other for a substantial (25€) discount on one PS Vita game. The games selection wasn't too bad either (no Wipeout and no Uncharted obviously), so I picked Rayman Origins from their list. Coupled with the pre-order bundle which contains a discount code for one PSN exclusive Vita game as well (and a bunch of head phones), the Vita itself just became a really great deal.

I am not familiar with Disgaea. I remember someone here mentioned it before, so here goes...

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention – PS Vita’s First RPG Hits in April
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...f-detention-ps-vitas-first-rpg-hits-in-april/

Today, I would like to share our brand new trailer for Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for the PlayStation Vita system. Disgaea 3 for the PS Vita will be released in April. We are really excited about Disgaea 3 coming out on the PS Vita over here. Yes, it is a port of the PlayStation 3 version, but it will be equipped with new character stories, new systems, new attack levels, new bosses, and will include all the DLC that was released for the PS3 version, all on one card. So even if you have already played Disgaea 3 on the PS3 system, you’ll have something new to experience with this PS Vita version!

Back