Sony Vita Games Thread

Sumioni: Demon Arts Coming To PS Vita Spring, 2012
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sumioni-Demon-Arts-Coming-PS-Vita-Spring-2012-37872.html

XSeed Games announced today that the Japanese action-platformer, Sumioni: Demon Arts, will be arriving in North America this upcoming spring for Sony's new handheld, the PS Vita.

The game is artistically very similar to other titles within the genre, such as Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere. Developed by Acquire, gamers will traverse through a feudal Japan using an "Ink Demon" to rid the land of all the evil plaguing the residents. The game makes use of the Vita's touchscreen support, as well as engaging gamers with a detailed array of hand-drawn art and animations to flesh out the richly inspired world.

Much like Okami, gamers can use the touchscreen to draw objects, manipulate the environment and even get Sumioni to scale the environment with the simple stroke of the screen.

I just read that PSV is locked to one account and the only way to 'share' it would be to swap out memory card (expensive propritory) and do a factor reset!?

Is this true? - this is (litterally) heart-breaking if so...there's no way I'm spending £100+ on 5 memory cards and it would seem unfair to make the kids share (they all have their own PSN accounts) - also what happens if the game saves onto itself - I assume that means the game will be locked to that user?!

This just seems impossible that Sony would be so stupid.

edit:

http://www.megagames.com/news/ps-vita-psn-account-locked-one-memory-card

OK, it seems it's locked to each memory card so no need to factory reset - still not great tho, I'd rather buy 1 big card than lots of small ones :mad:

I just don't understand why it can't be like PS3 even - one main account and several sub accounts?

Another question - does anyone know if games off PSN work on PSV (ie PS1/PSP & minis) - I assume they do but this memory stick thing has taught me not to ass-u-me :(

I just don't understand why it can't be like PS3 even - one main account and several sub accounts?

Another question - does anyone know if games off PSN work on PSV (ie PS1/PSP & minis) - I assume they do but this memory stick thing has taught me not to ass-u-me :(

IMHO, the Vita seems to be designed exclusively to please the developers and publishers. I don't know if this will buy Sony any mileage (I doubt it in the long run).

Vita can't run PS1 games from memory card yet. That feature will come later in a patch.

Vita can run PSP (PSN) games from the memory card. I don't know about PSP Minis yet. I think it is possible since it's just a simple PSP title, but no one mentions it yet.

In addition, I think PSOne titles for PS3 can be played on Vita via RemotePlay also.

EDIT: Earlier on, there were rumors about PS2 b/c on Vita. But Sony has never acknowledged it.

We also don't know if emulated PS2 games (on PS3) can be played on Vita via RemotePlay yet.

The last category is Playstation Suite titles. They will come later too.

at least PSP titles work then, hopefully PS1 & minis for the UK launch - I wanted to know that I'd have a few games to play other than just the expensive launch titles - I planned to get just uncharted & maybe one other PSV title day 1

From what I gathered so far, the launch titles will have a range of prices. Some games like Little Deviant are cheaper, others like Uncharted are full $40 MSRP. You may be able to get a better deal from major retailers though.

From what I gathered so far, the launch titles will have a range of prices. Some games like Little Deviant are cheaper, others like Uncharted are full $40 MSRP. You may be able to get a better deal from major retailers though.

Yeah, some people got most of the big launch titles for around $25.

I'm just happy that Gavity Rush is a launch title. Looks so sweet.

Gravity Rush/Daze Was Ten Years In The Making
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/16/gravity-rush-was-ten-years-in-the-making/

With PlayStation Vita launching in Japan tomorrow, we want to tell you more about Gravity Rush, one of the Vita games developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan. Keiichiro Toyama, best known for his work on Silent Hill and SCE’s Siren series, is developing the Vita title and has been conceptualizing it for ten years.

I remember Demon's Souls also had a long gestation period while the designer worked on other games.

A decade in the making, ey? I don't put a lot of stock into marketing hogwash like that. Wasn't Prey in development for a decade as well? (only to emerge as a run of the mill fps with a pointless gimmick that wasn't used in any sort of clever way whatsoever. Not even once)
I'm afraid I have yet to play a single legitimately good game that also suffered from an excessively protracted development period.

Well, someone probably doodled something related to this game on a pizza box at some point in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if there is any part of a game's development cycle it is relatively safe to spend 8+ years on, it's conceptualizing. This is no Duke Nukem Forever!

Yeah, gotta be fun mulling over strange game ideas while working on bread-n-butter titles. Hopefully this one delivers.

I :love: the art style and character design.

Alex Navarro from Giantbomb apparently had a blast playing it. Since Giantbomb is just about the only professional US gaming website where Preview isn't another way of saying "PR in disguise", that's certainly promising.

Also, the Gravity Rush guy likes Moebius, so he's already cool in my book.

Sounds very promising indeed, but it's still not going to make my day1 list. There's just too much unique stuff at launch. I'm not really in the mood for another Uncharted game this close after U3.

*nod* *nod* Hope they don't over-expose Uncharted. Sony seems to rely on them exclusively for buzz generation in major events.

I am on the fence for Golden Abyss. Will definitely get Sound Shapes, Gravity Daze, and perhaps Escape Plan. Considering FIFA since my son plays soccer, and one more free slot.

Sony is also pushing PSP Dual Packs for $15:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...on-and-hot-shots-headline-new-psp-dual-packs/

We’re happy to announce the availability of three new PSP Dual Packs featuring MotorStorm: Arctic Edge and Twisted Metal: Head-on; Patapon and LocoRoco; and Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee and Hot Shots Tennis.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/27/introducing-new-psp-dual-packs-available-for-15-this-week/

Secret Agent Clank and Daxter; Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow and Killzone Liberation; and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs: Fireteam Bravo

The PSN versions should run on Vita.

By the way, I already got my Vita pre-order bonus gift from Amazon.de. It's a pair of blue Vita-styled IEMs and a code for some downloadable goodies. The IEMs actually sound rather decent (very much your typical bathtub frequency response, but the clarity is pretty good and the bass is both punchy and dry), but they aren't very efficient at all. Have to crank my iphone up to almost full volume if I want them to match the output level my big Ultrasone cans reach at just above half volume.

Back