Sony Vita Games Thread

So what noteworthy releases are going to be popping in post launch? like in the next 6 months?

Resistance? Motorstorm:RC..

I have a vita pre ordered, but no games. None of the launch titles appear to me (as strange as that sounds). I want a noteworthy strategy (think Fire Emblem, Disgaea), (J)RPG title, FPS..

I was tempted by Dynasty Warriors, but it has zero online play and I don't trust them after their last entry..

I've not looked into it much, beyond that I know MotorStorm RC and LittleBigPlanet are coming, the latter being a very big deal to me, because knowing all these input methods are supported and that it comes with the whole create thing, that in itself is a system seller to me.

PS Suite is a huge deal to me as well. I reckon strategy games could and should come, though they won't come in full force until PS Suite takes off and makes them sellable across both Vita and all Android tablets (and large phones) alike, I reckon, but I haven't looked into it in detail.

As for FPS type affair, Killzone is confirmed as is Call of Duty. I think E3 will likely be the earliest we'll see them. Resistance comes before that, and Unit 13 seems competent and is out at launch. I don't know what else we'll get, but with the Unreal Engine already ported, it may just be a matter of time. Gravity Rush, for instance, apparently was a PS3 UE3 title originally but transferred to Vita as its main platform.

JRPG titles are already coming or even out, but I don't know which ones you would consider noteworthy? Disgaea 3 is coming April 30th in the US, I'm fairly sure. It doesn't look like it is much improved for Vita beyond some basic resolution boosts vs other handhelds (graphically) but the game doesn't look like graphics are its main draw, dude, BOOM!

EDIT: I have no idea what Ragnarok Oddysey is, but it looks RPG-ish:

EDIT: it's out in Japan already, and apparently it's a Monster Hunter type game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9fiGFqpsE&feature=related

I´m getting Vita because of Uncharted: Golden AbYss... but what I really would like, would be a non-anime turn based strategy game. Anything from Julian Gollop would be awesome (Shadow Wars 2, bring it!), but I´d even love something like Greed Corp... Something like Disgaea just makes my head hurt. It´s just too japanese for me. Tower attack?!?!? Please oh gawd no! :D As for Fire Emblem I haven´t ever played anything in that series so I would be willing to give it benefit of doubt... but I suppose it may be a lot of the same...

Well, we'll have to wait and see. The latest interview with Shuhei seemed to confirm they've still got serious plans for PS Suite, so there's at least a decent chance, and I'd certainly like to see a few good ones on Vita using all the controls, and there's definitely enough memory on the device too.

Meanwhile, prices for the first party Vita PSN launch games are available, and they're pretty good I'd say. I'll get everything except Top Darts I reckon:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...a-1st-party-digital-only-game-prices#comments

•Escape Plan: £9.99
•Top Darts: £6.49
•Hustle Kings: £6.49
•Super Stardust: Delta: £6.49
•MotorStorm RC: £4.79

ModNation Racers review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-13-modnation-racers-road-trip-review

So far I keep hearing pretty good things about it, and I'm definitely still interested.

So what noteworthy releases are going to be popping in post launch? like in the next 6 months?

Resistance? Motorstorm:RC..

I have a vita pre ordered, but no games. None of the launch titles appear to me (as strange as that sounds). I want a noteworthy strategy (think Fire Emblem, Disgaea), (J)RPG title, FPS..

I was tempted by Dynasty Warriors, but it has zero online play and I don't trust them after their last entry..

Luminies or stardust? Those are easy to pickup and play games. You own a PSP before? There are also a ton of PSP classics you can get on SEN.

Is it going to be easy to play a local multiplayer game (wipeout & motorstorm rc for example) with ps3 vs vita so that I can host a game on my ps3 and let a friend join it with Vita? (I´ll have them both connected to internet through the same wlan router.)

No idea honestly. I know Motorstorm RC has up to four player splitscreen so that may be moot anyway, but we'll know next week!

Is it going to be easy to play a local multiplayer game (wipeout & motorstorm rc for example) with ps3 vs vita so that I can host a game on my ps3 and let a friend join it with Vita? (I´ll have them both connected to internet through the same wlan router.)

You can post here, and maybe find out:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...full-list-platinum-revealed-3/#comment-210328

The article details that the game will have a full trophy set including platinum, and unlocking one trophy in the Vita version will unlock it in the PS3 version as well and vice versa, and you can apparently play the singleplayer campaign alternating on Vita and PS3 seamlessly.

EDIT: and patsu probably has his Vita by now, he should be getting it today. Better post some impressions!

Arrived yesterday, got a chance to play around with it a little.

The first edition bundle is a waste, IMO. In terms of the "extras" you get with it. Getting it a week early is nice, but if that's not a priority for someone I think they would be much better off getting the 3G Launch bundle and saving that $50 dollars for some accessories. Namely the headset (1st Edition doesn't even come with headphones), charging cradle, an extra charger, and an extra USB cable. The cradle does not come with a charger, and the extra charger does not come with a USB cable. So, if you want to have your cradle plugged in all the time and connect your Vita to anything else (thanks to the proprietary data port), you'll need an extra USB cable at a minimum.

As for the hardware itself, I'm quite pleased. Has a solid, quality feel to it. A step above even the original PSP, which I always thought had a quality feel to it, especially compared to the later models. The GUI isn't as off putting as I thought it would be, but it completely lacks the elegance of the XMB, and the clean, simple look of ICS and iOS. I think some will find it's design to be excellent, but it's just not my cup of tea. The screen is excellent, as has been reported. I don't like the way Friends List and messaging are separate apps that you have to launch. They should be a better integrated part of the experience, IMO. But I don't know what happens if a friends contacts you if the app is not running. If it launches automatically, then its a moot point.

Haven't had the chance to play with it too much, but I'm pleased with it so far. I would just recommend anyone eyeing the remaining First Edition Bundles to pass on them, get the launch bundle and spend the other $50 elsewhere.

Played a bunch of Rayman Origins and Super Stardust Delta today. Both experiences were positively delightful. The system is very comfortable to hold and oozes quality. I was also really surprised at how well the tiny analog sticks performed. I also can't stress enough how much the visuals pop on that glorious screen. All those videos you've seen on the net? Just forget them. They don't do the actual hardware any justice at all.

Today I got to play Wipeout and Ridge Racer. I think Wipeout is easily most impressive looking game on the system. The amount of detail that went into the tracks and the ships is outstanding, the lighting is phenomenal, and a combination of native screen res and great anti-aliasing make for a game that looks like it runs in perpetual bullshot mode. That said, the lack of the console game's 60 fps is sorely missed. Still a mighty fine game, albeit hampered by some egregious loading times.

I quite liked RR as well. Not exactly a technical show case (on the contrary), but it still looks nice enough and plays just fine. The dearth of content (even with free day1 dlc) is what really huts the game in the end. Really odd what Namco does with the franchise. Every time they release a new one they seem to strip away more and more content while not really adding anything in return. At least it's not as boring as the 3ds version, which was just way too easy because the AI was simply spread across the length of the track and apparently didn't give a shit about race results. Feels more like the PS3 version where the rival cars are generally bunched together fairly close, giving away the impression of actually caring about placement.

Got to play a little Uncharted. Seems technically impressive so far, and the controls feel solid. "Painting" Drakes path when climbing is a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Messed around with the video app briefly. I can't believe they don't allow the use of the hard controls at all. It's beyond stupid. If they want to make an excellent touch interface for the app, fine, by all means (which it currently is not), but to not enable the hard buttons for even simple stuff like skipping, play and pause is completely nonsensical.

Last edited by a moderator:
uncharted looks very sharp even running at sub native res, really wish they can at least at 2xmsaa, would help the overall IQ alot. The game has great story too, and motion aiming works very well.

Well I just got message that The Hut has shipped my copy of Uncharted. Probably will not arrive before the end of next week...

so anyone with a ps3 and a vita... How´s the remote play?

Not fully. Most XMB stuff works at native res, but the games are still as it was with PSP. I reckon we'll see an update for that at some point.

Man, I can't wait until Wednesday when I get my system. I ordered a Vita and a 16GB memory card but no games. I have a ton of PSP games I still need to catch up on (I was a DS owner)

Man, I can't wait until Wednesday when I get my system. I ordered a Vita and a 16GB memory card but no games. I have a ton of PSP games I still need to catch up on (I was a DS owner)

Me too! But I've ordered Uncharted, Wipeout, and :oops: Dungeon Hunter. I kind of liked it on the the PS3 with its drop in\out games.

Back