Sony Vita Games Thread

The other thing I look forward to is the PSP Homebrews. If we can indeed run user apps via the PSP Emulator, it would be fun. ^_^

I haven't pre-ordered Vita yet. Will probably do so in January or early Feb.

Do PSP games from PSN run on the VIta?

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2254

Q: Is PS Vita compatible with other PlayStation platform games like PS3, PS2, or PSP? Do you have any plan to support other PlayStation platforms in the future?

A: Users can play PSP titles, minis and PSone classics titles which are offered on PS Store. We do no have any plans to make PS Vita compatible with PS3 or PS2 titles at this point.

PSN PSP games should be compatible.
UMD PSP game support is not guaranteed.

Yes. There may be a small number of incompatible titles, but mostly yes.

Nice to have it confirmed, so at least I have loads of games that will work day one (even if they are ones I've already played).

So my pre-order is now 5 memory cards, uncharted, ridge racer & I might get either katamari or little devients to start me off - man that's £140 alone! :(

Good job the PS Vita is largely paid for by vouchers :|

PS Vita Software Lineup:

SCEA Launch Day Titles
Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048

Launch Window Titles
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13

Third Party Publisher Launch Day Titles
Army Corps of Hell Square Enix, Inc.
Asphalt Injection
Ubisoft, Inc.
BEN10 GALACTIC RACING
D3 Publisher of America
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Aksys Games Localization, Inc.
Dungeon Hunter Alliance Ubisoft, Inc.
Dynasty Warriors Next
Tecmo Koei America Corporation
F1 2011
Codemasters
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer
Electronic Arts, Inc.
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Ubisoft, Inc.
Michael Jackson The Experience
Ubisoft, Inc.
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only)
Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Rayman Origins
Ubisoft, Inc.
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs (PSN Only)
Drinkbox Studios
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Sega of America

Launch Window Titles
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Warner Bros. Interactive Ent. Inc.
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
NIS America, Inc.
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS
Tecmo Koei America Corporation
Ridge Racer
Silent Hill Book of Memories
Konami Digital Ent. America, Inc.
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted 505 Games

4 GB Memory Card February 15, 2012 $19.99
8 GB Memory Card February 15, 2012 $29.99
16 GB Memory Card February 15, 2012 $59.99
32 GB Memory Card February 15, 2012 $99.99

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-lineup-and-details/

EU has a different deal:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-ar-cards-bundled-free-at-launch/

Today we’re happy to bring you a couple of pieces of PS Vita news, starting with confirmation that your PlayStation Vita will come bundled with six AR Play Cards and a voucher code to download three AR games, all for free. Those games are called Table Football Cliff Diving and Fireworks. Augmented Reality is going to be a big part of the new gaming experiences PS Vita has to offer and you can get an idea of how in this video we shot for Inside Vita:

(The following are launch day titles it seems)

Uncharted: Golden Abyss – €49.99/£44.99/$69.95 AUD/$89.95 NZD

ModNation Racers: Road Trip – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD

Everybody’s Golf – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD

WipEout 2048 – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD

Unit 13 – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD

Little Deviants – €29.99/£24.99/$39.95 AUD/$54.95 NZD

Reality Fighters – €29.99/£24.99/$39.95 AUD/$54.95 NZD

Ah, there's already a games thread of course. Here's what I got from the US playstation site. It is really quite an impressive list!

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/

2/15/2012
Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted Golden Abyss (8/10 on Eurogamer)
Little Deviants (7/10 on Eurogamer)
Reality Fighters
Hustle Kings
Super Stardust Delta
Rayman Origins
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Lumines Electronic Symphony

2/22/2012
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Touch My Katamari
F1 2011
Dynasty Warriors Next
Virtua Tennis 4
Ridge Racer
FIFA 12
Army Corps of Hell
Dungeon Hunter Alliance

'Launch Window'
Gravity Rush
LittleBigPlanet
ModNation Racers
Sound Shapes
Escape Plan
Shinobido 2
Ruin
Disgaea 3

TBD
Resistance: Burning Skies

There should be more:

Sumioni: Demon Arts for PS Vita: Classic Japanese Art, Modern Platforming Action
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...assic-japanese-art-modern-platforming-action/

Sumioni: Demon Arts is developed by Acquire (of Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls and Class of Heroes fame) and will be released on the PS Vita in North America as a launch window title through XSEED Games (yay, us!). Fun, fast, frenetic and fetching, the traditional Japanese “sumi-e” ink art style perfectly augments Sumioni’s fluid animations and diverse gameplay, giving it a one-of-a-kind look and feel on a one-of-a-kind system.

So what games are you buying?

I've allready ordered Uncharted and Everybody's Golf.
'm gonna get Virtua Tennis, and Reality Fighters on launch day, but will download those.
Gravity Daze aswell, when that releases.

Non-launch titles, I want two of the three new Square Enix -IP's.
Really impressed with SE, gave us 3 new IP's for the platform right out the gate.. :)
The ones I want are the ones wich hasn't gotten coverage, Lord of the Apocalypse, and Ragnarok Odyssey, sopme of the gameplay-footage gave me some Nier-vibes, but dunno when they get out in English
That Armycorp of Hell game looked fun, but the music seems to be like begging for a headache, so that i'm not buying I think.

New Little Kings Story, also seems to be a quality-game, judging by what they said about the Wii-game. .Warrior's Lair/Ruin, Resistance, Killzone will be bought aswell when they release, and that Vanillaware game.

Those are the ones I'm pretty certain about.

I also got on the fence about Asphalt Injection, had only heard bad things about it, but the 10 minute-clip I saw looked kind of fun, with lots of unlockables, So if the price is right.. :)

Came across this dude's youtube channel, when searching for gameplay from games wich typically isn't covered in the Western sites.

If I get a Vita, will buy these:
* Gravity Rush
* SoundShapes

I heard there is a BestBuy promo for free Uncharted. Have not looked into it yet.

I will also review PSP games I missed, like Valkyria Chronicles.

The other extras are LittleBigPlanet for Vita, and perhaps Rayman Origins (Is this the same as the PS3 version ?). I am also curious about the Vita Gundam game if it's available here.

Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush if it's a launch title. Otherwise I'll probably just wait for it. One of the smaller PSN releases seems like a very likely purchase though. I really like how Escape Plan looks.
Other than that I'm not really in any rush considering February will be an exceptionally busy (and expensive) gaming month for me, even without the Vita. (FFXIII-2, RE Revelations, possibly Kingdoms of Amalur)

I'm considering FIFA 12, Uncharted, Super Stardust, and if not too expensive, Lumines, ModNation racers.

I've played Lumines 2 on PSP way too much, then again on 360, on PS3, etc. Tried it again last time on PSP, and I still love it, but I'm a time-trial guy and right now there's just not enough in there fore me anymore if the new one is too similar. But I've seen some subtle changes in the way it works that may just be enough to get it again, if it's not too expensive as a PSN title.

LBP2 is a must have once that comes out.

I never thought that FIFA 12 would end up on top as most wanted, but it looks great.

Also so far I'm really impressed with the load-times of the games that run off a cartridge. A number of games have better load-times than their console counterpart already, and combined with potentially better controls (like FIFA 12), that's quite the promising change from the original PSP days.

Rayman Origins seems like a sure buy to me right now. Gravity Daze seems like a winner too, but need reviews to see what goodies it packs other than the floating mechanic. Killer App would be Peace Walker with dual stick controls since you can map the face buttons to the right stick :D !

Am not onterested in Wipeout, have had enough of LBP and Uncharted for now on ps3, little deiviants might be a good fun game to pass the vita around with the family. Lets see when it launches in my country, though it seems like they are aiming for near simulataneous release with Europe.

Ah, I completely forgot about FIFA. My son got into a junior soccer league. Will probably buy the game for him.

Escape Plan is the third title I had in mind but forgot what it's called.

Let me know if Vita's Rayman Origins is the same as the US one. I can't find the PS3 game on US PSN.

I am a little interested in Wipeout, but we'll see. Rayman Origins I'm now thinking I won't buy right away because I'm already playing it on PS3.

WipeOut demo looks pretty good:

Some people complained about the long load time. Since users can switch on/off Vita or swipe to other apps in the middle of a game (or after a race), the load time should not affect us too much.

Web browser of course needs to be patched first to enable multitasking.

Yeah, load-time seems relatively long - reviewer actually cut some of it out, but you can see the counter running. No surprise though if you look at all that detail in the track, that's just mad. Getting the impression it's the exact same assets as the PS3 version but running at 30fps, but that could be just an illusion. This track looks really good though.

Back