Sony Vita Games Thread

Guacamelee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuDdUEQdYz4

It's bascially a Metroidvania that let's you switch between the world of the living and the dead at the push of a button, and you're a Mexican Wrestler. That's pretty much "Bears with Plasma Rifles kind of awesome"-territory. And while I'm not a 100% sure about it, I do believe this to be another game where your purchase gets you both the PS3 and the Vita version.

AC Liberation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54TnbR4Uni4

Supposedly it's the first AC game with a proper jump button. I hope that's not just a rumor, because that would be awesome.

I got invited into the LBP beta :p ! Downloading right now !!!!!!!¡¡¡

I didn't get a mail, but I checked the beta site again and turns out I have access too, may have had for a while ... lol. Grabbed the code from the site, and should be about done downloading, so I'll be checking this out tonight. :)

What site? The one where we had to sign up? (I didn't get a mail either)
Link please:cool:

Also: Gravity Rush is absolutely wonderful, and you all should buy it:D

Yes, MGS HD should support Transfarring as far as I know.

I got Gravity Rush and MGS HD yesterday too.

Guacamelee is done by the Blobs folks right ? I'm a big fan. Will definitely check it out.

I have never played an Assassin's Creed game since the first one crashed on me 30 seconds in. ^_^
I will give it a look if it's stable.

Arrrgh, I can't get the transferring to work.
I press "Manage local and cloud saves" but nothing happens eventhough I have the save game in cloud storage.

MGS2 is v synced double buffered......I am disappoint :(
Outdoor scenes like the first level effectively runs at 30FPS and we are talking about MGS2 here.

I don't think so.
Why would you want to do that though, English voice cast for MGS is easily a lot superior to the Japanese, infact Kojima himself prefers the English voice overs.

Guacamelee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuDdUEQdYz4

It's bascially a Metroidvania that let's you switch between the world of the living and the dead at the push of a button, and you're a Mexican Wrestler. That's pretty much "Bears with Plasma Rifles kind of awesome"-territory. And while I'm not a 100% sure about it, I do believe this to be another game where your purchase gets you both the PS3 and the Vita version.

AC Liberation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54TnbR4Uni4

Supposedly it's the first AC game with a proper jump button. I hope that's not just a rumor, because that would be awesome.

A separate jump button would break the flow of the movement. Anyways, gameplay video shows the same traversal as previous games, so I don't think they will change the controls.
Not so excited about the AC game, we have had too much of AC this gen. Too much....

Will get Gravity Rush someday for sure, that seems to be fresh game !

A separate jump button would break the flow of the movement.

Why? It works in every other game. The parcours in AC is kinda boring because it's such a passive activity. Just hold down two buttons and press foward. I'm a big believer in having separate button commands for important actions personally. Context sensitivity is just too hit-and-miss imo. It's cool when it works, but infuriating when it doesn't.

I would have MGS collection, but it lacks PW :( ! Why Kojima? Why won't u lemme play PW in better Vita resolution?

I have the same complain. They probably don't want to kill PW revenue stream. Plus they can release a MGS Complete Collection say... 2 years later. 8^/

[Someone convince me to stop playing P3P. I have Gravity Rush and MGS Collection now, but I keep going back to try to finish P3P XD]

Why? It works in every other game. The parcours in AC is kinda boring because it's such a passive activity. Just hold down two buttons and press foward. I'm a big believer in having separate button commands for important actions personally. Context sensitivity is just too hit-and-miss imo. It's cool when it works, but infuriating when it doesn't.

Agreed. Fighting was way too boring as well. They changed it so you don't have to repeat 'dodge-kill, dodge-kill' ad infinitum.

Mind you I played maybe 20 minutes total of all Assassin's Creed games so far. But I'm interested.

W00t w00t ! Finally completed Persona 3 after a whopping 170+ hours. Very rare for me to finish a long game. ^_^

Gravity Rush next !
Charming so far. PS Home should steal the gravity navigation idea from this game. ^_^

Wipeout HD and Wipeout Fury are out for Wipeout 2048. If you already own them on the PS3 you get 'em for free. Doesn't look quite as slick and polished as the 2048 content unfortunately. Quite a few rather blurry textures to be found, and it appears to be running below the system's native res pretty much all the times. A bit surprising considering the tracks in 2048 are a lot grander in scope and also appear to be quite a bit more detailed.
It looks really good regardless,

Back