Sony Vita Games Thread

Tiny bit of research could have told you that this particular Lego game is a port of the also rather humble 3DS version ... Personally I'm hoping they can just port low end PC versions from here on but I don't know what they'll do.

I doubt they will. This unfortunate development started a couple of years ago on the PSP. Lego Star Wars Ep I-III PSP was basically a carbon copy of the big Lego SW games, but at some point they decided to simply up-res the ds games instead. Huge bummer really, especially as the Lego games are very well suited for on-the-go gaming. And it's not just that they look a lot worse than they ought to look, they also lack a lot of content.

By the way, I bought the treasure map for Golden Abyss recently. It's really quite a shame this wasn't part of the game from the get go. Makes hunting for treasure so much more compelling.

is that the dlc thing on PSN? Does it work like a seperate apps from the core game or it integrated into apart of the game experience? Does it give you hit for every single unlockable?

It's integrated into the game. If you open your journal with the select button, you see a map of the level/chapter you are in, and it highlights all the treasure locations. It doesn't tell you where you are on the map at any given moment, though. (only your starting position), so the challenge is really to read the map properly. Finding all the stuff is still pretty tricky (the map is rather vague), but it's nice to know the general locations of where all the stuff is hidden. The map also doesn't take the stuff you've already found into account, so you'll be spending quite some time cross referencing your map with your inventory. I think it's a rather engaging process actually, and it does make the game better. It really feels like a piece of content that was always supposed to be in the game.

Here's what it looks like:

map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the treasure map idea is a pretty cool way of adding value content to the game. And it tied in so neatly. The only thing I wish it did was to actually tell you which treasures you hadn't yet picked up.

The lego game is actually pretty slick looking. It's just the in game videos are terrible.

Played motorstom rc demo. It's pretty awesome looking and almost there. For me the playability is not quite there and the game becomes easily frustrating. Occasionally the car get's stuck, does a flip, looses control or otherwise seem to behave randomly. With couple of things either fixed or adjustable this game could have been a masterpiece, now it's a pass for me. I really hope for a sequel on this one that would go and fix the flaws.

Played motorstom rc demo. It's pretty awesome looking and almost there. For me the playability is not quite there and the game becomes easily frustrating. Occasionally the car get's stuck, does a flip, looses control or otherwise seem to behave randomly. With couple of things either fixed or adjustable this game could have been a masterpiece, now it's a pass for me. I really hope for a sequel on this one that would go and fix the flaws.

I'd recommend changing the camera to Arial (triangle). That gives a fixed camera, and a wider, higher field of view that is least likely to obscure your view of the car.

There is nothing random about the car behaviour you mention. It's incredibly realistic actually. Give it more time, some of us here have played this for 30-40 hours and are in the global top 100 time simply because we love it so much.

I have to admit, after trying the demo and then buying it, I have felt no love for the Motorstorm RC. I keep looking at now thinking I could just delete it and make room for more Macross...

I wish, hope it will be open ended game too, maybe a dead nation dungeon crawler loot game. Since Ruins is in development hell.

Hey , there's a firmware update ! Whats in it? is it the update that will enable mroe games on the Vita? Will it open up PSSuite ?

On that front, has the PSSuite open beta started?

Does anybody know if Dead Nation is ever going to become a Vita game like Super Stardust did?

Call me a skeptic, but Dead Nation seems near impossible to me for the Vita to handle. It pushes the PS3 a lot, probably similar to how Super Stardust ended up doing at the end with the 3D updates, but at a much lower resolution and framerate. It also wasn't anywhere near as popular as Super Stardust I think. So personally, I actually think they shouldn't be porting Dead Nation, but perhaps share some of the tech, if relevant, with Warrior's Lair or whatever that game is called or invest in getting a Vita port of Diablo 3 and let these guys work on the tech for it. :p

That, or an 'original' game for the Vita from Housemarque, that is designed like Motorstorm to run on both PS3 and Vita, could be cool.

Hey , there's a firmware update ! Whats in it? is it the update that will enable mroe games on the Vita? Will it open up PSSuite ?

On that front, has the PSSuite open beta started?

Ah, the update is back up and now it's 1.66 so they did seem to have fixed a bug that caused them to pull the 1.65 yesterday. ;) Installed it now.

Nothing terribly exciting yet. You can put it to 10 minutes before it sleeps instead of the current maximum of 5, and when you press the lock button it will keep downloading, as opposed to the previously confusing situation where if you pressed the lock button it would pause downloading, but if you let it lock itself, the downloads would continue. And if you turn off the system music, it will also no longer play that in the store (thanks for that).

Oh yeah and some people had issues with NEAR, those are fixed now too.

Additional support for public beta PS Suite could be in there, but we don't know - for all we know that needed nothing new from what was already there for the closed beta. Haven't heard yet about PS Suite availability yet.

EDIT:

The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
When searching for location data, users now have the option to 'Retry' and 'Cancel' when a failure occurs.
A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.

Call me a skeptic, but Dead Nation seems near impossible to me for the Vita to handle. It pushes the PS3 a lot, probably similar to how Super Stardust ended up doing at the end with the 3D updates, but at a much lower resolution and framerate. It also wasn't anywhere near as popular as Super Stardust I think. So personally, I actually think they shouldn't be porting Dead Nation, but perhaps share some of the tech, if relevant, with Warrior's Lair or whatever that game is called or invest in getting a Vita port of Diablo 3 and let these guys work on the tech for it. :p

That, or an 'original' game for the Vita from Housemarque, that is designed like Motorstorm to run on both PS3 and Vita, could be cool.

I always thought the big issue with Dead Nation was down to memory constraints? That's something the Vita has over the PS3. Looking at the benchmarks floating around for the SGX it should be more than capable of handling the graphical detail given the resolution it's rendering to. Super Stardust feels much slicker on the Vita than on the PS3.

But it would be cool to have a similar game but as either a Dungeon Crawl (more DS than Diablo) or a Space exploration (like the galaxy map in ME but with emphasis on exploring the planets - with dungeons!!), perhaps the light weight trading and management could be done on the Vita with more in depth exploring done on the PS3!?

A few days back I had a very strange error with my Vita..

I had let it drain all the way to no power, and then had recharged it. However, my Vita refused to power up when I touched the power button or the PS button. It would have a blinking blue light, but that's it.

I had to hold down the power button for 30 sec and force a manual reboot.

This same issue happened to me immediately after booting it up, when the unit went to sleep after 5min. I had to do a forced reboot to 'wake' it.

Something wrong with my vita? Or is it a Firmware thing?

I always thought the big issue with Dead Nation was down to memory constraints? That's something the Vita has over the PS3. Looking at the benchmarks floating around for the SGX it should be more than capable of handling the graphical detail given the resolution it's rendering to. Super Stardust feels much slicker on the Vita than on the PS3.

But it would be cool to have a similar game but as either a Dungeon Crawl (more DS than Diablo) or a Space exploration (like the galaxy map in ME but with emphasis on exploring the planets - with dungeons!!), perhaps the light weight trading and management could be done on the Vita with more in depth exploring done on the PS3!?

Why would we want Dead nation port anyway, I love that game but it is fine the way it is, and its a bit old now which I don't think will sell much. They should make a sequel and design the game with both platform in mind. There was a old PS nation podcast just before DN came out, and they interviewed the dev, one of the question was dead nation future and for PSP2, and they kind of don't want to comment on it. I have a feeling that we will see something dead nation related in the future. I think if PS2 can handle some beautiful dungeon crawler like champions of norrath, Vita should be able to handle a isometric shooter similar to DN.

Back