Sony Vita Games Thread

Yeah... so I'm playing Rayman Origins on Vita now. I think Mutant Blob and Rayman are my 2 most favorite games on Vita. While Plants vs Zombies is more addictive, these 2 games are more imaginative and delightful. Highly encourage people to check them out.

EDIT: This one sounds interesting...

Orgarhythm -- A PS Vita Rhythm Game From Shenmue Programmer Tak Hirai
http://andriasang.com/con0ej/orgarhythm/

Orgarhythm is actually a new type of game that blends strategy and music. What that means isn't clear at present. According to Sinobi, which gets Famitsu in advance, Hirai explained to Famitsu that it's rare nowadays to see a game that's so difficult to understand. The game is so different that there were a variety of reactions even internally at Neilo.

We have just one gameplay bit: the game will have cooperative and competitive multiplayer play.

I think you need a PS3 to transfer PSP software to Vita.

I can't transfer Angry Birds (Mini) to the Vita. I purchased and downloaded it to the PS3. First, I tried transferring without installing. Then, I tried installing to the PS3 and transferring. Neither options worked, for me.

I can't transfer Angry Birds (Mini) to the Vita. I purchased and downloaded it to the PS3. First, I tried transferring without installing. Then, I tried installing to the PS3 and transferring. Neither options worked, for me.

I think it is technically a Mini, as witnessed by the PSP and PS3 version running equally crappy (prone to slowdown). And Mini's aren't supported yet, right? In this case I am more than willing to wait until we get a proper Vita version of that game. And if that never comes, I'll still not install that PSP version. ;) (though admittedly it at least looked nicer on the PSP screen already than on my iPhone 3GS screen, which is surprising for 2004 hardware).

Well, after several email exchanges with Sony- it turns out the promise of getting Super Stardust Delta for the activation of a data plan with AT&T on my Vita at the end of 30 days was little more than a marketing stunt.

They informed they had no way of knowing when I would get my voucher for the game, and that there was nothing I could do. It's been 36 days+ and they basically told me to deal with it.

I'd accuse them of false advertising, but I'm sure their asses are somehow legally covered with this.

It's entirely possible I won't ever get Stardust, ultimately.

I keep getting the run around. One of the reps said I should send her my PSN and login ID after I hit the 35 day mark- which I did. Just for some other random rep to replace her and say I should not have done this and there was nothing he could do about it.

I'm pretty pissed off.

Well, after several email exchanges with Sony- it turns out the promise of getting Super Stardust Delta for the activation of a data plan with AT&T on my Vita at the end of 30 days was little more than a marketing stunt.

They informed they had no way of knowing when I would get my voucher for the game, and that there was nothing I could do. It's been 36 days+ and they basically told me to deal with it.

I'd accuse them of false advertising, but I'm sure their asses are somehow legally covered with this.

It's entirely possible I won't ever get Stardust, ultimately.

I keep getting the run around. One of the reps said I should send her my PSN and login ID after I hit the 35 day mark- which I did. Just for some other random rep to replace her and say I should not have done this and there was nothing he could do about it.

I'm pretty pissed off.

Have you called AT&T ?

I just turned on my 3G subscription this morning. ^_^

Will see how it goes.

Why is Persona 2 costlier than Persona 3 ?

Oh! And did I say I am loving these psp games on Vita ! Ys Seven is fantastic !!!!! Its like a cheerful Demons Souls :cool: ! I mean it doesn't have a battle system instrad lets u actually battle it out like DSouls while mesmerising u woth beautiful music and fun characters ! Its an absolute must buy ! Patsu, I think you will love it. It also makes me wish for Ni No Kuni on my Vita and not on the ps3. Somehow, my brain's expectations from a ps3 title are different, whereas on the Vita, I just love these tiny buggers running around saying silly things !

And I just bought Monster Hnter Freedom Unite :D mainly because I loved the Raganrok Odyssey demo from the HK store and that game isn't avaialable in english. I guessed it must be a copy of Monster Huntwr and got that. Do try out the Ragnarok demo, if u haven't. It looks great and is somehow addictive. I will try out all the classes in it soon.

Lord of Apocalypse demo was boring, mainly because the area they chose to demo combat looked like a ps2 game. On e the fight was over and the other areas turned out to be beautiful, but the demo doesn't excite u like the Ragnarok demo.

Also played the Gravity Rush demo. Turning gravity off and flying around is fun in an 'infamous' kindof way where the traversal is so much fun that you enjoy the game just by flying around. Sadly the demo doesn't let you go far at all. I hope its an open world game, cos otherwise it will be no fun at all. Also, the demo was too short to form an opinion. Just lemme fly a bit more !!!!!

I think it is technically a Mini, as witnessed by the PSP and PS3 version running equally crappy (prone to slowdown). And Mini's aren't supported yet, right?...

Minis are supported, I have several minis on my Vita (including Angry Birds). The slowdown is pretty bad so no change there:(

Have you called AT&T ?

I just turned on my 3G subscription this morning. ^_^

Will see how it goes.

It's not an AT&T thing, it's Sony.

But yea they basically have told me to sit on it and rotate. I'm pissed off, but what can I do?

Nothing.

Did you ask to speak with his/her manager ?

What did you use to sign up for the 3G ? Did you go through the Vita "Network Operator" app, or a PC/Mac web browser ?

It's not an AT&T thing, it's Sony.

But yea they basically have told me to sit on it and rotate. I'm pissed off, but what can I do?

Nothing.

Well, just repeating, for me it was the network operator (Vodafone) that was to blame. They are the one sending the sms with the discount code. I called them when I didn't get my code after a week, and clearly there was something wrong because once I had called, I got the proper message 'welcome to 3G on your Playstation Vita' as opposed to the generic business user message I got. And sure enough, exactly a week after that message the PSN code was sent to me.

You can also rest assured that Sony doesn't care about how soon those codes go out. It's the operator that cut a deal that the user needs to have 3G activated, and for at least a certain period (my case a week, your case a month) before they want to give you the carrot.

I want more games, like Uncharted! I'm starting to get a little bored with what I've got. So much so in fact that I downloaded Harry Potter... I like the lego games, especially Lego Indy, but it is an act of desperation!! Also the in game videos are blurry messes, I guess that had to happen as the download is ~1Gb.

I am at ch 23 or something and I am getting bored of Uncharted :( ! The game si repeating the same ideas again n again now. I have lost count how many times a side character provides distraction till I climb around to flank a 50calibre and then use it till the other character comes along. It si getting tiring now. T he game is relying solely on the wow factor of the graphics to move along. Th e story seems to have vanished into thin air and the characters keep wise cracking so much that I start wincing :mad: ! The dialogue is totally full of the stupid jokes and no character interaction or story to speak of. The whole game right now feels like finller content ! They seem to have run out of ideas and story after the halfway mark.
I feel no desire to continue. Maybe I should just sell it off and get Wipeout or Unit13 maybe :rolleyes: !

I feel no desire to continue. Maybe I should just sell it off and get Wipeout or Unit13 maybe :rolleyes: !
Where you can race around the tracks in the same old way as you did on the other iterations of Wipeout, or can run around shooting as you have a dozen shooters this gen. I don't see the difference. It sounds more like you're just became a tired, jaded gamer. :p

Back