Sony Vita Games Thread

Bought Golden Abyss yesterday after much trepidation. So far I think it's lovely, and I'm surprised at the amount of shit the game seems to be getting from every which way. I think the sub-native rendering resolution is a complete non-issue on the Vita screen itself and I even prefer the gunplay to its equivalent in U1-3, simply because Bend seems to have a better understanding of when enough is enough. Shame about the unnecessary excessive touch screen crap though. Surely something Sony forced down Bend's throat.

I think the game runs at 78% of the screen native rest, which is still higher than all the 720p screen we play on the 1080p tv. This game just need AA then it will look even better. Bend has lots of experience doing aiming and shooter on face buttons for the past 5 years lol. Moving on to analog and gyro makes their life much easier. Yeah, shame about the touch screen melee, they could have done it like U3 melee, which IMO still the best melee combat from the series.

Question guys. My 1 Month AT&T 3G plan expired but I have not received any code from Sony for my Super Stardust Delta game.

Who do I do contact to try and resolve this issue? I'm irked.

Should be AT&T. Ask them to check if your card was properly registered as being in a Vita system. You should probably have gotten a Vita specific operator message. I had to do a similar thing for Vodafone.

was replaying uncharted, still amazed by the graphics, and asked myself:

will we see big graphical evolution on the vita such as ps360, or will this stay roughly the same durig its lifetime like the psp ? what do you think ?

was replaying uncharted, still amazed by the graphics, and asked myself:

will we see big graphical evolution on the vita such as ps360, or will this stay roughly the same durig its lifetime like the psp ? what do you think ?

I don't know ... I think the Cell setup was so complex and novel that it took much longer to make sense of it, and I am willing to bet there's still room there to find new ways of doing things, or different things. These Vita launch titles are very early and their graphics engines likely have had a relatively short turnover time, so I expect there is a fair bit room for growth, but I would be surprised if we'll see a whole lot of growth there. That said I don't know how much experience there currently is with pushing this architecture low-level, and what results that could give.

I don't know ... I think the Cell setup was so complex and novel that it took much longer to make sense of it, and I am willing to bet there's still room there to find new ways of doing things, or different things. These Vita launch titles are very early and their graphics engines likely have had a relatively short turnover time, so I expect there is a fair bit room for growth, but I would be surprised if we'll see a whole lot of growth there. That said I don't know how much experience there currently is with pushing this architecture low-level, and what results that could give.

I think watching the quality of games that appear on the iPad should be a good rule of thumb. After they have practically the same GPU (don't think the iPad has the + bit), and they share the exact same CPU, only the Vita has two extra cores. The big difference being the screen size, Infinity Blade II sure looks pretty on the new iPad.

I like the fact that the Vita barely gets warm even when plugged into the mains and hammered for a few hours (try speed runs through Uncharted...). Unlike the new iPad, which also doubles as a griddle for doing your eggs and bacon on. lol! Seriously though, mine gets incredibly warm in comparison to my iPad2.

I think watching the quality of games that appear on the iPad should be a good rule of thumb. After they have practically the same GPU (don't think the iPad has the + bit), and they share the exact same CPU, only the Vita has two extra cores. The big difference being the screen size, Infinity Blade II sure looks pretty on the new iPad.

I like the fact that the Vita barely gets warm even when plugged into the mains and hammered for a few hours (try speed runs through Uncharted...). Unlike the new iPad, which also doubles as a griddle for doing your eggs and bacon on. lol! Seriously though, mine gets incredibly warm in comparison to my iPad2.

Should it though? Can't the Vita be pushed (much) further thanks to low OS overhead meaning near direct access to hardware as well as having proper VRAM?

a lot of developers probably only got the final dev kit really late too, or trying to port PS3 engine to VIta. Capcom, Sega etc does a much better jobs with games like MvC3 and VT4, maybe because their engines are PC ready. I remember those phyre engine guy from last GDC said its better to port the PC version of the engine than PS3.

Psp also had better looking games like the ever improving GOW titles near its end. Not to forget Peace Walker, which looked great on psp. Graphics will definitely improve as for the first wave of games, devs didn't even have access to the actual hardware till quite late.

ya, I think we can compare something like the launch project gothem racing to the last one that was released on 360.

Should it though? Can't the Vita be pushed (much) further thanks to low OS overhead meaning near direct access to hardware as well as having proper VRAM?

Certainly the Vita has a lot more potential than the iPad. I was just thinking that as iOS games are quite late into their dev cycle and UE3 is running on it we could use games like Infinity Blade as a heuristic for the potential of VIta games. In terms of visuals at least. Game play will most likely have a lot more depth than anything on iOS (at the moment). Obviously the big winner on the iPad in the resolution whilst the big win on the Vita is it ergonomics, and better hardware.

On a side note. The Vita remains amazingly cool to touch despite multi-hour sessions on Uncharted whilst my iPad3 gets, almost, uncomfortably warm within an hour of gaming. I'm sure if I plugged it into the mains and left it running for a few hours I could fry some eggs and bacon on it!! :LOL:

So I've gotten super ghost and goblins and uncharted. I also got that blob game. Any recomendations for PAX East ? any social type gaming. I'm taking my 3ds due to street passes but what about the vita , anything i should buy thats a similar experiance or just really fun in lines ?

I'm thankful for all the sugestions so far and I'm working my way down them. The lack of a car charger is really pissing me off however

Too difficult is not for me, right now. Maybe , when I am in a mood for a challenging game ;) !

OTOH, someone told me that u can have MGS:pW on your Vita right now if u have MediaGo installed on your PC. You can buy from Media Go and then it appears on your download list in the Vita. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
Personally, MediaGo just doesn't install on my Win7 64 bit. i run its setup and it says,it cannot update right now as Media Go is running, which is weird.

Media Go installed on my pc, but turned out peace walker isn't available on indian store, so could not try downloading it.

In other news, I caved in, made an HK account, reset my vita nad am downloading Gravity Rush demo +Ragnarok demo+Lord of Arcana demo right now !

Media Go installed on my pc, but turned out peace walker isn't available on indian store, so could not try downloading it.

In other news, I caved in, made an HK account, reset my vita nad am downloading Gravity Rush demo +Ragnarok demo+Lord of Arcana demo right now !

I think you need a PS3 to transfer PSP software to Vita. I don't think MediaGo is compatible with Vita today.

Atlus reduces the prices of PSP Personas and other titles
http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/27/atlus-reduces-the-price-of-psp-personas-and-other-titles/

Here’s a complete list of the reduced-price titles:

Class of Heroes — now $14.99 (was $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga — now $14.99 (was $29.99)
Hexyz Force — now $14.99 (was $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble — now $14.99 (was $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare — now $14.99 (was $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land — now $9.99 (was $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona — now $19.99 (was $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin — now $29.99 (was $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable — now $19.99 (was $39.99)
Yggdra Union — now $9.99 (was $14.99)

Back