Sony Vita Games Thread

Only tried endless once, but it's just like the name suggests: an endless score attack mode (with a single life I believe). It's a lot more intense than the Planet modes. There's an awful lot of space crap flying around.

I agree ! Every Vita owner should give Mutant Blob a look. It's only $8 and very fun to play. Basically you are a blob monster roaming in a 2D platform world [strike]killing people[/strike] swallowing up people and stuff, and avoiding death. ^_^

eastmen, with only a 4Gb mem card and limited time, I think the game is a good match for you too.

I'll check it out the system comes tommorow ! Could be something fun to play in line at pax

Does anyone know how the whole game saves thing works for minis & PSP games?

If I have a PSP save can I (and how can I) get the save onto the PSV?

Also, how do I xfer a save from one memstick to another? I can only find backup (which looks like it will backup everything)

As much as I love the Vita I'm not a great fan of the way it's game saves work...did I read somewhere that you can switch between accounts on one memstick and that the PSN games will still work?

Has anyone got some advice or a half-decent link - I need to decide on the best way forward for me and my kids - at the moments they play on my account.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

As far as I understand using different accounts on the Vita for anything other than getting stuff from other PSN Stores you really, really want, is not recommended. So I would let your kids just use your account.

For the PSP gamesave thing, there's a nice thread on GAF that basically has all the collective Vita Q&A on GAF neatly combined:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466654

Hi,

As far as I understand using different accounts on the Vita for anything other than getting stuff from other PSN Stores you really, really want, is not recommended. So I would let your kids just use your account.

For the PSP gamesave thing, there's a nice thread on GAF that basically has all the collective Vita Q&A on GAF neatly combined:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466654

nice one - cheers mate...now you can crack on with making the gap bigger between us on MS RC ;) :D

I am so looking forward to continuing the Resistance story, it was so disappointing to see R3 struggle so badly at the box office. I consider the Resistance franchise the highpoint of story driven FPS on the PS3. Killzone holds the crown for pure artistry but Resistance feels far more approachable.

The trailer doesn't look too good to me frankly. A Resistance fan I am to the core, and love R3, but, it looks like, I will need some convincing to get this one. Will wait to see more and would be great if they could throw out a demo as its Gravity Daze where my money will be going in near future.

Doesn't seem credible. Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced, but that list just says "Phantasy Star Victory" which as far as I know was a fan invented name (PSV for the PSV, get it?) for a wished for game. You'd also expect it to maybe have the 2012 Nippon Ichi game on it, but they've only got Disgaea 3 on there. Also, Sine Mora is Microsoft published. Doubtful that could be coming to Vita. That's just the stuff that jumps out at me. Someone just printed out a wishlist, scanned it and posted it as a "leak".

EDIT: image links got messed up, here's the link to the post :
http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22500&view=findpost&p=1367608

Supposedly a leaked Vita games list. Games listed according to publishers. Found it on my local forum.....has quite a few surprises there, but i have no idea where it came from ;) !

Just third party right? Seems legit, almost nothing on there that I didn't know already through GAF ... Nice to see SSX on there - I was banking on it, as I think I'd like the Vita version better than having this on PS3.

Red Dead Record: 1847 :)

What's that? :D

By the way, a bit of a surprise for EU Playstation Store update, we get a free to play game apparently, Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (which looks a lot like Bejewelled Blitz if you ask me).

EDIT2: installed (200MB), played, seems totally the typical iOS/Facebook type affair, but it does seem to play very well, Blitz is my favorite thing, your friends automatically appear in the leaderboards, etc.

EDIT: trailer

Just third party right? Seems legit, almost nothing on there that I didn't know already through GAF ... Nice to see SSX on there - I was banking on it, as I think I'd like the Vita version better than having this on PS3.

I would definitely want an SSX game on my vita, definitely. This device seems to provoke competition and high score chases, and SSX will be perfect combination of high speed fun and score chasing. I have never played an SSX game before but I absolutely love the videos I see of the SSX game on the ps3. It feels like perfect fit for the Vita !:D

What's that? :D

By the way, a bit of a surprise for EU Playstation Store update, we get a free to play game apparently, Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (which looks a lot like Bejewelled Blitz if you ask me).

EDIT2: installed (200MB), played, seems totally the typical iOS/Facebook type affair, but it does seem to play very well, Blitz is my favorite thing, your friends automatically appear in the leaderboards, etc.

EDIT: trailer

The vita store doesn't do a good job of highlighting new stuff. It was buried under the rest of the game even when browsing the 'Latest' section. Downloading right now. Funny that I downloaded Bejeweled blitz just yesterday on my iPad !

Pants, this is a leak from August last year...didn't realise that, so probably fake or changed beyond recognition :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok the Blitz game is definitely of the kind of pay to play and win variety, and a bit more limited even than Bejeweld Blitz in that you only have five 'Lives' and I have no idea how long you wait until you get more. Pity as this game does play rather well.

They should just port Bejewelled Blitz over. ^_^

I have yet to try Lumines.

Currently playing Mutant Blob on Vita and FFXIII-2 on PS3. Am pleasantly surprised by both.

Back