Sony Vita Games Thread

PeaceWalker should work on Vita:

What I want is a MGS Collection of Meta Gear AC!D 1 & 2, plus Portable Ops. :( :( :(

Mortal Kombat For Vita Is Rebalanced, Has Fruit Ninja Parody
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/16/mortal-kombat-for-vita-is-rebalanced-has-fruit-ninja-parody/

NetherRealm Studios is bringing Mortal Kombat to PlayStation Vita and the portable version is based on Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition. You get all of the downloadable characters (Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, and Freddy Krueger) plus PlayStation exclusive guest Kratos and all of the downloadable costumes.

So, what’s new? When I played Mortal Kombat on Vita I tried a Fruit Ninja style challenge game called Test Your Slice. This challenge has players swipe a finger to cut skulls and torsos, but watch out for bombs. If you touch three of those and you’ll fail the challenge. NetherRealm also added Test Your Balance, a tilt control mini-game where you have to keep a fighter from falling into the pit.

Mortal Kombat for PlayStation Vita also has over 100 new missions to clear in the Challenge Tower mode.

I asked more questions about the fighting system and if anything had changed. I was told Mortal Kombat for Vita will be rebalanced compared to complete Komplete Edition, but NetherRealm Studios wouldn’t say how this version is tweaked because they want players to discover differences instead.

May 2 is the release date.

Just can't stop playing the Blob game :p ! Being able to carry ur gake anywhere sure is addicting !

ajd whtther u like platformers or not is immaterial, just get this game. Its a blast ! Cheerful and just rightly challenging, and .........leaderboards ! For the first time in my life I am checking leaderboards after each level :D !

Just can't stop playing the Blob game :p ! Being able to carry ur gake anywhere sure is addicting !

ajd whtther u like platformers or not is immaterial, just get this game. Its a blast ! Cheerful and just rightly challenging, and .........leaderboards ! For the first time in my life I am checking leaderboards after each level :D !

Haha, how is the blobs going for you? I got stuck on first level trying to improve my ranking, now 27tht 30270 points :) ridiculously addictive game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys. I won a vita through taco bell. I'm getting a 4 gig memory card , hot shots golf , little deviants and when released little big planet all for free through the taco bell contest .

I'm returning hot shots to gamestop. My friend will take it back. What should i put the money towards ?

Also i'm going to pax east and will bring my 3ds for street pass. I hear the vita has simlar features. With that said will the vita charge off a micro usb battery (its a female input so i can use the sony plug )

Haha, how is the blobs going for you? I got stuck on first level trying to improve my ranking, now 27tht 30270 points :) ridiculously addictive game.

Wow ! Can u make a video of ur run for us noobs to learn pls? I am not what exactly is counted in the total score.
Also, my score for the first few levels isn't getting uploaded as I was offline while playing those, the college levels. Anyway to get it online now? Even if i replay those levels, it doesn't ask me to sign in and upload scores. The score gets uploaded for any new levels that I play, but not those levels, even if I replay them.

eastmen said:
Okay guys. I won a vita through taco bell. I'm getting a 4 gig memory card , hot shots golf , little deviants and when released little big planet all for free through the taco bell contest .

I'm returning hot shots to gamestop. My friend will take it back. What should i put the money towards ?

Also i'm going to pax east and will bring my 3ds for street pass. I hear the vita has simlar features. With that said will the vita charge off a micro usb battery (its a female input so i can use the sony plug )

A PSN card and then buy Motorstorm, Super Stardust and Mutant Blobs? They should fit into 1GB total. And Motorstorm may still be free for you? The rest depends too much on your personal taste for me to recommend anything, you may like to try some demos first.

A PSN card and then buy Motorstorm, Super Stardust and Mutant Blobs? They should fit into 1GB total. And Motorstorm may still be free for you? The rest depends too much on your personal taste for me to recommend anything, you may like to try some demos first.

true. My gaming in general is alot less now . It took me 4 months to beat zelda oot and not cause it was hard but because i got mabye 25 hours during those 4months to play it.

I was thinking luminarys as i enjoyed the original for psp and perhaps uncharted.

Lumines is completily aweseome :) Though ultimately it's almost the same game as with psp with couple of twists.

I like rayman origins a lot, mutant blobs is fun and addictive. Now I'm playing uncharted, it's pretty good on game mechanics but lacks a lot on the story side. I would call that solid 8+ game but nothing revolutionary.

I tried unit13 demo and I was really, really, surprised how well the ps vita analog nubs work for FPS games. If you like FPS stuff unit13 might be your ticket to heaven(it's good, playable in short bursts and has loads of replay value due to leaderboards).

If you haven't played psp classics then one of the patapons probably is an excellent buy. I do like the old amiga classic pinball fantasies a lot too.

If you don't game too much then just downloading the demos and going through them might keep you busy for a decent while. Because there is plenty of demos I don't feel it's urgent to buy a lot of games with vita on day 1(and it's easy enough to buy them digitally once you figure out what you like).

Wow ! Can u make a video of ur run for us noobs to learn pls? I am not what exactly is counted in the total score.
Also, my score for the first few levels isn't getting uploaded as I was offline while playing those, the college levels. Anyway to get it online now? Even if i replay those levels, it doesn't ask me to sign in and upload scores. The score gets uploaded for any new levels that I play, but not those levels, even if I replay them.

I'm afraid I suck with videos :) For the first level it's all in "luck", You need to smash the hidden route on the wind tunnel and hope to collect all the bits and pieces that start to fly around. Other than that it's a speedrun though time doesn't give that many extra points that you could compensate for missed shards on wind tunnel.

Got Somewhere around 90 on level2 ranking. I don't think I can play this game anymore, it is a time thief. I need to finish uncharted at least first.

edit. If fellow vita/ps3 gamers have room on their friends list you could add me. My PSN nick is "roflator"

I'm afraid I suck with videos :) For the first level it's all in "luck", You need to smash the hidden route on the wind tunnel and hope to collect all the bits and pieces that start to fly around. Other than that it's a speedrun though time doesn't give that many extra points that you could compensate for missed shards on wind tunnel.

Got Somewhere around 90 on level2 ranking. I don't think I can play this game anymore, it is a time thief. I need to finish uncharted at least first.

edit. If fellow vita/ps3 gamers have room on their friends list you could add me. My PSN nick is "roflator"

Will add you on PSN :) !
Does collecting the "Friends" add to score? I guess not.

Also, guys, why are there no demos for PSP titles. I want to play Patapon, Peace Walker , God of War demos before buying them. I have never tried those before , except Patapon on a friend's PSP, and it was awesome. But I want tot see them running on my Vita before purchase.

Is there no way to access PSP demos via Vita PSN?

I have no idea, but can tell you that Patapon should look fantastic. LocoRoco uses a similar graphics engine and looks amazing.

After playing the demo of Rayman a few times and letting others play it I pulled the trigger on it and bought the full game (€34,95). I hesitated because I also have the PS3 version, but no regrets, the game looks and plays insanely good on Vita. This game makes the analog stick really shine, the high framerate and immediate response really highlights its precision like nothing else, especially in the shooting section. And the utter lack of ghosting/display lag of the OLED helps a lot too!

I even enjoy ghost mode and being able to pop the baddies manually is strangely satisfying. Artifacts seem fun too though I haven't quite figured out yet how to collect them (well I know I should tap them) and where to find them.

If you hear a rattling noise you are close to an artefact. I ran through half of the game before I even started paying attention to the noise. It's a very obvious audio cue once you know what you are listening for, but since it also blends in nicely with the ecclectic music it's relatively easy to ignore.

all the spelling mistakes above r due to the vita keyboard :LOL:

I agree ! Every Vita owner should give Mutant Blob a look. It's only $8 and very fun to play. Basically you are a blob monster roaming in a 2D platform world [strike]killing people[/strike] swallowing up people and stuff, and avoiding death. ^_^

eastmen, with only a 4Gb mem card and limited time, I think the game is a good match for you too.

anyone got the dlc for star dust? Im wondering what the tiwn gun mode is like.

Hi, and yes. You now have two guns, both analog sticks are guns, and you use tilt to move around. It's easier than it sounds like. For me, Endless mode alone is worth the DLC price, always loved that on the PS3 version too (though it's still slightly more spectacular there). At the same time, I'm not playing that much Stardust compared to other games, I have to admit. Will likely still return to it eventually though. There is such an embarrassment of riches of games out there for Vita, I haven't played so much of anything (and bought as many games) as I have these last four weeks, let alone with a launch unit. It's crazy.

sounds like a lot of fun, what is endless mode again? I regretted getting the game a week early before it was official out on the store, I bought the game via search because I got the first day Vita bundle that came out a week early. I would have wait for the bundle if I knew there is going to be one. The core game itself is a hell lot of fun, more fun than anything I played on my new ipad thats for sure.

Back